• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Lapua's New 136gr 6.5 Scenar

Don't even have a 6.5 running except my .260 which would be a waste as it's a hunting rig not set up for range. Though that could change.. I'll be looking for deals though 31$ per 100 is a great deal. I'll have to start keeping an eye out for bulk deals like that.

Good work Gunny. looks like another winner bullet in the 6.5mm category. i was shooting 6.5-08 years back and enjoyed it but in that time there were very few bullets to compete with in 6.5mm. you need to get it on a chronograph before you work up loads. i have found bullets have a sweet spot and sometimes faster is not better. if it groups well like it is, be thankful. I doubt gravity will let it shoot flatter as ranges increases though..

good shootin' brother

Another thing, this is the only load I have that does not match up in quick load.

Not that it matters, I know it's just a calculator and I believe the G7 is right on the money. It seems like others were getting the same speeds w/ similar charges.

So no one has to search here is my load data.

25 inch 6.5 Creedmoor 8 twist.
43.1 H4350
2.765 OAL
2940 FPS
.274 G7

1000 yards 7.6 mils
1300 yards 13 mils
1500 yards 17 mils.

Loaded some up with 61.0 H1000 for my 6.5 SAUM. Will see how they do next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been shooting the 136 Ls as purchased loaded from SWA since November last year. About 1000 rounds so far. MVs from my 26" 1:8 barrel avg. 2770 fps. Using the published G7 BC of .274 in my simple non-AB Ballistic app nets me dead-on elevations out to 1200 yds. so far. Compared to you guys hand loading yours, using top-notch ballistic software and kestrel inputs, I'm a neanderthal, but I do know that these bullets work very well every time I pull the trigger and they have not disappointed, even at the slow crawl at which I'm sending them downrange.

Plus, I'm shooting them with a relatively short OAL that easily fits my AI AW mags, so I assume that they are very forgiving in the jump to lands department. Maybe I shouldn't be saying anything, as I don't want supply to dry up and price to go up...

Another thing, this is the only load I have that does not match up in quick load.

Not that it matters, I know it's just a calculator and I believe the G7 is right on the money. It seems like others were getting the same speeds w/ similar charges.

So no one has to search here is my load data.

25 inch 6.5 Creedmoor 8 twist.
43.1 H4350
2.765 OAL
2940 FPS
.274 G7

1000 yards 7.6 mils
1300 yards 13 mils
1500 yards 17 mils.

You have another video where you're shooting the Berger 140 Hybrid's at 1690. Which one do you find more consistent at long range? Also, you seem to get more velocity out of the Lapua 136L. Any reason, or are you just loading them hotter?

Last edited:
Is 1040fps still supersonic where youre at? Im guessing they transition purty dang good. They just might turn out to be some purty dang good ammo.

Last edited:
After reading this post, I jumped on a box of the 136Ls. I'm running a 12lb creedmoor. With 40.5 gr of h4350 in a 28" barrel its pushing around 2835fps. I need close to 8 mils to 1000 yards. My first ever sub .2 moa group at 100 yards. They don't seem to be depth sensitive either.

Do you guys still use close to .600 for BC? That's what I'm running in Litz's program and my numbers match up the best with that.
either that or I'm a lot faster

Kalidark,
I've found that using the G7 BC works better for me after 800 yds or so, using the 136Ls. I am using them in a .260 though, so your results may vary.

edit: I just noticed that suppliers have increased prices on the bullets quite a bit. Sheesh! $45 per 100 is a bit steep, don't you think?

Last edited:
I think I paid around 420$ for 1000 at the start of the summer. Nothing is cheap any more. They were close bergers which is what I was using before.
Most of my shooting is between 850 to 1000 and I liked the idea of the consistent meplats and weights. Im at 2.820" and they work great from a mag system. First round hits on 6" steel at 900 yards always gives me that tingly feeling too.

Ryan any report on the BC after you pointed them? Is it worth it?

If you guys get me good environmental data, a good muzzle velocity, and the drop at a few ranges, I'll back calculate the BC for you.

You could always guinea pig the 120 Scenar L's for us... They're $314/1000 on Midway right now.

I shot close to 1,000 of the 120s in my 6.5x47 L. 22" bartlein HV that I fluted myself. I basically stumbled on my load. I bought these bc they were the only 6.5 bullets I could find in stock at the time. I am running CCI 450, and Varget, .018" off the lands. 38.0 gets me 2880 fps when the barrel was new. I suspect it has sped up some and will find out tomorrow when I chorno it again. They are not depth sensitive, and seem to have a giant node in Varget. All the loads shot like a dream- my load development target had five shot 100 yard groups from .199-.351". Still haven't punched the bore- I'm afraid to screw anything up. I bought another 4,000.

I found this thread bc I want to try the 136 I have- but frankly, that 120 is a hammer and I rarely shoot past 620 yards.

Last edited:
Just got some of these. Excited to try them out as my rifle just wont shoot 140s well. Glad that it seems to like a bit of jump to. Sick of having my rounds rub in my mag.

photo50556.jpg Adding to the thread. Not long range but they work well on antelopes!

Last edited:
I'm still shooting them on my .260. Toasted my first barrel after over 4400 rounds and am well into the second one. These are easy to find a load for and just shoot for me. It helps that they are not the latest thing and are always available, but then I buy 1000 at a time, so...

Good morning ladies I've been shooting white tail deer for a week shot 6 so far and there's a week to go most shots were from 3 to 5 hundred yards and the 136 scenarL preformed outstanding out of my custom 260 great bullet