• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel Zero Offset/Zero Height (potential) Issue

InTraining

Private
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2011
Northwest, Montana
Maybe someone can run the below ZO, ZH on their Kestrel 5700 Elite to confirm my Kestrel?

Per Kestrel Manual, group is left .75” and low .75”, therefore input -.75” for ZO and ZH. The solution on my Kestrel is up and left. I know the left is incorrect as the group is already left.

Confirmed 100 yard zero, confirmed wind set at 0 mph for both WS1 and 2 and at 12:00.

If I input the direction I want to move the group, +.75" for both, solution is down and right. This is incorrect as well, group is already down, the right is correct.

Therefore, I’m running ZH as -.75" and ZO as +.75" to get the correct zero, up and right. WTF?

I’ve emailed Applied Ballistics, haven’t heard back.

I implemented it such a negative means "less drop." From the bullet's perspective, there's less drop when the point of impact is up, therefore it's a negative number in the up direction. Sorry if it has led to some confusion. I tend to look at it from the bullet's perspective more often.