• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Knee jerk reactions from our legislators

Foul Mike

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2001
Eastern Colorado
Here in Colorado there is a bill in the State Senate with all kinds of shit limiting what the Police can and cannot do and I am reading of other similar bills and laws in other areas.

Some of it I agree with but some things I fear they have gone too far with little to no thought as to how this will play out in the end.

To all of you many LEOs on this site, I would not want to be in your shoes now, but I was never geared quite right to be there in the first place and I know that. That is why I spent my working life as a mechanic and weldor.

Is there room for improvement and the police policing their own ranks? Making sure they hire the right, qualified people and making a way to get rid of those that don't fit in? Hell yes, and I have been a proponent of that for a long time.

However, some of these laws being proposed go way beyond that to the point that I would have to wonder,"Who, in their right mind, would sign up for a bin of shit such as this?"

I fear we will lose a lot of good LEOs and I know of several that are just counting the days until they can retire and get out and are hoping they can last it out.

Who or what is going to replace them? I don't think our legislators are capable of think that far ahead and their knees are jerking now. FM

They will bend that knee for the votes needed to stay in office regardless of the out come...You know they have to keep up the fake "I CARE" position

Reactions: diverdon
Wade, I am not good enough with these computers to give an example but you can go on 9 News Denver and get the gist of what they are trying to do.
Someday I hope to learn how to do this Link shit and post pictures but I am not there yet but I am trying.
I think a Google search of Police reform laws being proposed around the country would do it for you. FM

Reactions: Ravenworks
If they pass it, they will reap as they sow.

The consequences will not be desirable; but bubble heads have nothing in their heads that will allow them to see that.

The main thing they sow is the speed of their demise. They will hang upon their own petards.

"Hoist with his own petard" is a phrase from a speech in William Shakespeare's play Hamlet that has become proverbial. The phrase's meaning is literally that a bomb-maker is blown up ("hoist" off the ground) by his own bomb (a "petard" is a small explosive device), and indicates an ironic reversal, or poetic justice.

The problem with a dumb electorate (dumb because they are spoon fed with lies and omissions) is that they get as they are trained to demand; but never get what they need or deserve.

...For a time...

Patience...

Greg

Here in Colorado there is a bill in the State Senate with all kinds of shit limiting what the Police can and cannot do and I am reading of other similar bills and laws in other areas.

Some of it I agree with but some things I fear they have gone too far with little to no thought as to how this will play out in the end.

To all of you many LEOs on this site, I would not want to be in your shoes now, but I was never geared quite right to be there in the first place and I know that. That is why I spent my working life as a mechanic and weldor.

Is there room for improvement and the police policing their own ranks? Making sure they hire the right, qualified people and making a way to get rid of those that don't fit in? Hell yes, and I have been a proponent of that for a long time.

However, some of these laws being proposed go way beyond that to the point that I would have to wonder,"Who, in their right mind, would sign up for a bin of shit such as this?"

I fear we will lose a lot of good LEOs and I know of several that are just counting the days until they can retire and get out and are hoping they can last it out.

Who or what is going to replace them? I don't think our legislators are capable of think that far ahead and their knees are jerking now. FM
I'm sure your son is counting his days for sure now.

• Love
Reactions: Foul Mike
MTN I don't understand what you meant. Nothing is above me but God.

I was hoping to get some discussion going on as to how various legislators from various places are doing their best to "Scotch Hobble" our LEOs.

I am not looking for a fight but if you have one," Bring It." It won't be the first fight I have been in and it won't be the last. FM

I have an excellent idea...before anyone can run for public office, they must serve two years as a patrol officer on a police force.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
How long before failed states like California allow cooperations like Amazon and Apple take over law enforcement duties and decide what’s law and what isn’t?

How long before failed states like California allow cooperations like Amazon and Apple take over law enforcement duties and decide what’s law and what isn’t?

You mean corporations?

giphy.gif

I think you are right. Legislation that's in response to one event is almost always poorly drafted, over-reacting, and ends up being regretted, and often modified/repealed in subsequent legislative sections. Lets hope most of this stalls out before being passed.

90% of it is reactive bullshit written by people who have no fucking clue about the actual issue.

Ironically, the issue is usually over/has been corrected before dumbfucks even pass the legislation that ends up either making the problem worse, or just fucking with everyone regardless if they were part of the problem or not.

If I could opt out, I would.

They don't realy care, the important part, looting of some 5trillion passed both houses and they are preparing a further 1 trillion package. Nancy and Mitch are puling of the greatest heist of the modern age. Why is anyone surprised at looting going on , the main street lost 30+mio jobs while close to 5 trillion was spent to keep wall street ,coke induced party going on ,stock market breaking bunch of records while FED held the bottom, the stupid checks that anyone was so upset with were peanuts ,less than 600 billion in the 5 trillion grift.

We should not abandon consequence for bad behavior.

By hamstringing LE under false pretense, that is what they are trying to do.

Don't want to get thumped, don't act up.
THIS^^^^^^right the F here! It's really just that simple. Mac

Thinking about this I do believe that LE has failed at policing their own ranks and they have had time to do it but chose to lower their minimums and persue diversity and it ain't working out too well for all involved and that is ALL of us.

Police your own ranks and file and if you fail to do that it will be done for you and you will not like that and the ball was in your court.

Unfortunately I think we will all suffer for it.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Thinking about this I do believe that LE has failed at policing their own ranks and they have had time to do it but chose to lower their minimums and persue diversity and it ain't working out too well for all involved and that is ALL of us.

Police your own ranks and file and if you fail to do that it will be done for you and you will not like that and the ball was in your court.

Unfortunately I think we will all suffer for it.

Police for the most part don't get to set the standards.....the legislature does.

They got what they wanted with none of the blame.

This seems to be SOP anymore. I can't see it getting any better for the men and women in blue. I live in Maryland and since Freddie Gray, Baltimore City has averaged a deficit of about 300 officers. I look for it to get worse all over the country before it gets better.

They don't realy care, the important part, looting of some 5trillion passed both houses and they are preparing a further 1 trillion package. Nancy and Mitch are puling of the greatest heist of the modern age. Why is anyone surprised at looting going on , the main street lost 30+mio jobs while close to 5 trillion was spent to keep wall street ,coke induced party going on ,stock market breaking bunch of records while FED held the bottom, the stupid checks that anyone was so upset with were peanuts ,less than 600 billion in the 5 trillion grift.
I mean turn FDR forced everyone to turn in gold at $20 per oz, could get 10 years in jail if they didn’t turn in. Then a year later raised the price to $35/oz. built Ft Knox with those tax payer dollars to hoard his giant theft.

This heist this time around was an even bigger fuck you. Hundreds of millions going to random ass programs that have nothing to do with jump starting the economy or even floating it. People who even got a check getting all excited about basically getting their money back

On this morning's News on all Denver channels, the Libtard, Whackotards are now wanting to eject the School resource Officers from DPD that now stand watch and guard over the schools because they wanted some kind of protection should a school shooting go down.

WTF, they bitched because there were no Police in the schools before when shootings and violent attacks went down so DPD put them in there and things went along fine.

Now they want them gone because they fear a Police Officer at the school may make their "babies" feel uncomfortable?

Which rock do you want to step on, Libtard? One year you want them then when this shit goes down you want them gone?

What makes me really uncomfortable is the fact that these Citiidiots control this State with the massive numbers of them that have moved here onto the Front Range- City corridor and they now control how the votes go with their vast numbers but the conservative people on the Plains and the Western Slope get to go pound sand. And, the cocksuckers moved here to escape where they lived before but have turned the State into"How it was where I came from."

I can't believe how knee-jerk this whole bin of shit has become. FM

Never let a crisis go to waste. The right time for change is the emotional time. If you can strike the iron while it is hot, then it is much more malleable. Seize the power, control the conversation, yada, yada, yada....

Communist playbook, reality version.

• Love
Reactions: Foul Mike