• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lancaster Arms AK47

christian77

Sergeant
Minuteman
Anyone have one of these AKs and if so....thoughts? I've concluded that I should own an AK for whatever reason and this one looks decent. I don't need a thoroughbread AK since I'll probably rarely shoot it but I don't want a WASR-10 or something that'll fall apart on me either.

Here is the Lancaster Arms AK:
pix2245568921.jpg

http://lancasterarms.com/NEW%20STANDARD%20RIFLE.html

Re: Lancaster Arms AK47

Handled one and it seemed like a quality build. No dice getting to shoot it but fit and finish were nice. Didn't give me that unclean feeling like handling a WASR....

I've played with a few of them and they were all nicely put together and shot pretty well for what they are. I wouldn't have a problem buying one myself.

Dont know anything about them but man are they proud of them.I just cant bring myself to spend as much on an AK as an AR.A friend of mine builds them and there isnt much to it.

I owned one and they are nice, solid guns. I recently sold it to fund another project.

They assemble them local here and use the thicker , 1.5 mm IIRC , receivers . The parts kits they were using when they were first released were much better than the ones there using now .
Something wrong with paying 9 bills for an AK . For that kind of money I'd look at Arsenal or Krebs .

Even though the Arsenals had some problems with canted sights in the past.....Id sooner get an Arsenal 107f, 107fr, or 107cr for that price.

Id go here.. www.theakforum.net and read up before dropping that kind of coin. Henderson defense used to make some really, really nice side folders out of Romy G kits before the craze hit. They still sell some Romy kits that they check out to make sure they are GTG before selling. They call them "certified". For around 500 bucks... I dont think you can go wrong. http://shop.hendersondefense.biz/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have one of these AKs and if so....thoughts? I've concluded that I should own an AK for whatever reason and this one looks decent. I don't need a thoroughbread AK since I'll probably rarely shoot it but I don't want a WASR-10 or something that'll fall apart on me either.

Here is the Lancaster Arms AK:
pix2245568921.jpg

http://lancasterarms.com/NEW%20STANDARD%20RIFLE.html</div></div>

You will be glad you went for a parts built rifle over the wasr10. These are built from Romanian or similar and are much more refined. Both will get the job done and neither will fall apart on you.

DK,

I have a friend that is a O-4 in the mens dept of the Navy that has a killer AK.

If you want his info PM me.

This one is worth your time
wink.gif

John

too pricey, get arsenal, used or new if you wanna spend that kind of dough. a good dealer for ak's to take a gander at though is atlantic firearms.

I'm shocked at what these things sell for now. I met the guy running the show at Lancaster. He wanted to trade me my sig p239 for a romy g. Ihad 3 at the time so isaid no, but at 900 a pop I feel like a Jack ass. Those Lancaster romy g rifles are well made but it's a freaking romy g. A polish underfolder for 900 is even too much in my book.

check into Henderson Defense.

their WASR's aren't the ones you hear horror stories about; they take the time to go over each one and fix any cant, make sure there's no issues with them whatsoever.

and they're far less spendy than lancaster's overpriced (IMO) stuff.