• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG X-Ray Chassis: Issue with Timney Calvin Elite Safety

echomancer

Private
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2011
Received my XRay today and love it. Can't believe the quality for the price.

I installed a new Timney Elite (520) on my action prior to installing it in the chassis and safety and bolt release work fine. Once I put the action in the chassis and just hand tighten the action bolts, the safety requires a LOT of force to actuate. When torqued down, it was impossible to move.

I hand tightened the bolts and started to shift the action around. When shifted far to the left the safety will kind of work (but the action is way out of alignment). Any tips or ideas to diagnose and fix would be helpful!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I would PM Massoud directly. I have had two different actions in my one with the Timney 510 and the other the straight Timeny and both fit and function fine so not sure what the issue would be.

Sully

Leave the action in the stock with the trigger and everything installed. loosen the action screws a little bit at a time (more on the rear, as the front does not have alot of engagement to begin with). Loosen the action screws until the safety works (but there is resistance). Work the safety a handful of times (at least 10 or more).

Pull the action out of the chassis; at this point you will see where the contact is taking place. Now the way I fixed mine, was I filed the rub area until the safety performed as it should. It wasn't alot, but a fair amount.

Hope this helps.

I had the same problem and what I did to fix the problem was to loosen the top panel grip screw then tighten up the screw again. Just tighten it enough where it does not bind the safety.

Last edited:
Leave the action in the stock with the trigger and everything installed. loosen the action screws a little bit at a time (more on the rear, as the front does not have alot of engagement to begin with). Loosen the action screws until the safety works (but there is resistance). Work the safety a handful of times (at least 10 or more).

Pull the action out of the chassis; at this point you will see where the contact is taking place. Now the way I fixed mine, was I filed the rub area until the safety performed as it should. It wasn't alot, but a fair amount.

Hope this helps.

So this was the answer. The issue was pin 1 from the other thread that goes in and out when the safety is worked.

I ended up filing out the notch in the Aluminum backbone about 3/32 wide and 1/16 deep with a set of hobby files found at Home Depot for $10. VERY happy how the build turned out and enjoyed getting to do some gun smithing.

Next I need to remove the AAC blackout and replace it with the Surefire brake.