• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision L3Harris BNVD (PVS-31) Now Available for Commercial Sale at TNVC!

Victor-TNVC

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 5, 2007
    USA
    www.tnvc.com
    L3Harris BNVD (PVS-31) Now Available for Commercial Sale at TNVC!

PVS-31_Release-1787572.jpg

As part of the lineup of new products being introduced at TNVC’s vSHOTT Virtual Event (http://tnvc.com/vshott), TNVC is excited to announce the release of one of the most sought after and frequently requested night vision products to the commercial market—the L3Harris Binocular Night Vision Device (BNVD)!

PVS-31_Releas_a-1787571.jpg

Adopted by USSOCOM as the AN/PVS-31A, the L3Harris BNVD has been in use by U.S. Special Operations Forces for several years as well as allied forces, however they have not been widely available on the commercial market.

The L3Harris BNVD is one of the lightest binocular night vision systems on the market, with unparalleled optical performance with lightweight optical lens assemblies optimized to maximize the performance of the Unfilmed 2376+ FOM (figure of merit) White Phosphor image intensifier tubes, and features both an onboard AA battery and an external power connector to be used with an external power supply.

PVS-31_Release_d-1787570.jpg

The L3Harris BNVD retails at $13,700 and is available for order now at:

https://tnvc.com/shop/l-3-anpvs-31-bnvd/

Special Promotional Pricing is available for registered vSHOTT Attendees who have signed up by e-mail—it’s not too late to sign up and receive promotional pricing and special discounts, not just for the L3Harris BNVD, for many other exciting products, as well as being automatically entered in giveaways!

Register and watch: http://TNVC.com/vSHOTT

If you're not already registered for our vSHOTT please do. You will qaulify for the some very good discounts on the new PVS-31A!

Tonights the final night of our vSHOTT and your last chance to win a PVS-14! And we have saved the BEST for last. This announcement will rock the NV world and it's a TNVC exclusive!

Reactions: Dvlray6
    Tonights the final night of our vSHOTT and your last chance to win a PVS-14! And we have saved the BEST for last. This announcement will rock the NV world and it's a TNVC exclusive!

Can’t wait. You guys have been killing it this year. My visa is smoking!!

• Haha
    Reactions: TheHorta
    On top of the E-cotis, this is probably the most impressive roll out I have seen in this world. Great job guys. And with customer service like Jamie, you can count on thing going as well as possible.

On top of the E-cotis, this is probably the most impressive roll out I have seen in this world. Great job guys. And with customer service like Jamie, you can count on thing going as well as possible.
    Thank you very much for the kind words Choid and I will be sure to let Jaimie know. She is amazing and the real boss of the HQ. We cannot do it without her!

Be sure to tune in tonight, the best is yet to come!

Thank you very much for the kind words Choid and I will be sure to let Jaimie know. She is amazing and the real boss of the HQ. We cannot do it without her!

Be sure to tune in tonight, the best is yet to come!
    She is pretty great. The rest of you are kind of assholes. I get it. My wife smoothes over my rough edges. ;)

Hey Victor, Kristen is pretty great too! A definite asset to TNVC. For sure. They put up with more order changes than anybody should. Your fault Victor, stop introducing new stuff, lately like every day - lol.

Your pack strobe is probably dead by now.

Funny thing. Because of that photo I knew the stobe was on. It must’ve been on for a week or more. I don’t actually use them. I just have them as loaners. Since I typically run dual Skeets, I couldn’t see if the last guy who used them had the strobe on.

Funny thing. Because of that photo I knew the stobe was on. It must’ve been on for a week or more. I don’t actually use them. I just have them as loaners. Since I typically run dual Skeets, I couldn’t see if the last guy who used them had the strobe on.

Folks have been PM'ing and emailing....YES these are full up Mil line units with MINIMUM 2372 FOM with UF WPT's. The ONLY difference with ours vs. the Mil units, each of ours come with data sheets.

Thanks guys!

• Love
    Folks have been PM'ing and emailing....YES these are full up Mil line units with MINIMUM 2372 FOM with UF WPT's. The ONLY difference with ours vs. the Mil units, each of ours come with data sheets.

Thanks guys!
    Two questions...

First, I get the 2372 minimum, but what do you estimate will be average?
    Second, what is the delivery schedule on the first one or two runs of these?

Reactions: Pusher591

Thanks guys!
    It'll be interesting to see the specs that start coming with these. Since .MIL/LEO don't resell their units, sheets were never important. Spec sheets are incredibly important to we Normies, because it's how we measure our... umm... self-worth in the Night Vision community. 😋

• Haha
    Reactions: jwramp and Dvlray6
    It'll be interesting to see the specs that start coming with these. Since .MIL/LEO don't resell their units, sheets were never important. Spec sheets are incredibly important to we Normies, because it's how we measure our... umm... self-worth in the Night Vision community. 😋
    Is that measurement in micrometers?

• Haha
    In the next 2 weeks we should have the 31's on the shelf ready to ship! We're all pretty excited around here for that to happen. it's been loooong overdue.

Thanks to everyone for the orders, crazy demand.
    Are these the VSHOTT specials or are just in general, the 31 kits.

I’ll post up the specs on mine when she arrives. I wasn’t really in the market for another bino I2 setup, but couldn’t resist the call of 2376 min UF WP 31s. Plus I won’t have to drool over your 31 pics anymore. :)

Two questions...

First, I get the 2372 minimum, but what do you estimate will be average?
    Second, what is the delivery schedule on the first one or two runs of these?
    Average estimates in the 2500 FOM range. 1st two runs in the Feb/March time frames. Thank you.

Average estimates in the 2500 FOM range. 1st two runs in the Feb/March time frames. Thank you.
    Nice. Thanks for the response. Do you expect those time frames to be firm, or creeping?

I’ll post up the specs on mine when she arrives. I wasn’t really in the market for another bino I2 setup, but couldn’t resist the call of 2376 min UF WP 31s. Plus I won’t have to drool over your 31 pics anymore. :)
    Thank you for the order and business Sir!

• Love
    Reactions: Dvlray6
    Exciting! Wish there was a secret handshake I could do to facetime the shipping department and peruse some spec sheets before my 1531s go out the door. Can't wait to see what some of the average specs are looking like out of that first batch. It'd be real nice if a few examples could be shared from the sheets in the pile there.

EDIT: just got word back from TNVC that my 1531s ordered during VSHOTT aren’t expected till June. Ah well. Plenty of time to hear about specs that are showing up... right? 😬

Last edited:
    Did you order the MIL-SPEC 1531's or the High FOM 2376+ Minimum?
    That should be your difference right there.
    if you look at the TNVC website that gives you the estimate minimums if you are really worried about FOM.
    The PVS-31a's are High FOM 2376+ Minimum only.

In my not that experienced with anything other than Aviation NVG's, my assumption is the 31's and the 1531 with 2376+ min should be very similar.
    the biggest difference will be the PVS-14 optical lens assemblies which could be a huge plus for the attachments, serviceability, adjustability.
    the draw back will be the roughly 3 ounce difference in weight.
    also 11,400 vs 13,700 = ($2,300) For those differences
    if you wanted to save more and go with the Mil-Spec 1792+ minimum and save another ($1,400) on top of the 2,300 which is $3,700

But it sounds like Image Quality is important, so the extra $1,400 for the 2379+ minimum might be worth it. (IMO it is)

To give you an example, a helo pilot or fast mover pilot might be wearing duals (2500ish FOM) or quads (2200ish FOM) these vary from each example, but should give you an idea.
    I hear that a lot of government places don't test SPECS but I am sure it depends on unit, all of ours are tested and spec'd every year ish.

TNVC, PLEASE correct me if I am ignorant on anything said.

ALSO, Crazy excited for the PVS-31a's to ship out to the customers!!!! Hopefully that will happen this week?!?!?!?!
    I can't wait to get the new toy! I must say, I am usually good at waiting, but this wait is definitely hard.

Last edited:
    if you look at the TNVC website that gives you the estimate minimums if you are really worried about FOM.

In my not that experienced with anything other than Aviation NVG's, my assumption is the 31's and the 1531 with 2376+ min should be very similar.
    the biggest difference will be the PVS-14 optical lens assemblies which could be a huge plus for the attachments, serviceability, adjustability.
    if you wanted to save more and go with the Mil-Spec 1792+ minimum and save another ($1,400) on top of the 2,300 which is $3,700

But it sounds like Image Quality is important, so the extra $1,400 for the 2379+ minimum might be worth it. (IMO it is)

To give you an example, a helo pilot or fast mover pilot might be wearing duals (2500ish FOM) or quads (2200ish FOM) these vary from each example, but should give you an idea.
    I hear that a lot of government places don't test SPECS but I am sure it depends on unit, all of ours are tested and spec'd every year ish.

TNVC, PLEASE correct me if I am ignorant on anything said.

ALSO, Crazy excited for the PVS-31a's to ship out to the customers!!!! Hopefully that will happen this week?!?!?!?!
    I can't wait to get the new toy! I must say, I am usually good at waiting, but this wait is definitely hard.
    Pretty much spot on. As for spec sheets, ALL Mil issued units never come with any, but each Omni contract does have to meet that minimum requirement when it leaves the factory and all are tested there. With our L3/Harris program, we special requested EVERY L3/Harris unit come with individual spec sheets for each of our customers and dealer orders. (Yes Pannos come with 4 data sheets!). We think it's very important for all our end users to have this valuable piece of commodity.

Thank you for your business as well!

Roger that!
    I definitely appreciate the information.

I will have to ask the person that does our ordering and maintenance because all of ours has spec sheets and every time they are inspected we are issued a new spec sheet. I would say 99.9% of the test pilots don't care about specs because they are all great. But this makes me wonder what makes us different or where the spec sheets are coming from or if this was something that was a special request for.
    Thanks again for the information!

But it sounds like Image Quality is important, so the extra $1,400 for the 2379+ minimum might be worth it.

To give you an example, a Helo pilot or fast mover pilot might be wearing duals (2500ish FOM) or quads (2200ish FOM) these vary from each example, but should give you an idea.
    No because whether it’s mil spec or high FOM those are just the minimum requirements per tube. Most L3 tubes are usually a decent bit higher in merit regardless of the type. Most 31’s I’ve seen appear to be in the 2500 category with some rare ones being 2800-2900 FOM
    Pretty much spot on. As for spec sheets, ALL Mil issued units never come with any, but each Omni contract does have to meet that minimum requirement when it leaves the factory and all are tested there. With our L3/Harris program, we special requested EVERY L3/Harris unit come with individual spec sheets for each of our customers and dealer orders. (Yes Pannos come with 4 data sheets!). We think it's very important for all our end users to have this valuable piece of commodity.

Thank you for your business as well!
    can you tell us what the specs are on some of those you received? I think everyone is just curious since they have never come with any sheets

Reactions: jwramp
    I ordered 1531s in high-FoM. The rep just called them “BNVDs” via email when saying they’d be June, so hopefully no confusion on which ones. I know it’s the wrong thread or whatever for that unit, I’m just interested in any data off the sheets from that pile of 31a’s that Vic posted and this thread was more active.

Nobody’s shared actual sheets from the 2376 contract units, as I’ve heard from LE buddies in the past that L3H would charge their dept extra to look them up and send the sheets. Just very interested in what sort of averages might be coming in them, especially if it’s going to be late Q2 to see the goggles that I put 50% down on. (Not complaining about the wait time, just interested in what I might be waiting for)

Reactions: Pusher591
    Roger that!
    I definitely appreciate the information.

I will have to ask the person that does our ordering and maintenance because all of ours has spec sheets and every time they are inspected we are issued a new spec sheet. I would say 99.9% of the test pilots don't care about specs because they are all great. But this makes me wonder what makes us different or where the spec sheets are coming from or if this was something that was a special request for.
    Thanks again for the information!
    I am guessing here the aviation units have some sort of clause of necessity those have to come with data sheets. I will check on that.

As for the FOM stuff questions here, I got to peek at several sheets yesterday on the 31's that arrived. They were all above 2500.

I am guessing here the aviation units have some sort of clause of necessity those have to come with data sheets. I will check on that.

As for the FOM stuff questions here, I got to peek at several sheets yesterday on the 31's that arrived. They were all above 2500.

Here is the deal with rated aviation systems for Mil

When you get TSO certified goggles they do come with the data sheets due to the fact that the FAA requires that the goggles are inspected and purged every 180 days and that a log is maintained just like for all aircraft.

Reactions: Fr33dom
    Here is the deal with rated aviation systems for Mil

When you get TSO certified goggles they do come with the data sheets due to the fact that the FAA requires that the goggles are inspected and purged every 180 days and that a log is maintained just like for all aircraft.
    Roger that!
    That makes a lot of sense and lines up with everything I have seen.
    Really appreciate the quick responses and the fact you all looked into that!

Can't wait to get the two PVS-31a's
    Kristen was very helpful!

Also, your vSHOTT was excellent, honestly way better, more information and more personal than ShotShow!

Roger that!
    That makes a lot of sense and lines up with everything I have seen.
    Really appreciate the quick responses and the fact you all looked into that!

Can't wait to get the two PVS-31a's
    Kristen was very helpful!

Also, your vSHOTT was excellent, honestly way better, more information and more personal than ShotShow!

This. VSHOTT was outstanding in every way. Now yall have to do that every year. ;)

This. VSHOTT was outstanding in every way. Now yall have to do that every year. ;)
    Thank you for the kind words and glad you enjoyed the event. The guys as you can tell were very excited and relaxed in front of the camera. We also thought it went very well with so many announcements we had to talk about. Our TNVC/NGI production crew also did an amazing job behind the scenes producing the event. Phenomenal team all around, we're very fortunate to have here at TNVC/NGI. Thanks again.

So, I got my 31As from TNVC on Thursday. I think I might have pestered them so much about delivery times that they just gave in and sent them over even before they had them in inventory. I haven't had a lot of time on them yet, just about thirty minutes two times out, so it isn't much of a review, but here it goes.

So why did I get these? I have had 31s before, so I knew what I was getting, but the opportunity to have a set with a warranty was appealing to me. So with that as preamble, the goggles arrived exactly as you would expect them to. Full kit, packed nicely in the multicam bag. The two differences between this and others I have had, is that these came with spec sheets, and they came with the piece of mind that I knew L3 wanted me to have them, and that L3 would take care of them for me if something went wrong. For me, this is huge. It is probably unreasonable fear, but there you go. Anybody who knows me know that I am a little nuts.

So, how are they? They are great. The tubes are very clean with one small spot in one tube. They are 72 line pair, 37 and 37.1 SNR. The spot specs for these are, as far as I can tell, identical to UM L3s. The biggest difference, so far, is that there is almost no fixed pattern noise. As in you can't even find it if you look for it. Very impressive. The two nights I have been out have had moons, but I have been out after sundown and before moon up, so pretty dark conditions, though we have had good starlight. These are probably the brightest tubes I've seen through. I am never sure whether I think 31 optics are better or worse than 14s, but these are very clear. Driving a side by side with them, without additional IR was a piece of cake, and when I flipped on the 940s even better. As with all 31s, they are light and comfortable, and easy to wear. I haven't had them much under tree cover because we still have pretty damn deep snow, but soon.

So, it isn't much of a review, but I figured I better get it out, because TNVC was pretty damn awesome at getting these out to me quickly. I think I like 31s more than other goggles I have. I also really like my DTNVSs. What is great, though, is the piece of mind from having something that we were all wanting though were very hard to get clean, with warranty. The sheets are nice as well, though I am less of a stickler for sheets than some other people. Anyway, thanks to TNVC, Vic and my girl Jaimie. These came good and quick. Cheap I can't say, but there yougo.

Last edited:
    So, I got my 31As from TNVC on Thursday. I think I might have pestered them so much about delivery times that they just gave in and sent them over even before they had them in inventory. I haven't had a lot of time on them yet, just about thirty minutes two times out, so it isn't much of a review, but here it goes.

So why did I get these? I have had 31s before, so I knew what I was getting, but the opportunity to have a set with a warranty was appealing to me. So with that as preamble, the goggles arrived exactly as you would expect them to. Full kit, packed nicely in the multicam bag. The two differences between this and others I have had, is that these came with spec sheets, and they came with the piece of mind that I knew L3 wanted me to have them, and that L3 would take care of them for me if something went wrong. For me, this is huge. It is probably unreasonable fear, but there you go. Anybody who knows me know that I am a little nuts.

So, how are they? They are great. The tubes are very clean with one small spot in one tube. They are 72 line pair, 37 and 37.1 SNR. The spot specs for these are, as far as I can tell, identical to UM L3s. The biggest difference, so far, is that there is almost no fixed pattern noise. As in you can't even find it if you look for it. Very impressive. The two nights I have been out have had moons, but I have been out after sundown and before moon up, so pretty dark conditions, though we have had good starlight. These are probably the brightest tubes I've seen through. I am never sure whether I think 31 optics are better or worse than 14s, but these are very clear. Driving a side by side with them, without additional IR was a piece of cake, and when I flipped on the 940s even better. As with all 31s, they are light and comfortable, and easy to wear. I haven't had them much under tree cover because we still have pretty damn deep snow, but soon.

So, it isn't much of a review, but I figured I better get it out, because TNVC was pretty damn awesome at getting these out to me quickly. I think I like 31s more than other goggles I have. I also really like my DTNVSs. What is great, though, is the piece of mind from having something that we were all wanting though were very hard to get clean, with warranty. The sheets are nice as well, though I am less of a stickler for sheets than some other people. Anyway, thanks to TNVC, Vic and my girl Jaimie. These came good and quick. Cheap I can't say, but there yougo.

Awesome! I can’t wait for mine to arrive!! Congrats!

Dude!!! That's so awesome!!!!
    Glad to hear you're impressed and happy with them.

God I am so excited to get mine in.
    I hear another batch, FDE I believe, arrives today at TNVC. Woot woot!!!

It's so crazy because this is definitely the hardest wait in a while.

Glad you're enjoying them and that you got them so quickly. Excellent write-up!

Look forward to getting them and I'll do a quick write up also