• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Kimber pro Carry II..hope it's a good one..

vikz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2007
just moved
Hello fellas !! I used to own a Kimber pro carry (2yrs ago) I was not that impress with it , so I'm hoping this one will be different, I was able to try it today just 1 box of wolf(thats the only thing i can find) and so far so good had 2 premature slide locking open with ammo still in the mags,1st one with the mag that came with it and the other one was when i was using my dan wesson's mags which i think is wilson mags, it seems like it is shooting very low, I was using a 12'oclock aim and still my shots where low from POA, maybe its the ammo?? If i can find a decent ammo i can find out , so hopefully next time it will better..P.S on the slide opening maybe my thumb moved the slide stop??maybe..anyway here it is..

procarryII001.jpg

procarryII002.jpg

procarryII003.jpg

procarryII004.jpg

procarryII006.jpg

Re: Kimber pro Carry II..hope it's a good one..

I think the only difference between this one and your 1st is the safety design...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vikz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello fellas !! I used to own a Kimber pro carry (2yrs ago) I was not that impress with it , so I'm hoping this one will be different, I was able to try it today just 1 box of wolf(thats the only thing i can find) and so far so good had 2 premature slide locking open with ammo still in the mags,1st one with the mag that came with it and the other one was when i was using my dan wesson's mags which i think is wilson mags, it seems like it is shooting very low, I was using a 12'oclock aim and still my shots where low from POA, maybe its the ammo?? If i can find a decent ammo i can find out , so hopefully next time it will better..P.S on the slide opening maybe my thumb moved the slide stop??maybe..anyway here it is..

procarryII001.jpg

procarryII002.jpg

procarryII003.jpg

procarryII004.jpg

procarryII006.jpg

</div></div>

nice gun

I love my kimber warrior

did you shoot from a rest ?
wolf ammo sucks to test for accuracy
if you did not shoot from a rest it looks like it may be you pulling the shots some all low left

Yeah, I wouldn't judge the accuracy of that pistol based on the ammo, or the grouping. If you had a nice, tight group that was down and left, that would be one thing. But it looks like you're anticipating the recoil and compensating for it. Are you a right handed shooter? It looks like you may be pushing the trigger to the left a bit on the squeeze.

If you really want to see how it shoots, get a rest and go from there. Nine times out of ten, pistols shoot way more accurately than the people holding them. It's not the bow, it's the indian.

Wolf ammo is just as accurate as any other. You're just flinching.

Your pulling the triger and not squeezing it. Get some snap caps and start dry firing at home. Start Practising to have your sights not move when the triger breaks. A good trick to get realy percise is to try and lay a penny on the front sight and try to dry fire it with out it falling off.

As for the slide lock you ARE htting it with your thumb. start practising difrent grips to develope a style that keeps your thumbs away from the slide lock and the mag release. Do you shoot thumbs forward?

Thumb should be on top of the safety.

I've got this gun and I love the weight of it...nice and light...suggest you replace the sites with the night sites. My pro carry II was a tack driver out of the box. Keep running it.

Try a stiffer main spring , and you can drill the slide stop where the pin touches to prevent the slide stop from jumping up