• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG-B with Bighorn Origin question

KYAggie

Private
Minuteman
  • Oct 2, 2014
    Kentucky
    I was putting together my first bolt action rifle build this weekend; surprising how easy it is. The main components are a Bighorn Origin short action, KRG-B stock, and a PVA 6.5 Creedmoor barrel. I noticed after assembly that the bolt will not completely close, just barely, and it’s hitting on the stock cutout for the bolt as you can see in the picture. Have any of you see this before? I was unable to find any threads or google info. I can easily modify the port with a dremel and a sanding drum, but I just wanted to see if this is a common thing to run into with this stock.

Thanks!

C964064F-2CCD-4862-B6B4-F7562852215F.jpeg
    4A1170BA-E949-44C6-8E27-E346F3CCCD78.jpeg

my origin and bravo have slight contact after adding a 419 bolt knob; doesn't effect function so I haven't done anything about it.

I was putting together my first bolt action rifle build this weekend; surprising how easy it is. The main components are a Bighorn Origin short action, KRG-B stock, and a PVA 6.5 Creedmoor barrel. I noticed after assembly that the bolt will not completely close, just barely, and it’s hitting on the stock cutout for the bolt as you can see in the picture. Have any of you see this before? I was unable to find any threads or google info. I can easily modify the port with a dremel and a sanding drum, but I just wanted to see if this is a common thing to run into with this stock.

Thanks!

View attachment 8062840View attachment 8062841

What did you use to extend the bolt handle?

Oh boy I was afraid someone was going to ask about the extension. I ran across a thread on here where someone was making and selling them and I bought one, but that was months ago. I’ll try to find it.

Here ya go:

PM
    dolomite_supafly

Last edited:
    Reactions: Digetydog