• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Labradar Opinions

I hope they setup the app to be able to control the interface from the phone/tablet. I checked their firmware and my unit was up to date when i checked. (updated from out the box)

Yes, he told me that you would be able to control the unit from the phone and you could review the data later without the labradar unit and some other stuff that of course I forgot.

Oh yea, they stated that there is no gen 2 or whatever unit all the current units will be able to do this with a firmware update.

Just an FYI on the Lab Radar. for the *.csv file, there's a folder "TRK" that shows details of each shot. on that file there's a column "SNR".

I couldn't figure out what the heck it is, so i wrote to Lab Radar. Here's their explanation, from Tom Mouser. (also mentioned the android app too)

"The android app is in its final stages of development, and should be ready for release any week now, we will send an email out to everyone who has registered their device on our website at www.mylabradar.com You can also check our Facebook page periodically to see if it has been released.

SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) The higher the number the stronger the signal. As the projectile move farther from the radar the signal gets weaker. When the signal becomes too weak there may be an error in the reported velocity. Weak signals could be caused by small projectiles, poor alignment or an unstable projectile.

Best regards,

Tom Mouser
TCK, LLC, Exclusive Distributor of Labradar"

I haven't registered my LabR yet with them, maybe i should do that...

Reactions: LastShot300
haven't heard anything...from my last post, it should be out by now. Hopefully they work out all the kinks. Hope the app runs well off my Pixel2, Nexus7 and Shield Tablet.

Just checked their website, and firmware version is still the same v1.1.5. nothing new yet. :( hope this is not vaporware

I hate micro USB. They brake often and wear out. I had much prefer mini-USB. USB-C should be the new standard

Reactions: rijndael
I love mine just wish bluetooth was released to enable and disable via phone so I don't have to keep getting up and down.

When they put it into their newsletter back in October I thought it may actually show up. Now I think it won't ever show up.

When they put it into their newsletter back in October I thought it may actually show up. Now I think it won't ever show up.
I agree. I have an iPhone so I have even less hope for an iOS version. I mean I just wish they offered a little remote like Phone Skope does that can control the shutter on your phone via bluetooth. If the Labradar already has bluetooth that is really the only feature of the app I would want anyways...just the arm and disarm feature. But such is life..... :)

I think the App is a smokescreen to keep sales going.
There have been so many people on different forums from around the world asking for it.
Labradar keep promising to deliver something which should have been available on launch.
If you use it with a Suppressor the LabRadar has to be forward of the end of the suppressor, so reaching forward for the controls when lying prone is a pain.
Dissapointed, I wish I hadn't sold my Magneto Speed V3.

fmjfirearms, you maybe right about the smokescreen and you are 100% correct that the app should have been released with the hardware.

The app is simply a remote control for the device its nothing ground breaking.

I agree it’s nothing more than the little remote that Phoneskope offers to run video on/off or take pics with your phone. Simple on/off via bluetooth shouldn’t be needed to reinvent the wheel certainly.

Personally, i think the bluetooth in the existing units is defective. That is why no app. They've had issues. This puts them in a bad position to actually do the app. If not that then its resources as the company is struggling.

Id definitely like to know what the holdup is on the app. They are giving the same BS responses on their fb page as well.

Don't buy one until/unless the bluetooth app is available. Pain in the rear from prone, for me, repositioning to reach the arm button.

Bought mine 4 months ago. Still no bluetooth app!

Just bought one. The Bluetooth issue wasn’t a concern to me. Tired of setting up my Ohler Chrono at public ranges. Since the Napa fires, I have been forced onto public ranges and this unit will give me the data that I need. Maybe the Canucks aren’t as good at the tech thing as they should be.

I keep a cleaning rod beside me when laying prone so I can hit the arm button.

Reactions: Dooby
I prefer external mic kit.. Trigger is more sensitive, no need to move device forward.
Genius...

Where do you put the microphone?
Are you shooting at a range with the mic on?

Also, with the external power pack, I set it to stay armed as long as possible. I didn't have to re arm it a lot.

Lab Radar posted a short video of their app on facebook. looks like it's running off an Ipad mini.

Had mines for a year now. Used it a lot, almost every range day which was almost every weekend. I log it around in the Labradar soft case. Never have a problem since. I say it’s a investment and a must if your reloader. And, or your just trying to get you SD and ES to a low number. With consistent numbers. Cause your very particular on your reloads
IMO, get one...

What are you guys using for an external battery source?

I use exactly what dimar linked. It last quite a while for me. Usually I'm not chronoing for a whole range session but I can definitely run it for a few range sessions no problem.

Ankers work well...pretty good for Chinese made brand. I'd recommend at least 20Kmah

I bought my labradar just over 2 years ago; some initial disappointment with it getting to record shots -- but moving the unit in line with the muzzle fixed that issue.
I use/like their softcase; I tend to keep the unit in the cab of my truck rather than bouncing around in the bed when driving on bumpy two-track roads to get to my shooting spot.
As a registered owner/email subscriber, I don't remember hearing anything from the manufacturer about the remote app until reading some recent NRA show news, so I re-registered my unit. Labrador answered my email and said they had changed websites, but that everybody's info/registration was carried over.
Lastly, if the remote app doesn't materialize, I was just wondering if a guy could find a way to use a camera shutter release cable with some kind of adapter to the Labradar to trigger the arm button while laying out of arms reach.

Reactions: waveslayer
The one I had was just too finicky for me. I got quite tired of fiddling with it. Magnetospeed for me.

I've been back and forth trying to decide between the Labradar or Magnetospeed V3. Finally decided on the Labradar & ordered today.......hope I chose wisely. The Magneto's price almost pulled me in, but in the end I wanted something that didn't strap on to my barrels, and after setting up, multiple guns could be shot in front of.

Do you have to have AA batteries in the unit even with a battery pack attached?

I suggest you don't do that. I tried using a 6000mAh attached with AA batteries in and it didn't work. The next time I went to power up the unit, no power. The AA batteries had leaked. Cleaned it up and it works fine now, though I haven't tried another battery pack. I'd say one power source or the other.

I prefer external mic kit.. Trigger is more sensitive, no need to move device forward.

When shooting subsonic 22lr, I put the unit back by the scope and the trigger mic on the end of a wood dowel or a green landscaping rod and duct tape that to my chassis. No muzzle/barrel interaction. Seems to work. A 308 with a BABC brake, no issues triggering from back by the scope.

The one I had was just too finicky for me. I got quite tired of fiddling with it. Magnetospeed for me.

On the Magneto versus the Labradar, to me it comes down to if you want just MV data and don't care where the bullets are going, versus being able to see what is happening with the bullet a little bit down range and no interference on accuracy/POI. The issue is that you really don't get enough distance data to be relevant for Centerfire larger rounds, and where it might be interesting for 22lr, the small bullet doesn't give very good tracking. There is also the issue with if you are at a public range and there are other guns going off.

If it had a wider envelope of operation- if you could just set it down and run and it consistently gave data- while you did your range time, that would be interesting. To me, it is too finicky- on triggering and tracking.

Mine works well with loud, braked 308 guns. Good triggering and good tracking. 22lr is another story. Lots of issues with tracking, getting data and only getting it out to 50 yards. I know, physics.

I have a real hard time aiming the damn thing. The notch is a joke. There is no way to confirm the aiming. They really need a laser or something a bit more exact.

If you are just looking for MV data, I'd just go with the magnetospeed, though that is the greener pasture since I haven't tried one yet. The Labradar nails the gadget seeking, gear obsession. The only thing cooler than lasers is radar. The data available is cool to play with.

If you do get a Labradar, get a mount that is stable enough that when pressing buttons, you don't push it off target.

(Is there a best setting for the 'delay'? I think mine is at 250ms?)

I have had a labradar for a short time. I think it is great, does it have quirks? yes it does but it works. I have just for the fuck of it turned it on on a small tripod next to me and fired around 70 rounds from 2 rifles at various steel targets from 300yards to 820yards and it recorded most all of them. I did not look at the crono after every shot.

When shooting rimfire I set the trigger to Doppler and it worked just fine.

I would tend to believe that the magnetospeed would be more accurate for MV as the Labradar has to calculate MV based on downrange data but you have to strap that thing on.

To each his own, that's why they make blonds, brunets, redheads and those crazy girls with purple hair.

And when the hell is that Labradar app coming out.

There are several threads here about accessories and tips / tricks for the Labradar chronos.
Spend a few minutes looking those threads, there’s a lot of good info

I like the Labradar and I have found it easer to use once I read through the instructions than the Magneto which I sold. I also bought their USB Battery Bank works great and I believe you can get that free now when you buy direct from Labradar.

I've had good results with the Labradar. Suppressed, muzzle break, etc have all worked well. Using it with a suppressor takes a few rounds to find the sweet spot (for me its 2 inches to the side and 2 inches in front of the suppressor). I have even used it on a rainy day shooting from a covered bench and no problems. The data has been right on.

The app is now available. Need to install new firmware v1.2.0

Anyone have issues with the Labradar all of a sudden not reading SD cards? It would work and save data before (I used it about a two months ago, been on the shelf in the case ever since). It no longer does. I've tried two different SDHC cards (Kingston 8gb and a SanDisk 16gb - both formatted FAT32). A laptop with an SD card reader can see read/write on the two cards as well as other devices such as digital cameras.

Edit: June 18, 2018 - Problem solved. One of the contact points in the SD card slot was depressed. I had to use a pick to pop it back to normal position.

Last edited:
App is working. i don't particularly like the interface (GUI), but its nice to not have to reach for the radar while shooting. I'm using this on the smaller Pixel2 phone. a little glitchy, it'll crash and close the app every now and then.

one thing, if it doesn't connect with bluetooth, i've had to manually turn off the Radar and power it back on.

Swipe from the left will bring up "settings" menu.