• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Krieger #10 MTU Contour?

toptrigger630

Private
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2008
South Carolina
Need a pic of a Krieger #10 MTU Contour....Time for a rebarrel and I'm trying to decide whether to go with the #10MTU or a Straight Taper.

Stick: Remy R5 .308 cal., AICS, NF NXS 5.5-22x50, AAC Cyclone

Thanks in advance

Re: Krieger #10 MTU Contour?

That's going to be a pig of a rifle in an AICS. Do what you want, but know that you're gaining some serious weight over the stock barrel.

The heavy palma fluted would be nice.

Here's a 28" MTU on my 6.5 Creedmoor
P1010009-3.jpg

About 16.5 lbs as you see it. Not really too bad. I am sure even Jason could swing it around
wink.gif

Thanks for the input, I'm not really concerned about the weight with the MTU, rig already weighs about 14 lbs. I believe I'm going to drop the hammer on the MTU profile....probably have it cut and threaded down to 22in....while I'm at it I'm going to have Wheaton Arms here in SC true up my action and perform the smith work.

If any of you are around SC and are looking for a good smith, check out Wheaton Arms....his website is still under construction, but Robbie is a world class shooter and gunsmith. Thought I would give him a lil' plug....he's been real good to me over the years.

this is a Brux, but it is MTU contour inna AICS (on right)

100_1463Large.jpg

Mine clocks in at 18lbs. If you aren't afraid of weight, I'd say go as heavy as you can. But if weight is an issue..

Rebarreled_I_by_GlockGuy.jpg

DSC01424.jpg

Here is my MTU contour barrel. It is way heavier than a barrel needs to be (especially a .308 barrel) so I have been using lighter contours lately.