• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors kimber eclipse?

athanasios23

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2009
New York, USA
can anyone with hands on experience with the kimber eclipse give me the pros and cons, likes and dislikes of the pistol...looking to pick up a eclipse custom or target....and would a cusotm covert be worth the extra cash?

Re: kimber eclipse?

Not sure if it's worth the extra cash to you but I have a Custom Covert and I love it. It isn't really going to shoot any different for the extra $$, you just get a carry melt, tactical wedge sights and crimson trace grips. Though you give up it being stainless and a full length guide rod. If those things are worth the extra money, then by all means go for it.

My Eclipse Pro Target shoots great. Honestly, the only thing I don't like about it is the funky little pin you have to put in the guide rod before you disassemble the pistol. Sucks if you wanted to clean it while you were at the range and forgot to bring that little pecker! Been there, done that!

I had an eclipse target II for the longest time and a lot of prairie dogs died because of it. I put around 3K rounds through it before any issues and what happened was the adjustable rear sight blade broke in half. Sent it in to Kimber and it was replaced in a weeks time.

chuck

my main carry side arm was a Springfield Gov but sold it 2 days ago for more than I had paid. So my Kimber Eclipse 11 came out of retirement and is back doing duty as a carry gun.I have always liked my Kimber but due to its price I have babied it but shoots great.If its what you want go for it its a solid 1911 I have no regrets on my buying one.I sold my Gov to buy a FN USG Tactical;

Re: Kimber eclipse?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ath23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks for the info guys...seems like everyone likes it....havent herd anything bad about it so far </div></div>

All Kimbers start off as the same pistol and are then modified etc to meet the specific model features. What do you plan to do with it? if you are going to carry it, I would suggest another gun that has night sights and an ambi safety.

I have shot one of these several times and they are for the most part like every other Kimber I have owned or shot. You should enjoy owning it and shooting it IMHO.

Changing sights and fitting an ambi safety is easy and not a reason to change to another model.

I would not buy any series II Kimber, so unless we're talking about a gun that is at least 8-9 years old, consider this post irrelevant.

Also, I don't recommend a rear night sight even on a carry gun. I find anything on the rear sight to be a major distraction.

I have one the original Custom Shop Pro Eclipse II.
When the Eclipse first came out it was custom shop only. It's official name was " Pro Eclipse II" It was so popular it went from custom shop to regular catalog item and the name changed to " Eclipse Pro":
PA150030.jpg

"PRO ECLIPSE II (2001): 2207 produced. Stainless steel frame and slide, 4&#8243; barrel, black oxide finish brush polished on the flats,30 LPI front strap checkering, fixed three dot night sights, laminated gray grips, ambidextrous safety. Serial sequence begins with KRE. 35 oz. MSR: $1065"

I love this pistol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckeye Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like mine. Some people prefer ambi but I have no need for that being right handed. </div></div>

It's good for weak hand only shooting, that's about all I use mine for.