• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing KMW Loggerhead on McM A3 by Stockdoc

Lexington

Just Some Guy
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2005
Spotsylvania, Virginia
Up until recently I owned two FN SPR. One was in a McMillan A4 stock and the other in an A3. The A4 had a saddle-type cheek piece and it kept slipping during the course of shooting. Its inadequacy for me became evident when I took a long range shooting class this summer at CVT Tactical with Ed Shell.

Not only was the cheek piece on the A4 unreliable in the true sense, but the flat bottom of the butt hook stock didn't allow much leeway with the sand bag. Move the bag a little fore or a little aft, and the elevation didn't change much.

So, I have decided the simpler A3 stock is best for me. The sloped underside of the buttstock is a ramp that gives more adjustment with a sandbag set under it. And for a bomb-proof cheek piece I had Hide member 'stockdoc' install a KMW Loggerhead. His work is great and I am happy with my new setup. I think it screams "practical!". Now I just need more range time.

Stockdoc003small.jpg

Stockdoc004small.jpg

Re: KMW Loggerhead on McM A3 by Stockdoc

Looks awesome. I was considering doing the same with my a3 but I just got a triad stock pack instead.

I like the setup and feel of the A3 also but never considered it due to no adj. cheekpiece! How long ago did stockdoc install that and do you know if he still does? Looks real nice!

Mr 45 i just returned that to lexington about a week ago. Still doing these for customers. Pm me for info

How does it look when it's closed?

That looks awesome.

I hope I can have stockdoc to an A3 for me when I can get ahead of this crappy economy.

I just sent him my Manners GAT w/ mini Chassis yesterday since they don't offer it as an option on that model. So far Stock Doc has been great to deal with even going the extra mile of contacting me when he got more hardware in even though we hadn't had correspondence in a while and answering all my emails and question promptly. I look forward to seeing his great work

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FamilyMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just sent him my Manners GAT w/ mini Chassis yesterday since they don't offer it as an option on that model. So far Stock Doc has been great to deal with even going the extra mile of contacting me when he got more hardware in even though we hadn't had correspondence in a while and answering all my emails and question promptly. I look forward to seeing his great work</div></div>

This has been my experience as well, Joe is great to deal with! I have a Manners T4 there right now.

Special del, just did second stage fill on yours. Should be ready for the mill tomorrow

Family man, got yours today. Will cut/fill tomorrow