• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KGM R6... False advertising?

It never says mount. It says with direct thread.

Fair enough - it doesn't explicitly use the word "mount".

But isn't that implied? It's not a DT without a DT mount. I'm not sure what else they meant to communicate/imply with their messaging.

Fair enough - it doesn't explicitly use the word "mount".

But isn't that implied? It's not a DT without a DT mount. I'm not sure what else they meant to communicate/imply with their messaging.
No one advertises the weight with a mount. Why would they, it would be heavier than others when compared to say a manufacturer that doesn’t include that weight. If it were me (and I have 3 KGm’s) I would look for words like 7.9 ounces (including KGM direct thread mount). As a consumer without those clear words I’m assuming it’s just the silencer.

No one advertises the weight with a mount. Why would they, it would be heavier than others when compared to say a manufacturer that doesn’t include that weight. If it were me (and I have 3 KGm’s) I would look for words like 7.9 ounces (including KGM direct thread mount). As a consumer without those clear words I’m assuming it’s just the silencer.

Yeah, I dunno.

First off I'll state that I personally wouldn't care if it was 2 ozs off - that's just me, I wouldn't even bother weighing it.

But, I can see how one would infer that the suppressor weights 7.9 ozs with mount - it seems clear to me that's what they are implying. They don't specifically use the word "mount", to your point. But I also don't know how the suppressor is a DT without said mount. I can only interpret their communication on weight in one way - and I agree with the OP on that. KGM should've just made it clear that the weight is suppressor only, especially if that's what everyone else does.

Anyways, my interest in the topic is waning. I can see all sides of the issue, KGM could certainly be a lot more clear in this specific regard. Good luck to the OP in getting the resolution you seek.

Yeah, I dunno.

First off I'll state that I personally wouldn't care if it was 2 ozs off - that's just me, I wouldn't even bother weighing it.

But, I can see how one would infer that the suppressor weights 7.9 ozs with mount - it seems clear to me that's what they are implying. They don't specifically use the word "mount", to your point. But I also don't know how the suppressor is a DT without said mount. I can only interpret their communication on weight in one way - and I agree with the OP on that. KGM should've just made it clear that the weight is suppressor only, especially if that's what everyone else does.

Anyways, my interest in the topic is waning. I can see all sides of the issue, KGM could certainly be a lot more clear in this specific regard. Good luck to the OP in getting the resolution you seek.
I agree with everything you said. I weigh them to track carbon. I never look at what the manufacturer states as weight.

Reactions: kthomas
Good luck to the OP in getting the resolution you seek.
I only want to let others know. If they don't care then so be it but I know some will. If KGM corrected their specs that would somewhat respectable but I'm not holding my breath.

I only want to let others know. If they don't care then so be it but I know some will. If KGM corrected their specs that would somewhat respectable but I'm not holding my breath.
KGM no longer cares about civilian sales unfortunately

Did you reach out to KGM to tell them what's wrong, both so that they can correct the mistake and so they can have a chance to square up with you?

I don't think 2oz on a suppressor is going to make any functional difference, but if people are going out of their way to buy this suppressor over other options because of the weight, then KGM is making money on something that is untrue. The whole point of weight not being the primary objective of a suppressor aside, people do hold it in a high ranking sometimes.

KGM doesn't even seem to be focused on the private consumer market.

Personally, in the future I would give my money to companies that focus on the precision rifle market and care about their consumers.

Did you reach out to KGM to tell them what's wrong, both so that they can correct the mistake and so they can have a chance to square up with you?

I don't think 2oz on a suppressor is going to make any functional difference, but if people are going out of their way to buy this suppressor over other options because of the weight, then KGM is making money on something that is untrue. The whole point of weight not being the primary objective of a suppressor aside, people do hold it in a high ranking sometimes.
Did you read the original post?

Did you read the original post?
It sounds like the conversation was pretty casual and that you might not have really conveyed what you are thinking. We're all here talking in an internet forum about the company. Did you tell them flat out that you felt this was false advertising (intentionally or unintentionally) and that you feel wronged in your purchase?

That's a separate issue.

Dead Air contracts out their manufacturing to KGM (and to another company as well I believe). DA has recently had a lot of issues with certain suppressor models of theirs. Because KGM is the manufacturer, there's difficulties in getting adequate CS and resolution for the customers as a third party (KGM) is involved and the customer has no communication with. Because Dead Air has made the decision to be reliant on another manufacturer, they are at the whims of that manufacturer when problems arise, and the customer is stuck in the middle.

That's the unfortunate nature if you decide to outsource your manufacturing - especially for a highly regulated product like suppressors. The CS aspect becomes more complicated and can turn into a potential shitshow, which is has for DA. Some allegations that have been made on here (which are unsubstantiated, mind you) are that KGM is doing this purposefully to DA - though I don't know what they have to gain from doing that. Companies will always have other interests and priorities that won't always be 100% aligned with yours - so the decision to outsource manufacturing has resulted in pretty predictable results for DA. Though I'm sure being put into this spot has created some tough feelings between DA and KGM.

Anyways, that's it in a nutshell. I want to emphasize the unsubstantiated part of some of the rumors - its not fair to throw out those allegations against KGM without any corroborating information. The allegations being made are all by a third party that doesn't have any professional association with either company. The business dealings between DA and KGM are between those two parties, and I'm personally not going to cast any judgement on such private dealings between two entities.
I was talking with someone last weekend who has been all over KGMs manufacturing facility including the areas setup for "certain manufactures", and highly doubt they would hurt them considering oem is their bread and butter.

Most likely DA speced something , it was built as designed and turns out it needed more engineering. That's 100% on DA.

If the op doesn't like his can I will give you $400 for it. Let's get the paperwork started.

You obviously believe that 2oz is inconsequential, so I will ask you a couple questions:
1. What weight discrepancy between a spec sheet and actual would you consider as being relevant for a lightweight suppressor? 6oz , 10oz , 16oz , or other. Be specific.
2. What additional muzzle weight would you consider as affecting use or performance? Be specific.

Any weight added to a barrel, particularly at the muzzle, affects harmonics. Suppressors won't work as tuners. if that's your question.

You don't seriously want to know shit, just stir it up.

1. I guess it depends on person and usage, but specifically, more than 2oz. I could hand you 2 identical rifles, 1 with a brand new R6 and the other with 2oz of carbon added, and I guarantee it would be nothing more than a guess as to which was heavier.

Shit, I could probably hand you a brand new R6 by itself and then 1 with 2oz of carbon added and you’d probably have a hard time deciphering which is which. In a 10lb system you’re talking about 20% of 6%… that’s the literal definition of inconsequential.

If concerning yourself about that small of a discrepancy vs. the ‘spec sheet’ is worth your time and energy, that’s your prerogative. Sure as shit is not mine. I’m just telling you it doesn’t make a shit’s worth of difference in actual usage.

2. I think we’re arguing the same point… Adding any weight to the muzzle can change harmonics, POI, etc, but we’re not adding any weight… the weight is already there, so nothing changes. You’re going to work up a load and zero all the same for the falsely advertised ‘R6+’ just as if it were 2oz lighter.

I was just thinking of ridiculous ways to “justify” how 2oz could actually make a difference… because it doesn’t.

Bottom line is I stir shit in pots when it’s worth stirring... nerds concerned about a ~1% discrepancy in a 10lb system are worth it.

1. I guess it depends on person and usage, but specifically, more than 2oz. I could hand you 2 identical rifles, 1 with a brand new R6 and the other with 2oz of carbon added, and I guarantee it would be nothing more than a guess as to which was heavier.

Shit, I could probably hand you a brand new R6 by itself and then 1 with 2oz of carbon added and you’d probably have a hard time deciphering which is which. In a 10lb system you’re talking about 20% of 6%… that’s the literal definition of inconsequential.

If concerning yourself about that small of a discrepancy vs. the ‘spec sheet’ is worth your time and energy, that’s your prerogative. Sure as shit is not mine. I’m just telling you it doesn’t make a shit’s worth of difference in actual usage.

2. I think we’re arguing the same point… Adding any weight to the muzzle can change harmonics, POI, etc, but we’re not adding any weight… the weight is already there, so nothing changes. You’re going to work up a load and zero all the same for the falsely advertised ‘R6+’ just as if it were 2oz lighter.

I was just thinking of ridiculous ways to “justify” how 2oz could actually make a difference… because it doesn’t.

Bottom line is I stir shit in pots when it’s worth stirring... nerds concerned about a ~1% discrepancy in a 10lb system are worth it.
This is literally a strawman argument.... I'm sure you'll need to Google that one.

This is literally a strawman argument.... I'm sure you'll need to Google that one.

Actually it’s not.

But feel free to indulge yourself with as much or as little feedback in this thread - you were the one that posted it.

Also, as others have said, KGM gives zero fucks about your feedback… as they shouldn’t.

That's a separate issue.

Dead Air contracts out their manufacturing to KGM (and to another company as well I believe). DA has recently had a lot of issues with certain suppressor models of theirs. Because KGM is the manufacturer, there's difficulties in getting adequate CS and resolution for the customers as a third party (KGM) is involved and the customer has no communication with. Because Dead Air has made the decision to be reliant on another manufacturer, they are at the whims of that manufacturer when problems arise, and the customer is stuck in the middle.

That's the unfortunate nature if you decide to outsource your manufacturing - especially for a highly regulated product like suppressors. The CS aspect becomes more complicated and can turn into a potential shitshow, which is has for DA. Some allegations that have been made on here (which are unsubstantiated, mind you) are that KGM is doing this purposefully to DA - though I don't know what they have to gain from doing that. Companies will always have other interests and priorities that won't always be 100% aligned with yours - so the decision to outsource manufacturing has resulted in pretty predictable results for DA. Though I'm sure being put into this spot has created some tough feelings between DA and KGM.

Anyways, that's it in a nutshell. I want to emphasize the unsubstantiated part of some of the rumors - its not fair to throw out those allegations against KGM without any corroborating information. The allegations being made are all by a third party that doesn't have any professional association with either company. The business dealings between DA and KGM are between those two parties, and I'm personally not going to cast any judgement on such private dealings between two entities.

Maybe his is heavier because of all the blast media KGM leaves in them like those fuckers left in mine after they took 6 months to fix their fuck up. Took hours to completely strip my rifles and clean all the tiny media out of them and my three cans.

Honestly that company can get fucked as far as I’m concerned.

Shit, I could probably hand you a brand new R6 by itself and then 1 with 2oz of carbon added and you’d probably have a hard time deciphering which is which.

Over 20% difference in weight you think would be hard to detect?

His can is 25+% heavier than advertised. I don't see any problem being upset about it. He could have got a quieter 10-11oz can than the R6.

People will spend hundreds of dollars on hunting rifles to swap some parts out with aluminum or ti to save a couple-few ounces. If I made a purchase and weight was a deciding factor I'd be pissed as well.

Clearly it looks like KGM put the weight without the mount on their site. Looking on their site, I don't see where they say a mount is included. I would agree that they should list a weight with what is required to shoot the suppressor. If there are multiple options for mounting they should list the weight of the suppressor without a mount in stalled and the weight of some of the optional mounting systems including any mounting systems the suppressor ships with.

If they have it listed with a mount in other places, I'd like to think that it is an honest mistake and not intentionally false advertising as stated above.

Last I heard, KGM shut off civilian sales. They are only selling to government contracts.

My advice to the OP is go and shoot it. You've probably waited nearly a year for the paperwork to come back. Go enjoy the suppressor you have waited for. I've heard great things about their suppressors and I know quite a few people are really bummed that they are no longer selling to civilians.

If 2 ounces is a deal breaker, go back to whomever you purchased it from and ask if they will allow you to return it.

Clearly it looks like KGM put the weight without the mount on their site. Looking on their site, I don't see where they say a mount is included. I would agree that they should list a weight with what is required to shoot the suppressor. If there are multiple options for mounting they should list the weight of the suppressor without a mount in stalled and the weight of some of the optional mounting systems including any mounting systems the suppressor ships with.

If they have it listed with a mount in other places, I'd like to think that it is an honest mistake and not intentionally false advertising as stated above.

Last I heard, KGM shut off civilian sales. They are only selling to government contracts.

My advice to the OP is go and shoot it. You've probably waited nearly a year for the paperwork to come back. Go enjoy the suppressor you have waited for. I've heard great things about their suppressors and I know quite a few people are really bummed that they are no longer selling to civilians.

If 2 ounces is a deal breaker, go back to whomever you purchased it from and ask if they will allow you to return it.
The screen shot I posted is from the link you posted. Hit the specs link. It clearly says (WITH direct thread) after weight and length.

Also, as I've already said my main reason was to let other people know. Hard to believe it's an honest mistake when everyone of their advertisements over the years list the same specs.

Last edited:
Reactions: PRDRIVER
So if you remove the direct thread mount from the suppressor does the weight match (+/- an acceptable margin of error) the listed weight?

Reactions: Schütze
The screen shot I posted is from the link you posted. Hit the specs link.
Didn't see the link for the spec at first.

That indeed does say it includes a direct mount.

If the suppressor weighs 7.9 oz without the mount, I'd be inclined to believe that it was a mistake on their end.

What do you want at this point?

KGM isn't selling to civilians any longer. They probably don't care much for the civi market at this point.

If 2 oz is a deal breaker, ask to take it back. See if you can get a credit for your tax stamp. If it's not a deal breaker, I'd ask KGM to correct their website and go shoot the suppressor that you've waited for.

So if you remove the direct thread mount from the suppressor does the weight match (+/- an acceptable margin of error) the listed weight?
That's been said already
Didn't see the link for the spec at first.

That indeed does say it includes a direct mount.

If the suppressor weighs 7.9 oz without the mount, I'd be inclined to believe that it was a mistake on their end.

What do you want at this point?

KGM isn't selling to civilians any longer. They probably don't care much for the civi market at this point.

If 2 oz is a deal breaker, ask to take it back. See if you can get a credit for your tax stamp. If it's not a deal breaker, I'd ask KGM to correct their website and go shoot the suppressor that you've waited for.
I also addressed this earlier and edited the post replying to you.

I'll make this clear. I don't want free shit, I don't want a refund, I don't want anything from KGM other than to honor their warranty should I need it. I simply wanted to make others aware and to point out that (unless their marketing and company communication is blatantly incompetent) the specifications error seems to be intentional to make it seem more competitive in it's class of suppressor.

I dont understand how a person could cry and lose so much sleep over 2oz. Just shoot the damn thing and move on. People like to get hung up on small shit. People like this would drown in a glass of water.

No one over payed for their suppressor.....and it's made out of titanium like they asked for.

As for your 1/4 pounder......they don't actually weigh a 1/4 pound lol

You should sue for false advertising

Also, before you find out....2x4s aren't actually 2x4

Seriously, this all amounts to a Karen looking for problems that don't exist, then bitching when they find problems that don't exist.

The 1/4 pounder is the before cooking weight.

I think they are 4oz now...😜🤪🤪

I dont understand how a person could cry and lose so much sleep over 2oz. Just shoot the damn thing and move on. People like to get hung up on small shit. People like this would drown in a glass of water.
I sometimes forget how many knuckle draggers roam SH... I'll try to explain to the simpletons but I'm sure anything more than microwave instructions will be too complicated for most of you to understand.

As far as the "2oz" goes there is a major difference between application and advertising. In application 2 oz would be hardly noticeable in most circumstances. I can agree with that.

In advertising it makes a difference in choosing a new suppressor. So in my specific circumstance I was looking at multiple suppressors. The main 2 were the Ecco Accipiter Ti and the R6 for a lightweight AR.

The Accipiter is 7.5 oz without a mount(as advertised). The R6 is advertised as 7.9 oz with the direct thread. Again I will agree 2oz might not very noticeable but since they are similar in price and most mounts are around 2 oz or more I figured why not try KGM and get the "lighter" can. If not for KGMs false advertising I would have more than likely gone with the Ecco. Essentially KGMs false advertising stole a sale from Ecco machine. I don't know about most of you buy I'd rather send my money to a honest company. Lesson learned.

If the "It's only 2 oz blah blah blah crowd" can't understand why that's a problem I can't help you.

The “2 oz blah blah blah crowd “ understands you better than you will ever grasp Karen.
Now up to the gym, I’ve to develop some more muscle to be able to carry my R6 around when it comes out of jail one of these days.

The “2 oz blah blah blah crowd “ understands you better than you will ever grasp Karen.
Now up to the gym, I’ve to develop some more muscle to be able to carry my R6 around when it comes out of jail one of these days.
Why hit the gym when you can just cut the end off. Hell I bet you can find 3 or 4 oz of weight savings.

• Haha
Reactions: Schütze
Interesting about the actual vs advertised weight difference. I’ve got an R30K and another R30 in jail. Agree that 2 ounces would seem negligible on a rifle, but if KGM would have advertised the weight as 7.9 ounces +/- 25%, I bet people would be more concerned.

Reactions: PRDRIVER