• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics Kestrel Sportsman Ballistics Weather Meter reduced to only $249.99, reduced from $569.99

Just ordered a second one for my brother.
Thanks again.

Because it wouldn't be possible for me to actually save money despite @gr8fuldoug s great offer I had to buy this...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Much more substantial than this....

image.jpg

I started coughing shortly after this came in the house.

Reactions: 1911hombre
Anybody know right off which LRFs this Kestrel Sportsman will pair with? Would be good for a unit to pair with all of them!!
Thanks
I upgraded the firmware from Sportsman to 5700 and it linked to the Bushnell Nitro 1800 and provides range, elevation and wind readings.

Mine arrived today and it is as advertised. I have been putting off getting a kestrel for years, very glad I finally did it! Thanks again Doug!

Reactions: 1911hombre
Thanks again for all the orders guys. We just got another shipment so those of you who are interested please give us a call, 516-217-1000
Stay safe
Got mine last week and got the Elite upgrade. Hard to beat the deal here.

Thanks Doug!

Reactions: gr8fuldoug
I upgraded.

Easy to do.

Now I can enter more rifles than 3.

I saved some money with this deal considering the peripherals that come with the Sportsman model.

Thanks @gr8fuldoug

I am guessing the Kestrel cable to upgrade is proprietary, not a mini usb, etc?

I am guessing the Kestrel cable to upgrade is proprietary, not a mini usb, etc?

Its an Infrared cable.

The two "eyes" on the back of the Kestrel send/receive the data.

The upgrade is specific to your kestrel by serial number.

I think its not their first rodeo and they are in business to make money.

Im not a tech guy so the cable was right for me. The Dongle may give you more options if you have high speed devices that you can Link to in the field.

I need to play with my unit more. Ive downlaoded info that I have entered into the Kestrel to their Link site but I think there is other Kestrel downlaod or customer service pages I need to store my rifle info and allow for me to enter info via a keyboard rather than the clumsier (but easy) method on the Kestrel.

Reactions: chrome
If anyone is looking for a companion RF......

Quick question on these, from a mounting perspective (badger), does the sportsman mirror a 4000 or 5000 series kestreL?

Just got mine in and I didn't realize it came with the weather vane attachment. What a cool piece of kit at an absolute killer deal! Get one before they are gone!

Thank you for offering this deal! Can't wait to get it in!

Ordered one couple days ago and got a shipment notification yesterday

Loving mine! Really nice that it comes with the weather vane too! Just purchased the 5700 Sportsman to Elite upgrade from Kestrel for $190 and got the required Kestrel Bluetooth dongle for $23.00 to do the upgrade. Way cheaper than the USB cable and you have the option to use either one. Hell of a deal for a Kestrel Elite for under $475 compared to $699.99 and comes with the weather vane. Thanks Doug @gr8fuldoug !!!