• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Bravo for CTR that can take TRG/CTR mags?

Nice!

I begged for these awhile back and ended up going another route because they weren't around. But this is a good development for all of us Tikka-lovers.

I have been debating whether to get the CTR or the Tac A1. With the Bravo being available soon I think that availability will seal the deal. Thanks for all the info.

I have been debating whether to get the CTR or the Tac A1. With the Bravo being available soon I think that availability will seal the deal. Thanks for all the info.

I had exactly same thoughts but I found second hand CTR and now I love it. It just needs a new stock and it will be perfect!

D'oh, I should've read this thread. I just ordered the KRG Bravo that came in stock today on their site, and bought a set of AICS Mags... $77 each shipped for MDT Double Stack mags, and I got the $54 KRG 5 rounder.

I am hopeful the MDT Double Stack mags perform similarly to the CTR Mag.

They're coming fellas, I don't have a date for you but should be inside of 2 months. Thank you,
Justin

This is great news. I've wanted a Bravo for my T3 Varmint since they came out but have 3 CTR mags and like them much better than AICS mags. I will definitely be ordering one when available. Hopefully the Sako Green is available in the CTR configuration.

Reactions: littlepod
now please make a krg with 3,560 mags so we can use 6,5x55,rsaum and other cool kaliberes. mdt has a magasine ready for you guys. ore Lynx rifles makes a great magsine.

Reactions: Viking65
Glad I found this thread, I was about to pull the trigger on a GGS, but now I'll just wait.

Stupid question.not sure if this is the place to ask but Are TRG and Tikka mags interchangeable? I thought they were not.

Stupid question.not sure if this is the place to ask but Are TRG and Tikka mags interchangeable? I thought they were not.

They will both work in a CTR. The CTR specific mags won't work in the TRG. Answer your question?

Reactions: strat81

Tikka mags only work in the T3/Tx3
CTR mags only work in the CTR
TRG mags work in CTR and TRG
M995 mags only work in m995

Added notes: MDT AICS work in the CTR though it's a bit tight, however, they don't feed in the TRG and also get stuck requiring the chassis to be taken apart to remove :rolleyes:

I've also been able to get alpha mags to work fine in my CTR specific chassis.

Tikka mags only work in the T3/Tx3
CTR mags only work in the CTR
TRG mags work in CTR and TRG
M995 mags only work in m995

Added notes: MDT AICS work in the CTR though it's a bit tight, however, they don't feed in the TRG and also get stuck requiring the chassis to be taken apart to remove :rolleyes:
Thanks.
Seems kind of stupid to have 3 different mags when the TRG are supposed to be as reliable as any (limited experience with TRG). Wonder why they don’t just make two the TRG original and say a polymer (or other budget type).

The CTR is a TRG mag with a plastic bottom to prevent it from fitting in the TRG. So basically they do have 2 that are TRG mags, and one cheap polymer, they just made sure that the TRG crowd gets to pay full price

My 223 Varmint is in a Bravo and it's really grown on me. I like it as much as my Mcrees G10.

I am using Ruger mags for .223 and had to modify the feedlips to insert the mag. Even with the mod the lips are still thicker than a Magpul Pmag lips so I'm hoping the hold up.

I doubt anything made of plastic is going to survive the years and the sheer number of rounds that have been expended through these metal mags. Highly doubtful.

To say that Glock magazines are highly durable and get abused a hell of a lot more than any bolt rifle magazine ever will is an understatement.

I think plastic rifle magazines will be useful long after steel ones rust away to nothing.

Reactions: Stooxie
To say that Glock magazines are highly durable and get abused a hell of a lot more than any bolt rifle magazine ever will is an understatement.

I think plastic rifle magazines will be useful long after steel ones rust away to nothing.
Gonna have to disagree this one. Plastic becomes brittle with age and uv light. Steel does not.

Last edited:
I'm in, also. Would LOVE to see you guys make a Bravo that will accommodate long action cartridges for the T3/T3x, also (i.e. with TRG 300WM mags). I'd buy two. In addition to the CTR mag-compatible Bravo.

Last edited:
I'm in, also. Would LOVE to see you guys make a Bravo that will accommodate long action cartridges for the T3/T3x, also (i.e. with TRG 300WM mags). I'd buy two. In addition to the CTR mag-compatible Bravo.
Neat idea. I'm not an engineer, but I wonder if that could be accomplished with a universal inlet on the bottom of the stock, and then different adapters are used to accommodate AICS, CTR, and TRG-300WM mags.

Only one stock is manufactured. Just replace the bottom adapter to fit the mag system you want.

Reactions: Viking65
Neat idea. I'm not an engineer, but I wonder if that could be accomplished with a universal inlet on the bottom of the stock, and then different adapters are used to accommodate AICS, CTR, and TRG-300WM mags.

Only one stock is manufactured. Just replace the bottom adapter to fit the mag system you want.

That would make great sense if possible.

Would most likely end up wider than if it was all built in. Also if they did that only parts that were made for that would work. No reverse compatability.

Also depending on how broad existing patents are written. There have been similar things done for ARs

Hi Gents, yeah it would be nice to have a long action T3 but they didn't make the action long enough unfortunately. That's why you don't see any T3 LA chassis, there isn't a magazine short enough unless the shooter loads his rounds short.
Justin

Not that Jallen exists at this time.. but that was how their system worked as far as i was aware.

One chassis, but had separate parts for Long or short action.

The long action Tikka isnt the best, I am sure somebody has worked it out to handle the longer rounds better than factory.

Massoud - Would it be possible for interested members on this thread to receive a PM regarding availability of these stocks when they are anticipated to be released? This would be opposed to simply making a general announcement in a different thread, since some of us may not be scouring the new threads on a frequent basis.

So to be honest I just made an account to check the update on the KRG CTR bravo, Still running my 308 CTR T3x in the factory stock and holding out :) Just wanted to add to the interest of it all.

Reactions: clenhart