• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Bravo Chassis

I just got an email. They will do an exchange if I pay the difference in price. Thanks Justin and KRG. I had no doubt they would be a stand up company.

That's great. I did not e-mail them yet but I will. Thanks for sharing.

Justin, I totally understand and I'm not in a hurry so I'll do my exchange after the holidays. Thank you for helping us out! Merry Christmas.

A few teething pains have cropped up with my Bravo LA with Whiskey backbone. First, the bolt cannot be fully cycled with the cheekpiece extended more than about 1/2”. There simply is not enough clearance when the riser is extended above the molded cutout for the bolt. The rear of the bolt hits the front edge of the riser. Second is the inability to use standard AI (non-CIP) magazines without the spacer. After a bit of research it looks like the CIP mags are Euro Standard and require a different dimension action than my Stiller Tac-300. (I could be wrong on this as LA’s are new to me.) It appears there might be a spacer that allows the “standard” AI mags to seat properly.

That aside, its a great match for the SA I have on my .308. It appears to be a pretty solid match for my needs. Anyone else run into this?

Hey guys, we're "closed" for the holidays and year end inventory for a few more days but still doing stuff behind the scenes. It is a busy time with holidays and SHOT so we appreciate your patience and we'll respond to emails and calls as soon as possible.

With the long action, that's just the problems of having a long bolt throw. If you have a Mcmillan style, the cheekpiece doesn't generally raise so you don't have that issue. If you find that you have to raise the cheekpiece that high, it may be worth seeing if you can go to lower rings. Alternatively you could take a little chunk out of the cheekpiece to clear the bolt shroud.

Regarding CIP mags, we went to the longer CIP magwell because everyone was asking for them when the long action chassis took the "standard" magnum length. We do have the mag spacer available.

Happy New Year,
Justin

Justin,

Thanks for the quick reply and follow up. My Eastern European cheekbones are partly to blame here. Ive always had to have a high riser. I’m in the process of adhering a couple layers of closed cell dense foam to the cheekpiece. This should give me sufficient rise while still allowing the bolt to fit into the molded cutout. I tossed the same questions on the FB page and was told the spacers should be back in stock soon. I gathering this should solve the issue then? I have some nice “standard” AI mags I’d like to utilize in lieu of dropping coin on new CIPs.

Great chassis by the way. I’ve been very pleased with the SA and tossed a couple spigot mounts on each when I fitted the LA. Thanks again for the info and support.

If I order a Bravo LA with the Whiskey backbone/recoil lug pocket, does that work with a Mausingfield LA? Even if I'm using a standard Savage prefit barrel and barrel nut? From the text on the webpage it seems like the barrel nut is gonna be too big to fit since I think it's OD is greater than 1.25" but I'm not sure. Would be good to know for all the guys using Remage setups too.

Even if I'm using a standard Savage prefit barrel and barrel nut? From the text on the webpage it seems like the barrel nut is gonna be too big to fit since I think it's OD is greater than 1.25" but I'm not sure. Would be good to know for all the guys using Remage setups too.

You could always try a lower profile barrel nut. Bighorn is coming out with some real slick designs.

https://bighornarms.com/zermatt-arms-inc-products

This thread sold me on the Bravo for my Bighorn TL-2 build and I will be ordering in the next couple of days.

I couldn't wait and ordered the Bravo. If I had waited they probably would have been sold out or discontinued with the option for my TL-2 knowing my luck :)

I'm seriously considering a Bravo for my Remington 700 Varmint in.308. Does anyone know if MDT's polymer mags work in it? As I have a few of these already.....

I'm seriously considering a Bravo for my Remington 700 Varmint in.308. Does anyone know if MDT's polymer mags work in it? As I have a few of these already.....

What part of "it accepts AICS-type magazines" do you not understand?

lol...here we go again :rolleyes:

nothing wrong with double checking. the magpul AICS type mags don't work with the tikkas in either the krg or manners, i forget which one, but there's a fitment issue, even though the magpuls are AICS type mags.

​​​​​​So you've tried every model of every manufacturer's AICS type mags, and they all feed and function flawlessly?

That's fantastic!

lol...here we go again :rolleyes:

nothing wrong with double checking. the magpul AICS type mags don't work with the tikkas in either the krg or manners, i forget which one, but there's a fitment issue, even though the magpuls are AICS type mags.

Magpul magazines do not work in Tikka actions without modification regardless of what stock the rifle is in.

You pay your money and you take your chances.

Magpul magazines do not work in Tikka actions without modification regardless of what stock the rifle is in.

You pay your money and you take your chances.

but you implied the other day that "aics-type" mags should work regardless. if people have something and they want to double check on fitment, why give the guy shit for a simple question? when the magpul mags came out, people had issues with tikkas, then the people came here and asked others if they had issues as well even though the magpul mags are "aics-type" and in theory should work. guess what? they don't.

stop shitting on people in every thread you reply to and provide useful info for fucks sake. if you don't have something intelligent to contribute, which you rarely do, please stop. you clutter up the threads spouting off trying to be witty and sarcastic and it annoys everyone. then the people that get annoyed fire back at you (i'm guilty) and the thread gets side tracked.

so, back on track. does anyone know if MDT poly mags work in the KRG magwell?

now that i think of it, TT123, send me a mdt mag or 2 and i'll try it out in my krg chassis and see if there is an issue and i'll send them back. PM me if interested. my total cost to help a guy out? maybe $6 in postage. big deal.

I'll save you the trouble.

My sample of two MDT plastic and one MDT steel magazine work just fine in a KRG 180-Xray. Meaning the latch and release correctly and come right up to the bottom of the action. Beyond that any feeding problems are not the fault of the chassis.

I use an MDT 223 plastic 10rd mag in my X-ray chassis and it works perfectly.

Last edited:
Reactions: nrspence
Asthetics question. Does the W-3 backbone in the 700 SA change the forend at all or is it the same?

Do you know if the standard backbone will work with the new Origin action?

Zermatt Arms New "Origin" Bolt Action Receiver

Will the Whiskey 3 Gen 5 forend be an option on the bravo in the future? I would like to have the builtin QD cups. If so, Sako green please.

FOREND WHISKEY-3 (POLYMER)

I got an email back from Bighorn about the standard backbone.

Brian,

We were made aware of the fit issues with the bravo chassis and will be implementing a change to ensure proper fitment.

Aaron Tritsch
Product Manager
ZAI / Bighorn Arms
402-782-2884
www.bighornarms.com
GetFileAttachment

You are correct it's not a Howa 1500, It's a LA105. They're calling the rifle the LA105 'WOOMERA'

http://www.lithgowarms.com/la-105-woomera/
Yeah that's a sweet ass rifle, from first appearances

The prototype Howa Bravo used the 180-xray front end, that's the FDE in the picture. What you're seeing there is not a built in QD cup. It's an indentation that holds a small M3 nut and an M3 bolt on the other side (one of the several bolt/nut pairs that hold the forearm together). The indentations are deep enough to allow the use of a QD sling swivel once you install a QD sling plate (that's what the smaller holes either side of the big hole are for).

The Woomera will come in, if memory serves, a hybrid chassis with a W-3 stock and a Xray front end with M-Lok slots.

Hey guys just FYI the Rem 700SA Bravos are back in stock in all colors including Sako Green. Thank you for your business!
Justin
Will dealers be carrying Sako Green? I see Brownells has the Bravo, but no Sako Green.

Will dealers be carrying Sako Green? I see Brownells has the Bravo, but no Sako Green.

Business 101: Retailers will not carry specialty items that are slow moving inventory

Business 102: Little manufacturers do not dictate to big retailers what they will or will not offer for sale

Business 101: Retailers will not carry specialty items that are slow moving inventory

Business 102: Little manufacturers do not dictate to big retailers what they will or will not offer for sale

The Sako Green colorway was a late addition, KRG would know what their dealers are ordering.

Forum 100: Don’t always need to be a dick.

Yeah that's a sweet ass rifle, from first appearances

The prototype Howa Bravo used the 180-xray front end, that's the FDE in the picture. What you're seeing there is not a built in QD cup. It's an indentation that holds a small M3 nut and an M3 bolt on the other side (one of the several bolt/nut pairs that hold the forearm together). The indentations are deep enough to allow the use of a QD sling swivel once you install a QD sling plate (that's what the smaller holes either side of the big hole are for).

The Woomera will come in, if memory serves, a hybrid chassis with a W-3 stock and a Xray front end with M-Lok slots.
Could be. However, based on the current (Gen 3) X-Ray install manual from the KRG site, the Woomera would appear to wearing a standard Gen 3 X-Ray chassis - basically the old X-Ray stock with the new forend from the Bravo.

Assuming that is the case - I am hoping that with the new full backbone chassis + forend developed for the Howa Bravo, that there will also soon be a KRG Gen 3 X-Ray available for the Howa? Please?

Last edited:
I am hoping that with the new full backbone chassis + forend developed for the Howa Bravo, that there will also soon be a KRG Gen 3 X-Ray available for the Howa? Please?
I was told by KRG that there won't be. The Howa 180-Xray chassis is being phased out and the Bravo will be the only inlet available for Howa in the future.

Things may change but that's what I was told about a month ago.

However, you can buy a Bravo and order an x-ray buttstock to replace the Bravo back end, basically making what you just described.

Hey fellas, we'll look into a simplified Spigot Mount, that's an interesting idea. What functions would you want to see as the core functions, just moving the bipod out and up toward the barrel?

We do not currently have plans for a Howa X-ray with the new backbone. If the demand is there we will do it as time allows but so far guys are really liking the Bravo back end.

It does look like Brownells will be picking up our full product line but I'm not 100% sure if that includes all colors like Sako Green.

The Whiskey-3 forend will fit the Bravo, you can order it off the website now. We do have Sako Green in the W-3 forend as well but I'm not sure if we've got that color on website options just yet. The old X-ray "minimalist" forend will also fit, as will the old W-3 aluminum forend, as does the new Enclosed Forend, for a Rem 700SA anyway.

The W-3 backbone in a Bravo doesn't change the forend, it's just different, more extensive machining done so it takes larger lugs and also the INVR mount

The Lithgow rifle LA105 will in production be in an X-ray gen 3 chassis. The change on the X-ray for the gen 3 is the new style forend that also comes on the Bravo that has the side and bottom MLOK slots.

Thank you guys for your business! Keep posting questions if you have them,
Justin

Last edited:
Hey fellas, we'll look into a simplified Spigot Mount, that's an interesting idea. What functions would you want to see as the core functions, just moving the bipod out and up toward the barrel?

I can only speak for myself, but want to mount an Atlas without the little bit of flex I get on the X-ray forend, and have the sling QD.

I bet they'd sell if priced below the current spigot.

If you could list the Whiskey 3 forend as a option in the Bravo selections that would be great. That would give me the built in QD's I'm after.

The spigot mount only needs to mount one of these. The more direct the better, but a 1913 rail would also work.

http://www.accu-shot.com/catalog_new/51-cal-atlas-bipods

I'm after a Sako Green Bravo with the standard backbone and whiskey 3 forend with the QD's.

I was told by KRG that there won't be. The Howa 180-Xray chassis is being phased out and the Bravo will be the only inlet available for Howa in the future.

Things may change but that's what I was told about a month ago.

However, you can buy a Bravo and order an x-ray buttstock to replace the Bravo back end, basically making what you just described.

I read in one of the threads on this that KRG will be adding a feature to their website that lets you customize your chassis directly on the website-so if that's the case you wouldn't be stuck with an extra back end

@Massoud

Any plans for a CZ 455 Bravo?

You make a CZ 455 chassis but the price and style of the Bravo would be a slam dunk :)

Reactions: PAYDIRT

We do not currently have plans for a Howa X-ray with the new backbone. If the demand is there we will do it as time allows but so far guys are really liking the Bravo back end.

It does look like Brownells will be picking up our full product line but I'm not 100% sure if that includes all colors like Sako Green.

The Whiskey-3 forend will fit the Bravo, you can order it off the website now. We do have Sako Green in the W-3 forend as well but I'm not sure if we've got that color on website options just yet. The old X-ray "minimalist" forend will also fit, as will the old W-3 aluminum forend, as does the new Enclosed Forend, for a Rem 700SA anyway.

The W-3 backbone in a Bravo doesn't change the forend, it's just different, more extensive machining done so it takes larger lugs and also the INVR mount

The Lithgow rifle LA105 will in production be in an X-ray gen 3 chassis. The change on the X-ray for the gen 3 is the new style forend that also comes on the Bravo that has the side and bottom MLOK slots.

Thank you guys for your business! Keep posting questions if you have them,
Justin
I just got my bravo in last week and I would love a less complex spigot mount for 3/4-1/2 the cost. I agree that the core function should be the bipod mount. I can mount a qd to the stock and that’s fine for me. My ideal solution would have the same overall dimensions and just a way to mount a picatinny and/or sling stud on the bottom of the mount.

I would say that a cheaper spigot would be nice but I have a gen2 X-ray and the current spigot allows me to put a flushcup on the front end because it’s not built in like the new foreends.

For anything more recent then, yeah, you’ll sell a lot more spigots at half the price.

I can only speak for myself, but want to mount an Atlas without the little bit of flex I get on the X-ray forend, and have the sling QD.

I bet they'd sell if priced below the current spigot.

Doesn’t the current spigot mount get you both of those?

Yep. It also has a bunch of additional mounting holes for other functions that I don't need, and all the machining makes it expensive to produce. I think a bare bones spigot like I describe could work in the KRG product line and would probably sell well if the price point was lower. I'm betting guys want it mostly for the bipod mount and could go without some of the more advanced features. Same philosophy as their Bravo and X-ray lines.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
I don’t think I would recommend dumping the current spigot all together, there may be a market for that. But I have absolutely no plans on mounting night vision, and I doubt most will. The holes on top the version now for the night vision cap are a waste for me. I could live with all the holes in the top and sides going away. I just want it for a bipod mount.

Reactions: bjay
I don’t think I would recommend dumping the current spigot all together, there may be a market for that. But I have absolutely no plans on mounting night vision, and I doubt most will. The holes on top the version now for the night vision cap are a waste for me. I could live with all the holes in the top and sides going away. I just want it for a bipod mount.
Right. And a basic spigot could be easy to tool up and manufacture, since you could just cut out the programmed machining sequences for the additional features. Who knows, maybe we will be able to buy this?

Reactions: JeffLebowski