• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

King of 2 Mile Picture Thread

Tom, did you run the Hornady app with the G1 drag? May I ask why the reason for two drag models? Thanks in advance for your reply.
I played with it but mostly ran everything off SHOOTER. He was getting higher MV and spin on the bullet and the BC seemed to hold true to longer ranges than mine. I ran 3 different BC's on mine just to get our field data to match our predictions.

Reactions: LastShot300
Dang 1st place winner was using a Bushnell XRSII, I would have expected a higher end optic.
The new line-up from Bushnell is pretty impressive. They are willing to make scopes to compete at all levels and now that includes the top end. I ran NF on all my rifles for years and while they are great scopes most all my rifles wear Bushnells on them now. I've used them and I don't baby them and I've never had one issue with any of them. The glass quality in the XRS2 and the DMR2 PRO is worth looking into. With the std ELITE TAC line-up their mechanical tracking was always respected but the glass quality wasn't there. Now, it's "there".

Hi,

@RobertB

Thank you for the clarification on the software your Team used. I see the precision rifle blog article has been corrected as well.
Some social media sites are stating you all used a different software, so Thank you for direct clarification.

Great job done by you and your Team.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Reactions: LastShot300
I played with it but mostly ran everything off SHOOTER. He was getting higher MV and spin on the bullet and the BC seemed to hold true to longer ranges than mine. I ran 3 different BC's on mine just to get our field data to match our predictions.
Robert thanks for the clarifications. Crystal clear(y)

Robert

Good shooting, to bad we couldn’t of visited a little more the night before at the cabin my ride was leaving - some can’t behave after a few beers I guess but it was good to catch up with you and Tom. I had a little vertical going on Wed. on the 2728 target not sure if it was a updraft or the load we still had a great week. Sometime you will have to pm on how Tom was sorting your rounds :)

Congrats from the WI crew
JH

oneshot.onehit

Givinig the old Coriolis and Spin Drift discussions that we had lately, I wonder how you guys felt about these two during the finals when engaging the farthest targets? Were they accounted for or not?

Didn’t really read or get evolved in those discussions, but in regards to the shoot and having a very limited amount of shot opportunities and time with the size of targets and the distance we had both functions active in our corrections while running Field Firing Solutions and Cold Bore.

Oneshot.onehit
JH