• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Karstens cheek piece

tinman52

Private
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2008
Delware
I'm going to buy the Karstens cheek piece and wondered if anyone has mounted it with a drill press and if you would have any suggestions.

Plus I have seen a few with what looks like a knurled nut (not the star) and would like to know where they got them.

Thanks

Mike .

Re: Karstens cheek piece

If you can't get a hold of Karsten, let me know. I have some of his cheek pieces in stock.

Installation is usually simple. I have never used a drill press, but I could see where that would help keeping the holes aligned on both sides.

The most important thing to remember about the installation is to make sure you can still operate and remove the bolt with the cheek rest installed.

Here is a picture of the cheek rest I have:

xctmpHxr2lg.png

Drop Karsten a PM on here. When I ordered mine I asked and he gave me both types (not sure on the cost, it was a while ago, but it's minimal)

Sorry HiTech, you beat me to it.

I am also wanting to buy one of Karstens cheek pieces. I have sent him a PM, but he hasn't responded yet. So for you guys out there that do have a Karstens piece, which one would you recommend? Not quite sure which one to get. Thanks in advance for any input!

I just skipped straight to sending him a paypal order a couple days ago. Haven't heard anything yet, but I won't be surprised if one just shows up in the mail without any further communication. Busy or not, in the past he's always been real good about getting orders shipped pronto. Guess we'll see...

cant remember but if you search for karsten on here his contact info shows up. i simply emailed him and he responded right away. Once i placed my order with him after a quick chat the order was on my doorstep in 2 days! thats from Utah to Mass in two days!

I used a drill press to drill my holes. I kind of shimmed it on the table and ran a level each way to figure holes were as straight as possible. I figured out first where I wanted it and traced in the slots with a pencil and marked where the knobs looked and operated best. THe knurled knobs are provided by Karsten with the version you order.

Best of luck

I have one of these mounted on my rifle(R700 in HS Prec. Stock). Drilled it by hand, made sure it was leveled before I drilled and had it laid out to make sure the bolt would clear. Great cheekpiece.

SY

The drill press will make it pretty easy to do. I wouldn't worry about it because mine turned out real nice and I did mine with a hand drill. just make sure it's nice and level, and that the bolt can open with where you decide to install it.

I installed mine using the drill press. I just moved a small bench next to the drill press to support forend of the stock. I emailed Karsten with a question prior to the sale and he answered promptly. He was also very good about shipping once the order was placed. I installed mine on a 77/22 that I'm setting up as a trainer.
IMG_1005.jpg

FYI - I spoke with Karsten and he said he is no longer permitted on The Hide (too many political posts I think), therefore be will not get his PMs. He can be reached on his email, [email protected]. If you have trouble reaching him, contact me. I will sell his cheek pieces for the same price that he does even though I advertise them for more.

Personally, I like the Model A tne best just because it is tool-free adjustment, but to each his own.

Thank guys! I appreciate the info.

Hi-Tech, I will get in touch with you in a couple of days. Thanks,

-Ronnie

Sure enough, I got an email last night saying that it had shipped and apologizing for any delay (not that there was any) and then the cheek piece arrived today. Makes all the difference on a Manners T3...

_MG_0604.JPG

So apparently just sending him a paypal with the model you want as a comment works just fine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good!</div></div>

Yeah, it's been a while since I had a rifle that needed one. I forgot how much I like them.