• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG gen 4 Xray

I've considered buying one, and had the same thought. KRG makes a barricade stop that will mount to the chassis directly in front of the magwell:

aa-c02.jpg

The heavy can be mounted the same way, and is about twice as tall, but I'm not crazy about adding a steel weight that close to the mag.

I think a better solution would be to buy the Area419 Arca Barricade stop, since the Arca cut on the KRG forend goes almost to the front of the magwell. It's taller, anout 1 1/8" tall, angled the right direction, and has enough texture that it won't slip:

iu

IMG_20180816_170352.jpg

At least, that's what I'd do (and likely will).
Would be nice if it were heavy steel instead of aluminum to keep the weight. Also not quite convinced whether the angle on the Area 419 is an advantage, or a detriment to getting a stable position on all barricades and 1 1/8" height is a little short compared to the
1 11/16" I measure on my current set up with ARCA clamp. I guess I just prefer a beefier solution for a stabilization feature. What length bolts did you use to mount the KRG polymer barrier stop to the chassis in front of the mag well?

Last edited:
Would be nice if it were heavy steel instead of aluminum to keep the weight. Also not quite convinced whether the angle on the Area 419 is an advantage, or a detriment to getting a stable position on all barricades and 1 1/8" height is a little short compared to the
1 11/16" I measure on my current set up with ARCA clamp. I guess I just prefer a beefier solution for a stabilization feature. What length bolts did you use to mount the KRG polymer barrier stop to the chassis in front of the mag well?

That's a pic from KRG's website. I believe they ship the bolts with the barricade stop.

Reactions: SonicBurlap
Time to resurrect this thread - any updates after SHOT? I've been googling for a while now, and haven't found any pics/vids other than a side comment on TFB about KRG in general.