• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Kelly's Heros

Re: Kelly's Heros

A personal favorite of mine as well. I watched it on the big screen back in 1983 when it played at our campus theater. Good balance of action and comedy.

One of the best, its up there with my favorites like Van Ryan's Express with Frank Sanatra, The Great Escape, Battle of the Bulge, To Hell and Back, John Wayne and the Green Berrets, Flying Tigers, Sands of Iwo Jima, They were Expendable, In Harms Way........the list goes on but look into some of them if you liked Kelly's Hero's.

One of my favorites.
cool.gif

"Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!"

KHBrowningM3-1.jpg

kellys34567890-515x348.jpg

"Hiii, man"
"What're you doin'?"
"I'm just drinking some wine and eating cheese and catching some rays... you know. "

"While our armies are advancing and everybody's knocking themselves out to be heroes, we are holding ourselves in reserve."

how about the bridge over the river kwai or the bridges of toko ri too. dirty dozen was killer. man the old war movies were great

"in need of some serious Rest and Reorganization."

lol, kellys heros, towards the end, they tell the people that carrol o'connor is someone famous? i cant recall who, but it bought them the time they needed to get away

Great film. I also loved "Where Eagles Dare" with Clint Eastwood. He was playing back-up to Richard Burton. Even though the machine guns never ran out of ammo it was still good.

The "Guns of Navarone" is another awesome flick. Based loosely around a true story.

Kelly's Heros has been one of my personal fav's since I was 11. My sister got it on DVD for me for christmas a few years back, great present.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol, kellys heros, towards the end, they tell the people that carrol o'connor is someone famous? i cant recall who, but it bought them the time they needed to get away</div></div>

Charles DeGaulle, who IMHO is actually a dead ringer for Peter Sellers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great film. I also loved "Where Eagles Dare" with Clint Eastwood. He was playing back-up to Richard Burton. Even though the machine guns never ran out of ammo it was still good.

The "Guns of Navarone" is another awesome flick. Based loosely around a true story.</div></div>

Both books by the same author, Alistair MacLean

but sorry don't want to hi-jack, just mention in case you didn't know.

Seekers

It will be a classic for generations.Watch it once a year

I loved the scene where Big Joe, Kelly and Oddball walk the street facing down the Tiger tank...Cowboy style.

In my to 10 war flicks, great movie. No matter what I am watching if I am channel surfing, and I see it on. Everything takes a second.

I think the line was, "Drinking wine, eating cheeese, diggin the righteous day."

If you watch that scene carefully, listen, you can actually hear spurs jingling to their steps. It is clearly an attempt at humor.

I liked Oddball's brand of "psych" armored warefare with his Sherman - welding a big tube over his 75mm so the Germans would think they had "maybe a 90mm" main gun...playing music over a loudspeaker during his attacks (pre-Apocalypse Now) i.e. "I'll Be Working on the Railroad"...shooting psychedelic paint shells during battle - that almost backfired when they shot the Tiger tank in the ass end with a giant paintball instead of an HEAT round - Patton would be rolling over in his grave!

Good action mixed with good comedy. I watch it about once a year, usually during a holiday break.
smile.gif

"Then make a deal."

"What kind of a deal?"

"A deal deal. Maybe the guy's a republican. Business is business."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MajKong</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Then make a deal."

"What kind of a deal?"

"A deal deal. Maybe the guy's a republican. Business is business."</div></div>

You beat me to it! A great line for sure!

One of the best I grew up on it and other old school Eastwood movies. I dont know why but that has always been one of my favorites.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hankpac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good movie, but the theme song sucked. It was so 70's/ </div></div>
Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves.