• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Larue OBR here

Herd Thinner

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2013
Pittsburgh PA
Its official, after one year and five days my 16 Inch LaRue Tactical OBR, Optimized Battle Rifle, in 7.62 with Magpul CTR Mil-Spec Stock is complete. I have so many goodies to add to it. Hurry up UPS.

I am waiting for the tracking number to be updated. I think it should be here Friday or Saturday. The FFL always holds it a day usually. So Friday, Monday, or Tuesday.

So, with all the "stuff" going on regarding barrels, which barrel did you end up with? Match, field grade, etc...? Just curious.

Well I have shot an OBR only once but it was a very sweet shooting rifle, it was accurate, reliable, and well balanced rifle that was also top notch quality. Many people don't much like Mark, but all will agree that LT puts out fine weapons congrats and have fun.

My TOBR came with the field grade and its been fantastic. The match grades came out not long after and I doubt there is much if any difference at least in my case.

They are currently making barrels. Problem is they are trying to push evryone to 16 inch. Lucky for me i had that length ordered anyway. Looking back I should have opted for 18 but to late now. I know Mark has a bad rep, not sure why. Just so my rifle is bad ass and deadly it is what it is. Today I have the glass coming for it. Updated UPS is the rifle will be here Monday. I should go hijack the truck to get it sooner.

Thats beacuse most everyone cannceled their OBR order and bought a GAP/MWS/JP

Just my luck. Two packages from Larue shipped. One the rifle and package two the hat, sticker, and dilly dust. Both leave, both go through Mesquite, TX. They separate into two different trucks. The rifle leaves first. The second package is about 3 miles from my house. I will have it tomorrow. The rifle Mesquite, TX, United State 02/08/2014 2:00 A.M.Network disruption due to prior weather conditions. UPS has no update. Only I have this luck. WTF.

Only 1 year? Not bad. My coworker's came in a month ago, which was right at 18 months.

Oh, and his field grade barrel is awesome. It will almost hang with my DPMS LR308. :p

Congrats on the gun though, the fit and finish is like no other AR I've put my hands on. Post some groups when you get it running!

OBR's are quality rifles I've been in a few compititions where they have taken 1st place. They have won a few times in the army's sniper challenge as well.

OBR's are quality rifles I've been in a few compititions where they have taken 1st place. They have won a few times in the army's sniper challenge as well.

You could put any rifle into that teams hands and the results wouldn't have changed.

Its official, after one year and five days my 16 Inch LaRue Tactical OBR, Optimized Battle Rifle, in 7.62 with Magpul CTR Mil-Spec Stock is complete. I have so many goodies to add to it. Hurry up UPS.

Congratulations Herd Thinner! My Larue PredatObr 7.62, 16" arrived today after a 10 month wait. Looking forward to seeing pics of your setup.

OK here is Launa after one year and 8 days she finally came home and today was the first chance after surgery I got to play with her.
- 16 Inch Larue Tactical OBR with match barrel 7.62
- Magpul CTR Mil-Spec Stock
- Night Force 3.5-15 x 50 F1 NXS MLR2.0
- SPUHR: 30mm Cantilever Mount 6MIL/20.6MOA - 1.46"
- Leupold Deltapoint 7.5 moa
- Extended Bolt Release v2 .308
- Accu-Shot Mono Pod with LaRue Tactical POD (Prone Optimization Device)
- Harris Bipod BRM-S and LT706 QD Swivel Mount Combo
- Vtac Sling (Viking Tactics)
- 762-SDN-6 Fast-attach 7.62mm silencer with 51T Flash Hider

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s346.photobucket.com/user/HerdThinner1/embed/slideshow/Larue%20OBR-%20Launa"></iframe>

Last edited:
Conrats on receiving your rifle. I love my Tobr. Am I reading it right in this thread that Larue has now produced and is distributing the match grade barrels? I've got a coupon here that begs to be turned in….

They are producing there own barrels now. From what i was told they are shipping out orders to catch up then they will fill the coupon orders. They are pushing everyone to 16 inch though. Limited amounts of 18 and 20.

What's the physical difference between match grade and field grade? Obviously the match grade should shoot better as the name implies, but what criteria do they use to differentiate?

Congrats. I just had to cancel my over 16in. Ordered Jan 2012 and got emailed a couple weeks ago it was ready. Too bad I bought a slick side Mws that I'm still paying off. Love the Mws though