• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Bravo for CTR that can take TRG/CTR mags?

I don’t believe KRG has ever confirmed that they are actually going to make the Bravo for the CTR magazines.

You might be waiting a very long time…

It does not seem like there would be a lot of engineering involved seems like they could just make it to where you can swap your factory CTR bottom metal over to the bravo stock.

I don’t believe KRG has ever confirmed that they are actually going to make the Bravo for the CTR magazines.

You might be waiting a very long time…

It does not seem like there would be a lot of engineering involved seems like they could just make it to where you can swap your factory CTR bottom metal over to the bravo stock.

I thought this sounded a lot like a confirmation.

They're coming fellas, I don't have a date for you but should be inside of 2 months. Thank you,
Justin

I thought this sounded a lot like a confirmation.

I'd say it's just supply and demand. I bought my CTR in June. I knew it wasn't going to be out until maybe next year so I just bought the Bravo and the AICS magazine. Now I have an AICS platform that's compatible with like everything. CTR mags I do agree are nicer, but at the end, I guess depending on use case, using AICS mags helps build up more universal muscle memory.

I sold the bottom piece + ctr mag for $150, to recoup the cost of the Bravo + AICS mag. Wasn't a bad deal.

Reactions: Ranger Bob
So I emailed KRG and I got a pretty quick response.....

My question to KRG......

“I know you guys are probably tired of this question, but is there any release date for the bravo chassis that will take the Tikka CTR magazines? Also will you use the factory Tikka CTR bottom metal?“

KRG’S response......

“Hi Paul,

I’m sorry we don’t have an ETA for them at this time. The Bravo is a chassis system so there is no need for bottom metal - the mag release mechanism is built in.

Thank you,

-KRG”

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranger Bob
Just tagging Justin for confirmation. Sometimes things get lost in translation at the company store.

@Massoud

Well it's been far too long but it shouldn't be too much longer now, barring a catastrophe.

Also, no bottom metal is needed. These will come with the magwell and mag catch needed for the TRG mags. Some other good news is that these will come ready for the new backbone mounted NV cap for those that want that piece.

Thanks guys, I know it's been a long wait.
Justin

It's hard to believe that I started this thread almost 2 years ago now.

Time flies and I'll be ordering when it is available.

Reactions: Estes640
Well it's been far too long but it shouldn't be too much longer now, barring a catastrophe.

Also, no bottom metal is needed. These will come with the magwell and mag catch needed for the TRG mags. Some other good news is that these will come ready for the new backbone mounted NV cap for those that want that piece.

Thanks guys, I know it's been a long wait.
Justin
Just take my damn money already.......LOL

Reactions: 3.oh.Hate
@Massoud Is the only difference between the Tikka AICS Bravo and the new Tikka CTR Bravo the magazines I guess what I am asking is has any design or upgrades been put into this new Tikka CTR Bravo? Is it pretty much identical other than magazine acceptance?

I’m assuming you guys are still going to put out the aics version for the tikka? Hope so as I’m planning on picking up a bravo so I can run aics mags.

Would like to know if krg has plans to make the tikka take long action aics type mags

Well I picked up a Whiskey-3 during the blem sale so I won't be picking one of these up anymore. Can the Whiskey-3 be modified to accept ctr mags? I also picked up an accurate mag for now but ill hold on to the ctr mag for the time being.

I just ordered PSE composites E-tac4. It’s one sweet stock. It’s a bit more expensive but worth of it.

Hi guys, these should be ready for order at the end of this week, to ship next week after the Black Friday orders are cleared out.

You can modify a W-3 to use the CTR mag, it's the same procedure, make the magwell rectangular instead of tapered and then swap in our TRG mag catch.

We will continue to make the AICS mag version, the CTR is a limited run for now depending on how well it does. Thank you,
Justin

I hate to ask a tangential question, but I saw the request about TRG/CTR mags...are those interchangeable?

I hate to ask a tangential question, but I saw the request about TRG/CTR mags...are those interchangeable?
Yes, and no. TRG mags can be used in a CTR, but CTR mags will not fit in a TRG. (The CTR mag's large plastic base plate is too large/too high to fit in a TRG mag well)

My guess (and it's purely a guess) is that when Beretta won the Canadian Ranger rifle contract, they needed to supply a lot of mags. Mags that would have to be made cheaper, and also not impact their existing TRG accessory sales numbers. So, they made a mag with the same internal dimensions, but changed the external dimensions, using cheap plastic, to keep the two mag product lines separate. It also allowed them to move CTR mag production to Canada (which was required by the contract). End result: Won the Canada contract, and released the "CTR" model to the American public with a ready supply of magazines available.

Last edited:
Hi guys, these should be ready for order at the end of this week, to ship next week after the Black Friday orders are cleared out.

You can modify a W-3 to use the CTR mag, it's the same procedure, make the magwell rectangular instead of tapered and then swap in our TRG mag catch.

We will continue to make the AICS mag version, the CTR is a limited run for now depending on how well it does. Thank you,
Justin

It’s cool that this is gonna finally happen.

Reactions: 3.oh.Hate
Yes, and no. TRG mags can be used in a CTR, but CTR mags will not fit in a TRG. (The CTR mag's large plastic base plate is too large/too high to fit in a TRG mag well)

My guess (and it's purely a guess) is that when Beretta won the Canadian Ranger rifle contract, they needed to supply a lot of mags. Mags that would have to be made cheaper, and also not impact their existing TRG accessory sales numbers. So, they made a mag with the same internal dimensions, but changed the external dimensions, using cheap plastic, to keep the two mag product lines separate. It also allowed them to move CTR mag production to Canada (which was required by the contract). End result: Won the Canada contract, and released the "CTR" model to the American public with a ready supply of magazines available.

Thank you for that, and I figured there would be a problem for the TRG owners...no desire from Beretta to lower prices to a captive market. :oops:

Reactions: MarinePMI
I've been eagerly awaiting for KRG to come out with a T3X chassis that uses CTR/TRG mags. When this is available to order will it be announced or otherwise indicated on their website? I will most assuredly be in line to order one.

I heard rumor that TRG parts are more difficult to export from Finland due military use. That is why CTR mags will not fit to TRG so that they are easier to export. But this is far from sure fact.

Anyway I think that it might be possible to modify CTR mag to fit TRG. It just needs another bottom plate or maybe you could just shave off the rear part that goes over the rear of the mag itself.

Justin

Are they going to be available in all colors?

Are they going to be available in all colors?

Since the backbone and the mag latch are what is modified, I'd be hard pressed to believe that they wouldn't be available in whatever colors are available to be bolted on...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191206-181852.png
    Screenshot_20191206-181852.png
    878.7 KB · Views: 82
Yeah, I noticed that earlier so I came on here to ask. I waited for a little for a response but I'm an impatient fucker so I ordered a black one.

I really wanted Sako Green though.