• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel FW 1.45 release Pleases Read

Kestrel Ballistics

Commercial Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2018
Boothwyn PA
kestrelinstruments.com
Firmware update 1.45 Release
We will be releasing firmware update 1.45 tomorrow (Friday 2/12/21). This will fix any issues people have had with 1.44. Please understand there are not any ballistics changes with this firmware update, so it is not necessary to update for 5700 users. However, if you plan to update your unit, it is important that you load the latest version of the Kestrel LINK Ballistics app before performing the update so you have less chance of the firmware update failing upon installation. If you do not have apps automatically update on your mobile device, please go to the Play Store and manually update your application before updating your firmware.

Thanks for your patience on this matter.

Last edited:
I realize this doesn't change anything ballistics wise, but the update alert keeps popping up every time I connect my Kestrel to my iPhone XR (with latest Kestrel LINK Ballistics). I tried updating the Kestrel, here's what pops up every time. Just FYI.

Attachments

• A8882767-F118-4AED-9846-405CF6FF5817.png
    A8882767-F118-4AED-9846-405CF6FF5817.png
    235.1 KB · Views: 74
I realize this doesn't change anything ballistics wise, but the update alert keeps popping up every time I connect my Kestrel to my iPhone XR (with latest Kestrel LINK Ballistics). I tried updating the Kestrel, here's what pops up every time. Just FYI.
Please make sure Privacy Pin is off when trying the update. Go into Kestrel->Main Menu->Bluetooth and press the center button and make sure Privacy Pin is off.

Firmware update 1.45 Release
We will be releasing firmware update 1.45 tomorrow (Friday 2/12/21). This will fix any issues people have had with 1.44. Please understand there are not any ballistics changes with this firmware update, so it is not necessary to update for 5700 users. However, if you plan to update your unit, it is important that you load the latest version of the Kestrel LINK Ballistics app before performing the update so you have less chance of the firmware update failing upon installation. If you do not have apps automatically update on your mobile device, please go to the Play Store and manually update your application before updating your firmware.

Thanks for your patience on this matter.

Just confirming that 5700 Elite w/ this firmware still does not support scope correction factors. If so, really bummed as I view this as the biggest flaw of the device.

Scope Correction Factor is still in testing, not in this release. Scope error is currently accounted for when using Cal MV function. We get calls every day from shooter who have never used the Cal MV function and are unaware that is the function to TRUE you Kestrel to your rifle.

Ok appreciate the update. Glad to hear it is being worked on in a future upgrade. I know its baked into that function, but it really should be its own input. Seems elementary to me in light of all the other esoteric ballistic inputs you can control in the device
Scope Correction Factor is still in testing, not in this release. Scope error is currently accounted for when using Cal MV function. We get calls every day from shooter who have never used the Cal MV function and are unaware that is the function to TRUE you Kestrel to your rifle.