Movie Theater Kelly's Heros

CSI

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2008
SC
Re: Kelly's Heros

A personal favorite of mine as well. I watched it on the big screen back in 1983 when it played at our campus theater. Good balance of action and comedy.

N2DADARK

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2010

One of the best, its up there with my favorites like Van Ryan's Express with Frank Sanatra, The Great Escape, Battle of the Bulge, To Hell and Back, John Wayne and the Green Berrets, Flying Tigers, Sands of Iwo Jima, They were Expendable, In Harms Way........the list goes on but look into some of them if you liked Kelly's Hero's.

konabully

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2004
PHX & So-Cal

One of my favorites.
cool.gif

"Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!"

KHBrowningM3-1.jpg

kellys34567890-515x348.jpg

unrepentant

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2008
ms

"Hiii, man"
"What're you doin'?"
"I'm just drinking some wine and eating cheese and catching some rays... you know. "

"While our armies are advancing and everybody's knocking themselves out to be heroes, we are holding ourselves in reserve."

AXEMAN

General Nuisance
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2009
kansas, topeka

how about the bridge over the river kwai or the bridges of toko ri too. dirty dozen was killer. man the old war movies were great

N2DADARK

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2010

"in need of some serious Rest and Reorganization."

AXEMAN

General Nuisance
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2009
kansas, topeka

lol, kellys heros, towards the end, they tell the people that carrol o'connor is someone famous? i cant recall who, but it bought them the time they needed to get away

sandwarrior

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2007
in yooperland

Great film. I also loved "Where Eagles Dare" with Clint Eastwood. He was playing back-up to Richard Burton. Even though the machine guns never ran out of ammo it was still good.

The "Guns of Navarone" is another awesome flick. Based loosely around a true story.

Ratbert

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2007
Concord, NC

Kelly's Heros has been one of my personal fav's since I was 11. My sister got it on DVD for me for christmas a few years back, great present.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol, kellys heros, towards the end, they tell the people that carrol o'connor is someone famous? i cant recall who, but it bought them the time they needed to get away</div></div>

Charles DeGaulle, who IMHO is actually a dead ringer for Peter Sellers.

Seekers

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2009
Newman Lake WA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great film. I also loved "Where Eagles Dare" with Clint Eastwood. He was playing back-up to Richard Burton. Even though the machine guns never ran out of ammo it was still good.

The "Guns of Navarone" is another awesome flick. Based loosely around a true story.</div></div>

Both books by the same author, Alistair MacLean

but sorry don't want to hi-jack, just mention in case you didn't know.

Seekers

leprechaun

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2007

It will be a classic for generations.Watch it once a year

Mk4

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2002
High Plains of Texas

I loved the scene where Big Joe, Kelly and Oddball walk the street facing down the Tiger tank...Cowboy style.

jhedg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2005
Gator Nation

In my to 10 war flicks, great movie. No matter what I am watching if I am channel surfing, and I see it on. Everything takes a second.

Rookie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2004
D/FW

I think the line was, "Drinking wine, eating cheeese, diggin the righteous day."

ShadowJack

Private
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2010

If you watch that scene carefully, listen, you can actually hear spurs jingling to their steps. It is clearly an attempt at humor.

Roscoe_M4

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2003
Chattanooga, TN

I liked Oddball's brand of "psych" armored warefare with his Sherman - welding a big tube over his 75mm so the Germans would think they had "maybe a 90mm" main gun...playing music over a loudspeaker during his attacks (pre-Apocalypse Now) i.e. "I'll Be Working on the Railroad"...shooting psychedelic paint shells during battle - that almost backfired when they shot the Tiger tank in the ass end with a giant paintball instead of an HEAT round - Patton would be rolling over in his grave!

Good action mixed with good comedy. I watch it about once a year, usually during a holiday break.
smile.gif

MajKong

Private
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2010
Reno, NV

"Then make a deal."

"What kind of a deal?"

"A deal deal. Maybe the guy's a republican. Business is business."

dirkreader

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2004
Texas

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MajKong</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Then make a deal."

"What kind of a deal?"

"A deal deal. Maybe the guy's a republican. Business is business."</div></div>

You beat me to it! A great line for sure!

jbell

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter+
  • Jan 16, 2010
    Lewiston, ME

One of the best I grew up on it and other old school Eastwood movies. I dont know why but that has always been one of my favorites.

Fred_C_Dobbs

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Apr 26, 2010

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hankpac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good movie, but the theme song sucked. It was so 70's/ </div></div>
    Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves.