• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG New Products 2020 official...

The folder on my old Gen 5 W3 was a pretty decent design and didn't leave me wondering if it would fail. Not saying it couldn't or hasn't for some people. I just never experienced any problems with the folder.

The only "problems" I had with mine was with the mag catch. Sometimes, I couldnt get mags to seat and/or feed. Ive got a video somewhere with this problem at the start of a stage that Phil Velayo took of me. Finally got it squared away and finished the stage. Hopefully that has been addressed since that particular iteration of the W3.

Either way, I really like what KRG has done with the C4.

View attachment 7787600I’ve been lucky enough to run this C-4 chassis for most of this year. It’s absolutely outstanding. I love my W-3s, but this is a huge step up for a pure competition chassis. It’s balanced and weighted beautifully, has a ton of modularity to it, continues to use lots of the KRG accessories we already love, and has that wonderful KRG feel. I didn’t think I’d want the adjustable bag rider, but I find myself using it a ton. I won’t discuss other features yet… until they are announced, but there is a lot to love about this chassis!!!

I was always curious about adjustable bag riders... I don't have one but I also have never felt like I wanted to adjust mine. I set my fixed one at the height I wanted and left it there. Never felt like I'd adjust it during a stage.

How do you use it?

Has KRG introduced any sort of adjustable mag latch yet? I haven't shot one in a while. I had to file my ACC one down to get my AW mags to work, and XLR introduced an adjustable mag latch recently.

I was always curious about adjustable bag riders... I don't have one but I also have never felt like I wanted to adjust mine. I set my fixed one at the height I wanted and left it there. Never felt like I'd adjust it during a stage.

How do you use it?

Shooting at varying distances from an elevated position is 1 example that comes to mind. Close targets, the rear of the rifle needs to be elevated higher, then further distances, the rear needs to be lower.

Also, setting your bipod at the wrong height before a stage. It's easier and quicker to change the rear than reaching out to the bipod. I know of at least 5-6 stages that a quick adjust bag rider would have saved my ass.

If a stage is prone or modified prone, you would be able to use an actual rear bag on almost any of them. U will be less likely to have a hard time choosing what bag to use as rear support.

Shooting at varying distances from an elevated position is 1 example that comes to mind. Close targets, the rear of the rifle needs to be elevated higher, then further distances, the rear needs to be lower.

Also, setting your bipod at the wrong height before a stage. It's easier and quicker to change the rear than reaching out to the bipod. I know of at least 5-6 stages that a quick adjust bag rider would have saved my ass.

If a stage is prone or modified prone, you would be able to use an actual rear bag on almost any of them. U will be less likely to have a hard time choosing what bag to use as rear support.

Thanks for the response. Agree on quick change on the clock, that feature would've saved my ass a few times. Majority of my time I was taught that you always adjust the bipod, and the connection of the rear to your body is pretty constant at some optimal height off the ground. This of course is in a controlled prone environment. For me I adjust where my support bag fully extended can shoot the lowest altitude target and hope that the slump of the rear bag can also get me to the highest target.

I haven't seen how the KRG one works, but the MPA spring loaded adjustable bag rider is pretty cool.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Yea, the MPA bag rider reminds me of Harris bipod legs. Hit the button and shoooooo... there it is. Pretty cool. The vision buttstock is pretty quick to adjust but isnt spring loaded. I'm sure the KRG is quick to adjust too.

The only "problems" I had with mine was with the mag catch. Sometimes, I couldnt get mags to seat and/or feed.

Had the same issue with both of my W3s and found its part of the bedding block in the rear. 5 minutes with a file and 1000grit sandpaper to cut/polish in an angle and solved all my issues.

Not hard to take care of but not something you should have to do on a $900+ chassis. That said a W3 would still be my chassis of choice if I needed one.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Had the same issue with both of my W3s and found its part of the bedding block in the rear. 5 minutes with a file and 1000grit sandpaper to cut/polish in an angle and solved all my issues.

Not hard to take care of but not something you should have to do on a $900+ chassis. That said a W3 would still be my chassis of choice if I needed one.

I had that chassis for a while and never fixed it. Dealt with it until I sold it for a foundation.

I do not compete, but quick elevation changes with my W3 are obtained via their angled bag rider (heavy or reg). I hunt varmints so things need to happen quick, and that works for me.

Reactions: 308pirate
Problem with the angled bag rider is staying on target while it's recoiling to spot your shots. So instead of the gun coming straight back, the butt is dropping.
Different strokes.

Reactions: spife7980
Problem with the angled bag rider is staying on target while it's recoiling to spot your shots. So instead of the gun coming straight back, the butt is dropping.
Different strokes.
Yeah, I get it. I just figure shooters in previous days did fine with, say, the M40-type stocks.

In my shooting, 300-500 yds often on 2-4-6”-ish targets (prairie dogs in different angles, half in/out of holes, etc) shooting a .204, the angled bag rider seems to work fine. Small shifts in the bag really adjust elevation quickly. In a PRS setting, maybe if one got used to any slight recoil tracking differences, one might gain a time advantage?

But I shoot a light caliber and I’m not shooting real far. You guys have way more experience than me on the long game and I’m certainly not saying it’s superior overall for everyone (or at all). Just works in my situation.

When I tried it over a number of range sessions, the flat bag rider just took too long to adjust (for me anyway). So, I imagined when hunting, those little PD buggers would be long gone by the time I got it all dialed in.

Just throwing it out there, maybe some folks would want to try it.

Reactions: sgtsmmiii
Yeah, I get it. I just figure shooters in previous days did fine with, say, the M40-type stocks.
And Washington did fine with a musket and horses but I'm sure he would have done better with an APC and a machine gun. Just because things worked before doesn't mean it can't be improved. "That's how we've always done it" is the easiest way to stifle innovation.

Typically, I squeeze the bag to make minor elevation adjustments. But there are times I wish I had a taller bag. An adjustable bag rider gives gross adjustment and squeezing the bag does minor adjustments. But it recoils straight back vs back/down so tracking the shot is easier. Again, not saying it's impossible to use an angled bag rider, but there's a reason you see more and more stocks have a flat bottom.

And Washington did fine with a musket and horses but I'm sure he would have done better with an APC and a machine gun. Just because things worked before doesn't mean it can't be improved. "That's how we've always done it" is the easiest way to stifle innovation.

Typically, I squeeze the bag to make minor elevation adjustments. But there are times I wish I had a taller bag. An adjustable bag rider gives gross adjustment and squeezing the bag does minor adjustments. But it recoils straight back vs back/down so tracking the shot is easier. Again, not saying it's impossible to use an angled bag rider, but there's a reason you see more and more stocks have a flat bottom.
Now you’ve gotten me to wonder about slapping a musket barreled action into a W3 lol…damn that would be funny.

Reactions: Eric32
Im hearing $1899 being thrown around as the price for the new chassis?
That's gonna be hard sell unless it's giving us something we've never seen before. Top end MPA Pro is $300 less and frankly seems a much better value. I AM most defiantly a KRG fan boi too. AND, I really like the look and apparent benefits of this new chassis. Will hold final judgement when the price AND specs are released and I can make a better assessment.

That's gonna be hard sell unless it's giving us something we've never seen before. Top end MPA Pro is $300 less and frankly seems a much better value. I AM most defiantly a KRG fan boi too. AND, I really like the look and apparent benefits of this new chassis. Will hold final judgement when the price AND specs are released and I can make a better assessment.

Im hearing you. Im an absolute KRG whore, but over 2x the price of a G6 W3 is got my head spinning. Keep in mind this price was just something I saw posted on an Insta story from someone at shot. Maybe @Covertnoob5 ?

Also the forend is definitely not swappable. Chassis is one monolithic piece from nose to tail.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope

Im hearing you. Im an absolute KRG whore, but over 2x the price of a G6 W3 is got my head spinning. Keep in mind this price was just something I saw posted on an Insta story from someone at shot. Maybe @Covertnoob5 ?

Also the forend is definitely not swappable. Chassis is one monolithic piece from nose to tail.

And yeah, ill probably still buy one 😂

BE9E8A44-4E8E-4B95-A960-C0E1B213A962.png

• Haha
How do you print something 9 ft tall and not realize that you have one feature listed twice?

A feature so nice you have to mention it twice?
To be fair, it's a nice feature. ;)

That price though. I guess I'll have to put my hands on one to see.

There is a demographic of buyer, who if it's not the most expensive or near, won't buy. I'm not kidding. Some guys need to pay more just to pay more and KRG has been kinda the "value" chassis out there due to price. I don't think they're lesser because of that, and appreciate a lower price option. And if you buy all the accessories for a Bravo, you're paying a lot more than that entry price. Ask me how I know. High price = exclusivity and it's most definitely a business model.

They have had a chassis for the 455 for years, look at the chassis page. Only downsides are can't use the spigot or arca rail on them.
I’ve looked on their page and only see a Bravo for the 10/22, Tikka, and CZ457. Is it somewhere other than their rimfire chassis page? Post a link if you wouldn’t mind because I’d love one of those.

I’ve looked on their page and only see a Bravo for the 10/22, Tikka, and CZ457. Is it somewhere other than their rimfire chassis page? Post a link if you wouldn’t mind because I’d love one of those.

I'm pretty sure the 455 chassis went away when they discontinued the 180-Xray

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
I was hanging out waiting for this chassis but it's nearly double the price of most top chassis and they have placed the weight mounting points too high so they won't interface with a bag thos will make it less stable on a bag than most other chassis. It does actually look like theyhave milled it to work with rrs rlok tho. You could probably get some custom weights milled up to fix the problem but at that price I don't plan to be modifying a stock to make it better

Said the same thing about JAE back in the day. Then I bought one….

Still own 2 JAE's, and still think they are the best chassis's made yet.

They are worth the cost. This KRG looks pretty damn solid as well, and the closest thing to a JAE worthy replacement yet.

Still own 2 JAE's, and still think they are the best chassis's made yet.

They are worth the cost. This KRG looks pretty damn solid as well, and the closest thing to a JAE worthy replacement yet.
For my game the JAE is lacking.
Love it for positional shooting though.

Reactions: kthomas
$1900 is steep, especially non-folder. Folder with enclosed arca forend is like $1550 and that’s towards the upper end of most chassis. I love my KRGs, but $1900 is too much for me

Reactions: Hennig
$1900 is steep, especially non-folder. Folder with enclosed arca forend is like $1550 and that’s towards the upper end of most chassis. I love my KRGs, but $1900 is too much for me
Add weights and your at 2300

Hell $1899 appears to be the "intro price". Might be even more after awhile.
When they introduced the new gen X-ray, the intro price ended up becoming the normal price. Not saying that's the case here, just saying what they did last time

Keep in mind that's a solid billet of aluminum so the machining prices are going the stupid high. I have no problem with the Backbone and bolted on rears on the other chassis. I kind of wish they make this a forened and you could put whatever stock on it you want.

That being said, I'm buying one, regardless of the high price. The rear ergos on my W3 fit my face in a way that other chassis can't replicate, so I'm deep in the KRG camp, and I want the balance point on my rifle about an inch further forward, which is nigh impossible with the current offerings, unless I go full bull barrel/blunderbuss contour on my rifle.

ACC is nice, but again, the KRG cheek piece is what keeps me, regardless of price. Since it's polymer, I cut mine in half and moved it forward so I can rest/index my face on the gun without having to crane my neck sideways or have the cheek piece interfere with my ear cups.

Attachments

• cheekweld.jpg
    cheekweld.jpg
    471.5 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
I would love to see an upgraded Bravo rear that you can bolt on to. I love the Bravo because of the way it feels, meaning the stockfish-not-chassisish feel, but it's a $350 stock so it has that plastic hollow sensation. A strong, upgraded Bravo that comes with the tooless (toolless?) LOP and cheek riser would be awesome.

Reactions: MDrimfirerookie
I would love to see an upgraded Bravo rear that you can bolt on to. I love the Bravo because of the way it feels, meaning the stockfish-not-chassisish feel, but it's a $350 stock so it has that plastic hollow sensation. A strong, upgraded Bravo that comes with the tooless (toolless?) LOP and cheek riser would be awesome.

KRG now has two different internal weights that you can add to the Bravo rear end:

The new chassis various companies are putting out are nice but damn they must have hella price increase and R and D for the drastic increases they are coming with. I was interested in the new MPA then heard price. Then the Krg until I see the price. I haven't seen the MDT price on the Gen2 but I am willing to bet its right in the 1800.00 range. XLR and Xylo chassis will have to do for the time being.

Reactions: RFutch