• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Krieger_Tactics: Long Range Precision Marksmanship - Part 4 - Teaching NEW dogs OLD tricks.

Thank you...

What is the name of this scope?

I said what it was....

It's a Schmidt and bender with the msr2 reticle.

SB offers the msr2 in the PMII series in 520 US, 320US,525, 327 HP, 545 HP iirm.

Steiner also offers the msr2 as well as Kahles

Reactions: waveslayer
Where did he go? Krieger! KRIEGER!!

This is TacticalDillhole Actual, please respond!!

Goddamnit. We lost him.
tenor.gif

Leupold made one like a Horus reticle with the crosshair in the top third of the visual plane. I wish I could find it now, but I actually like it.

Wrong reticle, is even in the name.

The answer was Horus H59. l looked up Horus H59. The one that came up was in MOA. If that's not the one, it's a simple fix by simply stating, there is one in MIL. The question
Lol! Are you serious? H59 is in Mils. By popular demand it's now offered in MOA. I'd give up if I were you. Save some dignity

Waveslayer initially replied to my post thus:

"Horus H59 reticle has over 35 plus if I remember.."

When I looked up the Horus reticle the one that I initially found was in MOA not MILs.

That therefore is the information that I posted.

Then I was informed that it is in fact graduated in MILs. So I went back and looked that up.

The H59 is graduated in MILs. However, it does not have the 35 MILs of elevation that Waveslayer stated he believed it contained.

As far as dignity, there is none on my part here to be lost. There is none here to be saved.

It's simply a matter of providing the most accurate information to those reading the posts. No one on this forum or any other forum knows everything that there is to know about everything... or even Long Range Precision Marksmanship.

If I write something that is incorrect, there is an easy fix... write a reply with the correct information.

If this occurs I will be more than pleased to acknowledge the information.

No dignity lost. No dignity to save. No ego.

-Krieger

The answer was Horus H59. l looked up Horus H59. The one that came up was in MOA. If that's not the one, it's a simple fix by simply stating, there is one in MIL. The question

When I looked up the Horus reticle the one that I initially found was in MOA not MILs.

Then I was informed that it is in fact graduated in MILs. So I went back and looked that up.

The H59 is graduated in MILs. However, it does not have the 35 MILs of elevation that Waveslayer stated he believed it contained.

As far as dignity, there is none on my part here to be lost. There is none here to be saved.

It's simply a matter of providing the most accurate information to those reading the posts. No one on this forum or any other forum knows everything that there is to know about everything... or even Long Range Precision Marksmanship.

If I write something that is incorrect, there is an easy fix... write a reply with the correct information.

-Krieger
Do you own a H59?

I do, and it does in fact hold 35 Mils. It actually holds 38 Mils.

Go ahead and apologize

Do you own a H59?

I do, and it does in fact hold 35 Mils. It actually holds 38 Mils.

Go ahead and apologize

I'm generally not in the habit of accepting things just because someone said it to be true. I will certainly accept things and apologize if someone provides information that then proves to be true.

Please send me a picture of this reticle (whether your personal scope or from a picture online) where it shows 35 MILs of elevation.

I would then most certainly acknowledge it AND apologize.

-Krieger

I'm generally not in the habit of accepting things just because someone said it to be true. I will certainly accept things and apologize if someone provides information that then proves to be true.

Please send me a picture of this reticle (whether your personal scope or from a picture online) where it shows 35 MILs of elevation.

-Krieger
Look above, my gosh

seriously what's wrong with you ?

Reactions: 308pirate

-Krieger
I think you messed up your multi-quote (easy to do). The "wrong" in regards to the MIL-XT is you posted a pic of their MOAR reticle, not the MIL-XT, they are clearly different names, reticles and measurement methods.

As to the H59 the original is MIL and goes to 38 MIL at minimum magnification which my screenshot shows. The MOA version is newer, so new in fact many here don't even know it exists. Given Hodnet teaches the Horus (Tremor) system in mils and even meters it is quite an odd thing for them to add but so be it. Regardless it is NOT the common or even historical reference when anyone says H59, it is the MIL version I posted.

Reactions: waveslayer

-Krieger
It is 38 MILS and literally in the screenshot I posted.

Reactions: 308pirate
View attachment 7815275H59 at the lowest mag range

Waveslayer,

I apologize and I humbly acknowledge that the Horus H 59 does in fact contain 35 MILs of elevation.

I am grateful to you for sharing this information with myself and with those who are reading this post.

I am grateful to you for taking the time to provide this information for the benefit of anyone and all who are reviewing these posts.

You could have taken your time to do any of several things. In stead you provided this information in an objective manner.

This speaks volumes to your character.

Thank you,

Very Respectfully,

-Krieger

Likewise, I would like to thank you, Infidel4life11 for providing these images and the information that this reticle contains at least 24 MILs of elevation below the center cross hair.

I am grateful to you for providing this information to those reviewing these posts.

I stand very corrected.

Very Respectfully,

-Krieger
Krieger my brother,

You get a lot of flak because you are informing a very specific group of people on doctrine that was relevant in 1988.

In 2010, 12years ago, I was using the H58 while I was in the Army and I thought that reticle wasn’t up to date back then.

The fact that you aren’t intimate with Horus, Tremor, MIL-XT, MIL-GAP, GAP G2 G3 G4, CCH, EBR 2’s and 7’s, Shows everyone’s red bullshit flags about you or your intentions are true.

Good news guys!

I figured out how to fix my wind problem with me always having the shot go next to the target.

I rotated my scope a bit to the side, and now I'm always hitting the target.

I will certainly accept things and apologize if someone provides information that then proves to be true.

Why would anyone feel obligated to provide you information to bolster their claims? Nothing that is being discussed here is a secret, in terms of reticles, and all of them are open-source information.

Why don't YOU do the work and get up to speed on modern optics and the TTPs that are relevant today? Like somebody else said, it looks like you were stuck in the mid 80s, and all of a sudden woke up 35 years later.

Maybe you should change your "callsign" to Rip Van Winkle...........

Why would anyone feel obligated to provide you information to bolster their claims? Nothing that is being discussed here is a secret, in terms of reticles, and all of them are open-source information.

Why don't YOU do the work and get up to speed on modern optics and the TTPs that are relevant today? Like somebody else said, it looks like you were stuck in the mid 80s, and all of a sudden woke up 35 years later.

Maybe you should change your "callsign" to Rip Van Winkle...........

PRIMARILY
308pirate, no one should feel obligated to provide anyone with anything. I never said anyone should feel obligated. That is something that you built into the conversation all on your own accord. So that question is a question that you would be better off asking yourself and then answering yourself. Once you do this you can feel free to post your reply to your question here on this forum.

Never the less, the real matter of it is this... If someone says that they have information that corrects or clarifies a point, they are free to share that information in order to assist those, like myself who are still in the learning phase of Long Range Precision Marksmanship, which apparently some have surpassed.

SECONDLY
I don't desire to use "modern" optics.

Is that a crime against humanity? No it isn't.

This is still America where citizens like you and I are still allowed to make our own choices regarding many things... such as which scope and reticle we choose to employ.

In my case as an American citizen I choose to use the optic that utilizes MIL dots.

Your name calling and attempts at cyber peer pressure have absolutely no affect on my choice of scope nor reticle nor what I decide to post. -Just so that we're clear.

Again. This is still America and we still abide by the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and the amendments to the Constitution of the United States of America.

Just so that we are also clear, I have protected YOUR right to IGNORE my posts and do something else with your time.

I've also protected your right to reply to my posts with immature responses such as calling me "Rip Van Winkle", which, if I'm being honest I found a bit endearing.

FINALLY
I like the MIL dot reticle. In fact I LOVE the MIL dot reticle.

I love it because in order to employ a MIL dot reticle it the MARKSMAN himself or herself must be knowledgeable in ballistics and Long Range Precision Marksmanship and must be able to do wind and range calculations from memorized formulas and or tables, etc.

In essence... I love the PERSONAL CHALLENGE of using a MIL dot reticle.

There are those in America, who much like myself still use either the MIL dot or Duplex style reticles no matter how outdated you may or may not think that they are.

My posts are written specifically to assist those individuals. As you apparently are not one of those individuals, my posts are not designed with your method of marksmanship in mind.

Having stated this, I would assume that you would be able to find a forum that does address your style of marksmanship... or even better yet, perhaps you could take some time and WRITE posts that discuss your style of marksmanship in stead of spending your time replying to people like me who write about outdated reticles etc.

Very Respectfully,

Mr. Rip Van Winkle

Reactions: M1A1Abrams
PRIMARILY
308pirate, no one should feel obligated to provide anyone with anything. I never said anyone should feel obligated. That is something that you built into the conversation all on your own accord. So that question is a question that you would be better off asking yourself and then answering yourself. Once you do this you can feel free to post your reply to your question here on this forum.

Never the less, the real matter of it is this... If someone says that they have information that corrects or clarifies a point, they are free to share that information in order to assist those, like myself who are still in the learning phase of Long Range Precision Marksmanship, which apparently some have surpassed.

SECONDLY
I don't desire to use "modern" optics.

Is that a crime against humanity? No it isn't.

This is still America where citizens like you and I are still allowed to make our own choices regarding many things... such as which scope and reticle we choose to employ.

In my case as an American citizen I choose to use the optic that utilizes MIL dots.

Your name calling and attempts at cyber peer pressure have absolutely no affect on my choice of scope nor reticle nor what I decide to post. -Just so that we're clear.

Again. This is still America and we still abide by the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and the amendments to the Constitution of the United States of America.

Just so that we are also clear, I have protected YOUR right to IGNORE my posts and do something else with your time.

I've also protected your right to reply to my posts with immature responses such as calling me "Rip Van Winkle", which, if I'm being honest I found a bit endearing.

FINALLY
I like the MIL dot reticle. In fact I LOVE the MIL dot reticle.

I love it because in order to employ a MIL dot reticle it the MARKSMAN himself or herself must be knowledgeable in ballistics and Long Range Precision Marksmanship and must be able to do wind and range calculations from memorized formulas and or tables, etc.

In essence... I love the PERSONAL CHALLENGE of using a MIL dot reticle.

There are those in America, who much like myself still use either the MIL dot or Duplex style reticles no matter how outdated you may or may not think that they are.

My posts are written specifically to assist those individuals. As you apparently are not one of those individuals, my posts are not designed with your method of marksmanship in mind.

Having stated this, I would assume that you would be able to find a forum that does address your style of marksmanship... or even better yet, perhaps you could take some time and WRITE posts that discuss your style of marksmanship in stead of spending your time replying to people like me who write about outdated reticles etc.

Very Respectfully,

Mr. Rip Van Winkle
You can still cook with Fire and use torches for lights, but technology has improved. Go ahead and use mildots, most everyone is now in 2022

Last edited:
Reactions: Huskydriver
Krieger my brother,

You get a lot of flak because you are informing a very specific group of people on doctrine that was relevant in 1988.

In 2010, 12years ago, I was using the H58 while I was in the Army and I thought that reticle wasn’t up to date back then.

The fact that you aren’t intimate with Horus, Tremor, MIL-XT, MIL-GAP, GAP G2 G3 G4, CCH, EBR 2’s and 7’s, Shows everyone’s red bullshit flags about you or your intentions are true.

I very much disagree.

I get a lot of flak because, as I state in the very beginning of my posts, that they are written for basic and beginner marksman who use the MIL dot reticle.... but then individuals who are not supposed beginners or basic marksmen who do not use the MIL dot reticle make their own decision to read my posts and then get mad because the posts are:
1. Basic level.
2. Beginner level.
3. Designed for those who use the MIL dot reticle.

In essence there is a Butcher shop. The sign in front of the butcher shop states: "BUTCHER SHOP". Another sign states "ONLY MEAT SOLD HERE". A third sign states: "NO VEGETABLES SOLD HERE".

Then a vegetarian wanting to purchase vegetables comes to the butcher shop...

The vegetarian reads all the signs.

The vegetarian decides to enter the butcher shop anyway even though ALL of the signs say no vegetables sold here and only meat sold here.

The vegetarian finds that there is only meat being sold her and that there are NO vegetables for sale inside of the butcher shop.

Then the vegetarian gets angry at the butcher and the butcher shop for not selling any vegetables!

This is irrational at best on the vegetarian's part.

The signs on my posts state:

1. These posts are for basic marksmen with very little practical or didactic experience or knowledge.
2. These posts are for beginner level marksmen.
3. These posts are for persons using MIL dot reticles.

If this information is provided in the intro of the posts (which it is) and people still read it expecting something other than what they've been told the post contains, then it is not me that they should be mad at.. it is themselves that they should be mad at because it is themselves who entered a butcher shop expecting to find vegetables.

-Krieger

I think you messed up your multi-quote (easy to do). The "wrong" in regards to the MIL-XT is you posted a pic of their MOAR reticle, not the MIL-XT, they are clearly different names, reticles and measurement methods.

As to the H59 the original is MIL and goes to 38 MIL at minimum magnification which my screenshot shows. The MOA version is newer, so new in fact many here don't even know it exists. Given Hodnet teaches the Horus (Tremor) system in mils and even meters it is quite an odd thing for them to add but so be it. Regardless it is NOT the common or even historical reference when anyone says H59, it is the MIL version I posted.

You are certainly correct. I am not familiar with the MOAR reticle.

I appreciate your very pointed and objective information regarding the H59.

Thank you very much,

Respectfully,

-Krieger

Why not set up a poll and ask who here is still using Mildot? Then maybe you will know your crowd and or followers are . Then you won't have to bug the masses

Why not set up a poll and ask who here is still using Mildot? Then maybe you will know your crowd and or followers are . Then you won't have to bug the masses

You have the situation inverted.

Do my posts come to everyone's personal account? Or does each individual make a conscioius decision to read my posts?

My posts are not "sent" to anyone except for those who have followed me. Each individual who reads these posts has to have, at one time or another, made a conscious decision to read the posts or to follow me.

I have not forced anyone to actually receive my posts or to read any information that they haven't made a conscious decision to read.

The simplest solution is for those who don't want to see the information that I post is to not open it to not read it.

I would share this with you...

I don't read any posts about rally road racing.

It's my decision not to do so.

If I did decide to read a post about rally road racing would it be logical for me to get upset with the person who posted an article about rally road racing?

No. That would make not be logical.

If I don't want to read about rally road racing the simplest measure to be taken is to ignore posts that discuss rally road racing and refuse to open them.

Likewise, anyone who doesn't want to read my posts should take personal responsibility for their actions and.... not open, not interact, not read my posts.

I will not be offended.

Finally... If just one person on this forum uses a MIL dot reticle, and they are here to find information on that reticle... I am going to post information for that one person.

-Krieger

Last edited:

Also, I know who my crowd is and who my followers are.

The crowd is (1) a conglomerate of people who don't want to read about basic stuff, yet keep reading my posts, which discuss basic stuff and then become upset with me even though they made their own decision to read the posts (about basic stuff), and (2) people who read the posts because they are basic marksmen and want to learn.

I welcome everyone with open arms.

-Krieger

Last edited:

Please explain to me how I am bugging the masses, when:

1. Nothing I post is directly sent to anyone except those who made a conscious decision to follow me?
2. Everyone who reads my posts are actually making a conscious decision, of their own accord to interact with / read my posts?

If "the masses" are making a conscious decision to interact with me, yet I am not making a conscious decision to interact with them, how is it that I am the one bugging the masses?

It seems to me that your logic is inverted... I posted a reply earlier regarding a vegetarian becoming upset because he couldn't find vegetables at a butcher shop... It's not a logical thought process given the objective truth of the circumstances.

-Krieger

Last edited:

If I set up a poll, how many people would it take to respond for you to feel that my posts regarding basic skills for beginning marksmen who use the MIL dot and or Duplex style reticle are warranted or not warranted?

By the way, there was an individual who responded to this series who stated that there are law enforcement agencies who are still using the MIL dot reticle.

If no one responded that they use the MIL dot reticle system, but apparently (according to the individual who wrote in) there are still law enforcement agencies that are still using the MIL dot reticle system, would you suggest that I / you / we ignore these marksmen and stop posting information that they might need in order to do their jobs to protect the citizens of America as they perform their duties?

-Krieger

If I set up a poll, how many people would it take to respond for you to feel that my posts regarding basic skills for beginning marksmen who use the MIL dot and or Duplex style reticle are warranted or not warranted?

By the way, there was an individual who responded to this series who stated that there are law enforcement agencies who are still using the MIL dot reticle.

If no one responded that they use the MIL dot reticle system, but apparently (according to the individual who wrote in) there are still law enforcement agencies that are still using the MIL dot reticle system, would you suggest that I / you / we ignore these marksmen and stop posting information that they might need in order to do their jobs to protect the citizens of America as they perform their duties?

-Krieger
That was me that said that and I said maybe they are because change is really hard in LE.

Reactions: Infidel4life11
That was me that said that and I said maybe they are because change is really hard in LE.

Thank you for noting that. I agree. The difficulty with an organization is keeping up with the latest in technology and gear due to the bureaucratic process. Having to deal with budgets, defining mission requirements etc., all lend to extending the time lag of acquiring equipment.

-Krieger

Last edited:

Waveslayer,

I would like to note, that your idea does actually have merit. It has so much merit, that earlier this year, January 19th, 2022 in fact, I did this very thing.

You can find this information here: https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...holding-from-100-to-1000-yards.7107847/page-2

These are the results:

1 POLL RESULTS POST #3 8.png

There were 54 personnel who responded.

39 personnel stated that (in essence) the posts provided were too basic and of were of no use to them.

7 personnel responded that this post was meeting their expectations.

2 personnel responded stated that they do utilize the MIL dot or Duplex style reticle.

6 personnel responded that they are, in fact, a new shooter and the information in my posts are actually assisting them.

Waveslayer, since 15 personnel stated that the information provided is useful, that would lend me to ask you..

Would you suggest that I stop providing these posts and therefore ignore the 15 personnel (27% of those who responded) who stated that they do use the MIL dot or duplex style reticle and who admit that they are new shooters and who find the information in these posts helpful?

-Krieger

Last edited:
Waveslayer,

I would like to note, that your idea does actually have merit. It has so much merit, that earlier this year, January 19th, 2022 in fact, I did this very thing.

You can find this information here: https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...holding-from-100-to-1000-yards.7107847/page-2

These are the results:

View attachment 7816608

There were 54 personnel who responded.

39 personnel stated that (in essence) the posts provided were too basic and of were of no use to them.

7 personnel responded that this post was meeting their expectations.

2 personnel responded stated that they do utilize the MIL dot or Duplex style reticle.

6 personnel responded that they are, in fact, a new shooter and the information in my posts are actually assisting them.

Waveslayer, since 15 personnel stated that the information provided is useful, that would lend me to ask you..

Would you suggest that I stop providing these posts and therefore ignore the 15 personnel (27% of those who responded) who stated that they do use the MIL dot or duplex style reticle and who admit that they are new shooters and who find the information in these posts helpful?

-Krieger
To answer yes.

No need for some long fancy paragraph

No fancy paragraph here. Just a detailed response to your suggestion to take a poll, and a providing of the objective information from having done that.

-Krieger
I will give you this, Krieger....despite some serious criticism (deserved or not is not something I want to address here), you have remained invariably polite and civil which is more than can be said of many members (incl me) or threads.

Cheers

I will give you this, Krieger....despite some serious criticism (deserved or not is not something I want to address here), you have remained invariably polite and civil which is more than can be said of many members (incl me) or threads.

Cheers
Yeah he really has. Pretty impressive considering the heat hes gotten. I thought for sure it was a committed troll at first but it's clearly not. Dude seems like a nice guy and has taken the shots repeatedly, while keeping a pleasant demeanor and being polite in his responses.

Ron here, again, call sign a hole (to go with my rank if first class smart aleck.) Krieger has been more than patient and accurate. I also agree that if a person doesn't want to read about mil dot ranging, then don't go in a thread about mil dot ranging.

If I wanted to counter it, I would start my own thread. Judging by statements by Krieger, I have a feeling that we are close in age. Better to spend energy bring a solution. I mean, sure, fighting has its uses but must be used sparingly. Reasoning should be option one.

@Krieger_Tactics

Rock on Man!

I have literally read all your posts and you have been the cyb3r beat down challenge of the century and have not been phased in any way shape or form.

You are from a time lost among time.

Just like the bud light commercials- we salute you MILDOT bringer back to lifer guy.

@Krieger_Tactics

Rock on Man!

I have literally read all your posts and you have been the cyb3r beat down challenge of the century and have not been phased in any way shape or form.

You are from a time lost among time.

Just like the bud light commercials- we salute you MILDOT bringer back to lifer guy.
"Real men of genius..."

I loved those. My favorite one was about the "All you can eat buffet inventor guy." When you walk into a restaurant and the sign says to eat all that you can, there is something so right about that.