• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kevin McCarthy ousted as speaker, throwing Washington into chaos

bellylaf.gif
bellylaf.gif
bellylaf.gif

Hell yeah. At least it's something different. It may be worse in the end but at least we will know what it is.

Wall Street Silver

@WallStreetSilv
Subscribe

Now that Kevin McCarthy has been removed as Speaker, there will be a new vote.
Matt Gaetz and his small group of Conservatives (6 to 11) will be able to hopefully hold the new Speaker's feet to the fire.
What changes?
1) Ukraine funding eliminated?
2) Spending bill in less than 45 days with real cuts?

Any replacement Speaker can't do a deal with the Democrats because that new Speaker will be immediately removed. This is getting interesting.

My guess is nothing changes. They are all corrupt and will do or say just about anything to save their asses. They will continue in the business of getting nothing accomplished while we go about ours.

As far as I'm concerned, if you make backroom deals with the leftitsts, you need to be ousted.

...but... Next time it'll be a leftist that calls for the removal of a right-leaning speaker. Even though the thought was good, precedent has been set. The ability to remove a speaker has now been weaponized.

M

OP, when wasn’t Washington in chaos?
Smoke and mirrors.

R
Yeah, I saw "chaos" and started laughing. Anything that derails/sidetracks that clownshow from passing more "laws" is a good thing.

We don't need new "laws", we need fewer politicians passing them.

The whole idea that they "are saving the day" is utterly ridiculous. The less effective they are, the better off we are as citizens.

I'm not really all hot and bothered about McCarthy being figuratively "tarred and feathered". But, the one good thing that came of it was that it sent a message to other Rino's to clean up their act. Whether or not that happens remains to be seen and frankly, I'm not all that optimistic. But, kudo's to Gaetz for starting and finishing it. Now, focus some of that energy/momentum on Rino's like romney and murkowsky.

Last edited:
There will never be a swamp free Republican speaker. Because 98% plus of the R's are members' of the beltway club!
Bread and circus continues! Nothing changes.

Reactions: Lightning8
Looked up a new rep I voted for last go around. Voted to keep him.....sigh.

Going to send him a letter, real hand written stamped letter letting him know that is not why I voted for him and I am watching his voting record very close.

At least Pelosi and Hoyer got the boot. I thought McCarthy was the speaker and should be in those offices? Tells you who was running the show.

At least Pelosi and Hoyer got the boot. I thought McCarthy was the speaker and should be in those offices? Tells you who was running the show.
It sure as hell does. People think it is a "rudderless ship", no it had a rudder, the guy doing the work was being told by the one he replaced. He was a sell out. He thought the D's would back him, that again should tell you volumes. What they did should tell you volumes. Hopefully some lessons got learned, but I doubt it.

I think good money is on Jordan or that dude from Louisiana.

I beleive the situation was there are several "suites" reserved for high level people. The office Pelosi was kicked out of wasn't the "Speaker's" office but one of the larger suites reserved for leadership.

HOWEVER, given how she treats republicans I'm not sure why she was given anything but a swift kick in the ass

I beleive the situation was there are several "suites" reserved for high level people. The office Pelosi was kicked out of wasn't the "Speaker's" office but one of the larger suites reserved for leadership.

HOWEVER, given how she treats republicans I'm not sure why she was given anything but a swift kick in the ass
You are under the impression there are two teams up there, this should shed some light on that.

Big deal. It's gonna be the same shit show regardless of who has their ass in what seat.

This is real interesting, If it was the same old song and dance his "bring it" comment would have not aged so badly. He was counting on D support, he learned a lesson. He also learned that there are a hand full of people not under his thumb.....or perhaps their thumb. They could be under someone else thumb, but not the same group mcarthy was in.

If it only does one thing and that is shake up Ukraine bank rolling it is nothing but a win.

And they all got together and had drinks, steak and lobster. They all patted each other on the back and congratulated each other on their performance.
We tax payers get to pay for it.

1696457471991.png

Our children's future. Doesn't look bright with these ass-clowns. Future? Southern border? Who am I kidding...
Fire them all. Shut it down.

Reactions: greg1147
Looked up a new rep I voted for last go around. Voted to keep him.....sigh.

Going to send him a letter, real hand written stamped letter letting him know that is not why I voted for him and I am watching his voting record very close.

And some intern will scan it for about ten seconds, place in file 13 and send you a form letter thanking you for you interest.

End result: Wasted postage and envelope.

Reactions: Im2bent
And some intern will scan it for about ten seconds,show it to everyone and place in file 13 as they all laugh their asses off, and then send you a form letter thanking you for you interest.

Fify

Reactions: DIBBS and EddieNFL
Wasn't DC already in unproductive stupidity and chaos, and has been for YEARS?

And some intern will scan it for about ten seconds, place in file 13 and send you a form letter thanking you for you interest.

Not in my experience, but it has been a while.

I got a letter back that was clearly not a form letter, how do I know, it referenced topics I brought up. This was written specifically in answer to my letter.

Yes I have no idea who read it, but I know someone did. It did have the reps signature on it, it just had to be a stamp as I just can't imagine him really reading my note.....if it was a stamp it was a good one.

I really think a great many people think as you do, so they don't get much "real mail" from people in their districts.

I think "snail mail" really does bring things to the table. I sent a letter to a fast food chain griping about something and they sent back a $100 gift card. Found that cool.

I did another one, but right now I can't remember what it was. My wife says I am turning into a meme.

1696589536862.png

Not in my experience, but it has been a while.

I got a letter back that was clearly not a form letter, how do I know, it referenced topics I brought up. This was written specifically in answer to my letter.

Yes I have no idea who read it, but I know someone did. It did have the reps signature on it, it just had to be a stamp as I just can't imagine him really reading my note.....if it was a stamp it was a good one.

I really think a great many people think as you do, so they don't get much "real mail" from people in their districts.

I think "snail mail" really does bring things to the table. I sent a letter to a fast food chain griping about something and they sent back a $100 gift card. Found that cool.

I did another one, but right now I can't remember what it was. My wife says I am turning into a meme.

View attachment 8242756

I haven't received anything but form letters for at least ten years. In a discussion with a former senator's aide, I learned a bit of how it works. A computer scans your email or letter looking for key words or phrases and a reply is automatically generated. The exceptions are a specific request such as a senior citizen complaining her social security was stopped without warning. Those are handled by a real person, but almost never the elected representative.

Reactions: TACC
I haven't received anything but form letters for at least ten years. In a discussion with a former senator's aide, I learned a bit of how it works. A computer scans your email or letter looking for key words or phrases and a reply is automatically generated. The exceptions are a specific request such as a senior citizen complaining her social security was stopped without warning. Those are handled by a real person, but almost never the elected representative.
I will update and let all know what happens when I send mine off.

Reactions: EddieNFL
Jim Jordan was asked what his first directive would be as speaker of the house. His response was to help the state of Israel. He didn’t even have the decency to lie to us about putting America first. How so many of you can still support the republican party (uniparty) is beyond me.