• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Kahles K525i review, a comparison with the Tangent Theta and Nightforce ATACR 7-35

I spent some time comparing my Kahles 525i to a schmidt PM2 but it was raining so I'll hold off commenting until I can give it a proper shakedown next to a schmidt, 5-25 ATACR, and tangent.

Last edited:
In the samples I’ve owned, PM2 is better at 25x.

Would need to check them side by side again to see at 15-18x. I feel like the kahles was better, but that may have been because 25x on the kahles was relatively bad for its price point.

Don’t read a ton into that, it’s still really good. I just don’t feel it resolves as well at 25x as other optics in the price tier.

When I was running all kahles, I chose them for the reticle and overall features.

Maybe this is just my sample, but I literally have them both side by side at 25x and I just don’t see it. If anything the kahles seems a bit brighter.

Maybe this is just my sample, but I literally have them both side by side at 25x and I just don’t see it. If anything the kahles seems a bit brighter.
Don’t mistake brightness for overall resolution and contrast. Our eyes can fool our brains in some situations, that being said it is possible you have one of the better copies of the K525i. I had a stellar copy of the K318i that bested several Schmidt US 3-20’s, it was my favorite ultra short until I experienced the ZCO ZC420

Reactions: CSTactical
I agree the kahles is awesome, I have 2 thinking about a 3rd until I got the ZCO 4-20. I believe it’s my favorite scope eve now.

Reactions: CSTactical
I sent one TT back for the top edge being blurry and blacked out as described earlier. I was told the scope was in spec, but on the far side and they replaced it, new scope is better but still shows up. Was told that it is normal for their scope and is because they use no field limiter. I explained to them that I was only dialed down 7 mils from optical center as they ship the scope and that I have never seen a scope do this as severely as it showed. I have looked through probably 15 different TT 5-25’s and most do not show this. Not sure what to feel about it at this point, but I do not think it should exhibit this. As I dial up the shaded area at top goes away so I’m sure it has something to do with the internal travel of the lenses, and can understand seeing it at an extreme setting but not so close to center. All else seems to function as advertised.

Last edited:
Maybe what you think is the optical center isn’t? Did you center by counting clicks or by looking through the objective?

Really nice reviews thanks Reno!
Are you from Reno Nv?

Love the review! Thanks for just telling the observations you had and not coloring the review with prejudice

Reactions: Renomd