• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kimber Advanced Tactical 300WM,

Kells81

Slacker
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 15, 2006
    Granbury TX
    About 16 months ago I noticed kimber was offering the Advanced Tactical in 300WM, so called my dealer and had him order one for myself and a friend. 15 months later they show up. This is as good as it gets with mine till I head home on R&R, he will probably start running rounds out of his and I can just cheat off his load work.

He owns the 308 version, It was one of the first AT's off the kimber line, It had the trouble with the bedding and how it was done. I am told kimber has fixed that by adding a step to their process. after re-bedding the rifle Its a solid 1/2" gun.

This is my 4th kimber, the other 3 haven't shot over 1" with factory and are very good with hand-loads.

Worth 15 months? not sure, but god I hope so. I feel empty now and I feel the need to order a GAP to fill that emptiness.

I have not seen a 300WM on GB, or anywhere else, My FFL ordered 3 of these and we took 2, has one on his shelf. This is possibly the first AT 300 on the hide, looks the same as the 308, question is will it shoot the same as the 308?

Was going to order the Tan MK4 for it, but its only avail in the 3.5-10x or whatever so I think I am gonna have to do a custom shop VX3 to get the 8-25 in tan.

And at this point most of y'all are closer to shooting this thing than I am mileage wise anyway,
    Kimber_AT_2_.JPG

Kimber_AT.JPG

I know alot of people here think there is a better way to spend the $2200 and time, but its only money and I have nothing but time here in the sandbox.

Re: Kimber Advanced Tactical 300WM,

It's pretty! =) Congrats on your purchase. I'm sure you'll be happy with it. I wonder how it compares to a factory 5R.

Re: Kimber Advanced Tactical 300WM,

not sure that would be a fair comparison, almost like apples and oranges.

hell the 5r is like 1k, the AT's run from 2100+ depending on who is selling them, thats just in the 308 variety

5r 1000
    decent trigger 150
    A5 adj stock $750 +/-
    20 MOA rail $100ish
    your up to 2k there just to get it near the same options.

the upside is you could get a DBM setup with the remy while setting it up, maybe CDI will make a couple 8400 DBM's
    smile.gif