• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Labradar issues

That is just a cheap reflex from Amazon, the little picatinney mount was from Evil Bay but I believe that there is a member of the Hide that sells them also.
Cheap sight shouldn't be a problem doing what it's doing, and it's actually a pretty solid mounting. Sorry about the dust. (not really) :cool:

@briscoetab it is certainly defective, it isn't working out of the box. But I think it's more than a one-off bad unit. I think there's a batch issue. No one I've talked to with newer units has an SD card that works. But I haven't talked to everyone with a newer one, of course.

They have made some detrimental decisions regarding their CS. In time, it won't pay off for the company. Historically, CS is high or the company sells off and becomes "cheap."

I am doing load development on 8 rifles and am tying to be done by Sept 1 (Hunts coming up). I don't like to do development through hunting season as I shoot where I hunt. I don't have a very local place to shoot, so I devote full days to shooting, but then have to go home to load more for retesting. I have a very extensive, very exact process that takes considerable rounds and time. In short, shooting time is valuable to me.

My startup screen does show those values you mentioned as the firmware model.

I got that new card today that is the exact model LR sales, so I'll try it tonight after some driving time.

Found this sight on evilBay IIRC.

103C4A30-6833-46A8-BE24-B672CCB39D9E.jpeg

@briscoetab it is certainly defective, it isn't working out of the box. But I think it's more than a one-off bad unit. I think there's a batch issue. No one I've talked to with newer units has an SD card that works. But I haven't talked to everyone with a newer one, of course.

They have made some detrimental decisions regarding their CS. In time, it won't pay off for the company. Historically, CS is high or the company sells off and becomes "cheap."

I am doing load development on 8 rifles and am tying to be done by Sept 1 (Hunts coming up). I don't like to do development through hunting season as I shoot where I hunt. I don't have a very local place to shoot, so I devote full days to shooting, but then have to go home to load more for retesting. I have a very extensive, very exact process that takes considerable rounds and time. In short, shooting time is valuable to me.

I got that new card today that is the exact model LR sales, so I'll try it tonight after some driving time.

I hope that fixes it for you. I really like mine, there was a definite learning curve but I’m pretty used to it now.

That stinks. Understandable why you need it and don’t want to send it in, I was just wondering. 8 rifles, that’s a lot to be doing load development at once for, good luck.

Reactions: Thor2j

I have a new one. SD card works fine.

Reactions: Srs72857285
I've seen a lot of posts about issues with these. I actually bought one 3-4 months ago off the px here. And it sucked. Issues with triggering so I got the trigger. Still had issues with it triggering. Has issues with the USB port not accepting a power pack. It was unusable. Honestly if I Didnt know they were all like this I would have raised an issue with the seller.

I ended up selling it with the understanding that I had issues. And...bought another one. Just to see. It was DEFINITELY the old unit. Not sure how old the other unit was but this second unit functions flawless. Always picks up the shot no matter where positioned. Both units were updated with the most recent firmware.

Anyway the moral of the story is they definitely made improvement over time. If you have a bad one it's more than likely old. I've seen a complete night and day difference on usability on the hardware side of things since they both were using the same software version.

I picked up a labradar from cabelas yesterday. Tried a 32 GB PNY SDHC and it worked fine - no blinking blue light and it arms when requested.

Just talked to Labradar customer service about the unit I sent back for repair (bad board - arming error). They got it in their hands last Friday, and they said they were waiting on one more small part before shipping it back to me this Friday (Monday at the latest). When I asked about what it would cost because it wasn't a warranty repair, they told me that they would take care of it. I can't ask for better CS than that!

Reactions: MarinePMI
i purchased my LabRadar a few months after it was released and I ts still going strong. Late last year was getting an error. I called them up and told them what was happening. They said replace the usb cable. After I replaced it it was working like a champ.

While following this thread, I've gone from wanting a LR to thinking they were terrible, to currently wanting one again. The POI issue worries me regarding the magnetospeed. Especially since I shoot exclusively with cans.

Just talked to Labradar customer service about the unit I sent back for repair (bad board - arming error). They got it in their hands last Friday, and they said they were waiting on one more small part before shipping it back to me this Friday (Monday at the latest). When I asked about what it would cost because it wasn't a warranty repair, they told me that they would take care of it. I can't ask for better CS than that!
Update: My unit came back today, less than two weeks from when the repair facility received it. It's all fixed, and everything works as it should including the SD slot. I don't know what all they did, but I couldn't be happier with their CS!

Last edited: