• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

kowa 82sv

308 5R

Private
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2008
North Carolina
looking for anyone with some hands on time with one of these. Heading to the ghan soon and looking for a good spotter. I am currently looking at other kowa's and found this one. I like the price but have not physically been able to look thru one. The only kowa i have looked thru is an older 881. any info would be appreciated. Just looking for something with comparable optical quality, and obviously ability to spot trace. thanks.

Ryan
USMC

Re: kowa 82sv

Call Scott at Liberty Optics. He'll give you the honest scoop on alot of models, without bullshitting you and set you up at a good price.

Can't speak personally to the Kowa 82SV. I did look at it though. It does not have ED glass, which if you are looking for a quality spotter, I'd put having ED glass up there on my list.

For the same money as the smaller Kowa's with ED glass, plus the cost of the separate eye piece, you may want to look at the Vortex Razor. Alot of scope for the money and a 100% no BS warranty. If I were getting a scope to take to the sand box, I'd really lean towards Vortex. If it breaks, they'll fix or replace it for just about any reason, even if it's your fault - within reason of course.

Buy the best you can afford, and you'll be ahead in the long run. Call Scott, he'll take care of you and answer your questions.

Good luck and thanks for your service. Stay safe over there.