• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Optics Kestrel Sportsman Ballistics Weather Meter reduced to only $249.99, reduced from $569.99

Because it wouldn't be possible for me to actually save money despite @gr8fuldoug s great offer I had to buy this...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Much more substantial than this....

image.jpg

I started coughing shortly after this came in the house.

Reactions: 1911hombre
I am guessing the Kestrel cable to upgrade is proprietary, not a mini usb, etc?

Its an Infrared cable.

The two "eyes" on the back of the Kestrel send/receive the data.

The upgrade is specific to your kestrel by serial number.

I think its not their first rodeo and they are in business to make money.

Im not a tech guy so the cable was right for me. The Dongle may give you more options if you have high speed devices that you can Link to in the field.

I need to play with my unit more. Ive downlaoded info that I have entered into the Kestrel to their Link site but I think there is other Kestrel downlaod or customer service pages I need to store my rifle info and allow for me to enter info via a keyboard rather than the clumsier (but easy) method on the Kestrel.

Reactions: chrome
If anyone is looking for a companion RF......

Loving mine! Really nice that it comes with the weather vane too! Just purchased the 5700 Sportsman to Elite upgrade from Kestrel for $190 and got the required Kestrel Bluetooth dongle for $23.00 to do the upgrade. Way cheaper than the USB cable and you have the option to use either one. Hell of a deal for a Kestrel Elite for under $475 compared to $699.99 and comes with the weather vane. Thanks Doug @gr8fuldoug !!!