• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kimber 8400 Advance Tactical Barrel?

neoncabbit

Private
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2007
Adairsville, Georgia
Does anyone know what the exact barrel dimensions and type of contour this rifles barrel has on it. I was thinking about looking into one. I can't find the info on the net so I was wondering if anyone on here owns one they can tell me about or possibly do a quick measure?

Re: Kimber 8400 Advance Tactical Barrel?

I guess the advertised 'Custom sporter contour' doesn't tell you much. Barrel diameter at the muzzle measures 0.749in. Can't really get the calipers in under the scope, but seems to be around 1.20in.

I think its in the .750 range, I have shot the 308 version alot and a friend that owns it and I both got 300WM's waited 15 months for them. but since I am here and it is there, couldnt help you.

308 is 4 grove 300WM is 6grove

I am sure its close to the Remington Sendero contour , might be a little smaller diameter, the difference is up by the chamber.

best pic I have showing somewhat the barrel contour
Kimber_AT.JPG