• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Kittery

96C

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 9, 2007
    Aust
    Evolution continues as per normal...
    Things get lighter but more complex. This is my personal field shooting kitup as it sit's currently.

Trying to cut back on stupid shit and focus on the things we actually use.

Where we shoot / hunt it's all very hilly so it helps having a chest rig and pack to stay on your feet. TYR Tactical make a gucci looking light foam padded pouch that holds the kestrel / data card / LRF in the one place. Looking to consolidate a few things further but this works well for most day shoots. If we're heading out for anything more serious I've got an Eberlestock G4 which has it's good and not so good points.

Have a good weekend men,
    J

Re: Kittery

28 pounds (13kg) for both there, not so bad

Looks pretty well thought out.

Any chance you could put together a bit of a list of what you have there? You have given me some ideas.

Cheers for sharing mate

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sleeman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks pretty well thought out.

Any chance you could put together a bit of a list of what you have there? You have given me some ideas.

Cheers for sharing mate </div></div>

x2!!!! thats an awesome setup!

Thanks chaps, I'm looking into the FDAC to get rid of the itouch / bullet flight combo, no batteries is a good thing.

In the chest rig (all SORD):
    20rnd ammo wallet
    swarovski laser guide LRF + spare battery + clip sheath
    PRS LRF plate for tripod
    Leatherman MUT multitool
    Silva 54/6400B compass + cover
    Garmin GPS60CX GPS
    Kestrel 4500NV
    Mildot Master
    Ipod Touch 16gb + KAC Bullet Flight
    Triad Tactical angled rear bag
    Mechanix gloves
    FFD field dressing
    SORD Mariner knife

In pack:
    Eagle Yote type pack
    20rnd ammo wallet
    Peltor muffs
    E&E survival kit
    1/2" tube tape
    550 cord
    cam paint
    cyalume sticks red/green
    Pelican 1020 - camera Olympus UTough
    Petzl Tactikka XP headlamp + spare AAA's taped to strap
    Cleaning kit complete
    Poo tickets
    Sanitary towlet jobs
    Wisp tooth brush jobs
    Surefire EP3 Ear plugs
    Electrical tape
    Elastoplast tape
    Fire flint
    Knife sharpener
    Spare AA batteries
    bagged Note pad / pen
    1L water bottle
    PRS Medium SSP2 tripod
    Bush hat
    Sling + dope card
    Leaf suit top
    Medical trauma kit (NPA, CAT, israeli 4", gloves, shears, tape)
    Uniden UHF radio + hand mic + ear piece
    under armour light weight racing beanie
    scrim net for rifle cover

Hope that helps...

I know Australia has some isolated areas, but Wow! That sure beats rifle-in-one-hand and Starbucks-in-the-other, which is how I roll (of late).
    laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: furtaker_.223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So on a hunting expo, do you wear your chest rig? I had thought about it on a hunting trip to where we are going to be walking for a long bit. </div></div>

I dont know about the OP. But I do. Myne is not that elaborate but i just have a standard LBV (zip up front) with a hydration pack, and some other essentials. People dog on me for it, but after walking 15+ miles looking for game, im usually the one laughing when we get back to the truck because my gear was loaded out in comfort. not in pockets
    cool.gif

KFC = toilet paper or u can use them for a APC (armpits and crutch) wash... Not one after the other of course...

Looks like a few short sections of scrim wrapped around and torn up a bit. The same netting that his pack contents are spread out on.

96C, I just got a Manners T4A and an ATLAS for my Tikka T3, just waiting on bottom metal before I get to have a play. My kit is slowly resembling yours more and more by the day. Thanks again for posting this up.