• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

John Rothenberg

Private
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2013
East Liverpool Oh.
Looking for general information on kydex holsters, what you have used, what you liked what you didn't. I'm starting to build some and I'm trying to get an idea what direction people are leaning. Any input would be most welcome.

John

I prefer the style with tension screws. Most makers neglect it. I always find that they need a bit of tweaking and this is the only reasonable way. I also find having a 10 degree cant and full guard (body side for the summer) the best set up. Some two sheet designs require too much material. The single piece "taco" works well as long as there is still enough room for two belt loops.

I hear you on the adjustment it is easily incorporated on the toco type of holsters, not so much on. Some of the others. The cant I find to be personal preference and position specific. The belt attachment, it seems to me is where a lot of the manufacturs fall short maybe because that part is so labor intensive I'm working on several different ideas in that area. Thanks for the input PM me with what you are running and maybe I can get you to do some testing.

"Flab Tab" Great way to put it as I have some flab I have them on most of my personal rigs. Raven Concealment a very good product and well made is however kinda easy to duplicate and for me the $$$ is a little high but they are the industry standard. We have incorporated tensioning screws on RC type holsters with mixed results. Thanks for responding I listen to everyone.

I also prefer RCS style holsters. The only thing that I dislike are the little screws you have to use to attach the belt loops. One thing I wish RCS would do is make the pistol ride lower. I find their holster is fine for OWB, but for IWB, it rides too high for *my* taste. For reference, Comp Tac IWB is perfect ride hide wise.
One reason that I favor RCS - despite their wait time and cost is warranty. There are plenty of kydex makers but few with their history of customer support and longevity.

If your looking for great Kydex holsters and customer service that can't be beat look at Rifles Only. They're carrying a new line of OWB and IWB Kydex holsters. They also do custom job with fast turn around.

I have run many OWB bladetechs, they are ok, they just sit away from the body quite a bit to be comfortable. Thats where raven concealment excels. Tight to the body.

Bladetech makes great IWB, I like the single loop so I can pop the holster on / off in the car out of the car. I have a Raven that IWB with those long ass loops with extensions etc. Its brilliantly built and very comfortable, I just prefer quick on / off. I do like how low the RCS holster sits the gun.

DSG makes knock off RCS holsters, they are very good and in stock.

G-Code has a nice IWB holster, designed by HSP. I like the design, and they have it with a kydex that has fuzz. The fuzz is to make it more comfortable against the skin.

Garret Industries Silent Thunder. Leather lined kydex, the best of both worlds.

I use DSG's Alpha holster... I like the finger area notched out, for smooth draw and prevents the knuckles from rubbing the holster. I also like the curved sides, makes the holster ride close to the body comfortably. And prefer the ability to adjust the cant and ride via multiple eyelets on the front and back -that's a must have option. Offer it in black, coyote and OD and you're in business!

I agree with HAF324, I have DSG for a P2000sk and a USP45. Very comfortable and the finger groove relief is nice, and when carried IWB I can't tell it's there

I use DSG's Alpha holster... I like the finger area notched out, for smooth draw and prevents the knuckles from rubbing the holster. I also like the curved sides, makes the holster ride close to the body comfortably. And prefer the ability to adjust the cant and ride via multiple eyelets on the front and back -that's a must have option. Offer it in black, coyote and OD and you're in business!