• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

OBR 7.62 and non-Larue Suppressors

So the gun ran for testing but the bolt not locking back is an issue now that I have it in the shop and can see it.
The bolt catch is grabbing the carrier and not the bolt. If I take the buffer spring out, the buffer + the bcg will just clear the catch. With the spring in, the whole system is too long by about the width of the lugs. Anyone know if there are different ends for the heavy buffers? Any other thoughts?

Take the spring and buffer out, measure the internal length of the receiver extension.

Rifle Extension - 9 -11/16"

A5 Extension - 7- 5/8"

Carbine Extension - 6 - 15/16"

Correct me if I'm wrong on these

Last edited:
Take the spring and buffer out, measure the internal length of the receiver extension.

Rifle Extension - 9 -11/16"

A5 Extension - 7- 5/8"

Carbine Extension - 6 - 15/16"

Correct me if I'm wrong on these
It’s 9-11/16”. It came with a carbine spacer that I was able to get out of the tube. When I measure the bcg, with the bolt extended, and the heavy buffer together I get 14”. That’s also the exact distance I got measuring from the bolt catch to the back of the tube so there is little room for error. When I put it all back together the bolt is 1/4” beyond the catch when I bottom it out in the buffer tube, with the buffer and spring in.
Talked to Slash and unless anyone has a stroke of genius, I’m going to trim the plastic end of the buffer down until I can get it to catch.

You will want your adjustments of buffer system spacers such that the rear of the carrier key will maintain ~1/8" clearance ("the 2-quarter coin spacing") on full rear travel of the bolt, between it and the face of the receiver extension. This will usually provide proper bolt lock up on empty magazines and keep the receiver extension from being beat to hell, but more importantly the carrier key does not loosen or fracture its retaining screws. Also, make sure your buffer spring completely compressed (it's solid compression height) is slightly longer than the buffer you are using).

I just fabricated a delrin spacer for an 11.3" WC 6.8 SPC II to run a JP SCPS and lock back properly; also had to fabricate a correct length spacer for 14.5" KAC ACC using the JP system. Both with Law Tactical folder adapters installed.

IMG_9988Wilson Combat 6.8 SPC 2 JP SCSS  LawH2 Delrin Spacer Fabrication 02.17.24 copy.jpg
IMG_9982Wilson Combat 6.8 SPC 2 JP SCSS  LawH2 Delrin Spacer Fabrication 02.17.24 copy.jpg
IMG_9975Wilson Combat 6.8 SPC 2 JP SCSS  LawH2 Delrin Spacer Fabrication 02.17.24 copy.jpg
IMG_9976Wilson Combat 6.8 SPC 2 JP SCSS  LawH2 Delrin Spacer Fabrication 02.17.24 copy.jpg
IMG_9980Wilson Combat 6.8 SPC 2 JP SCSS  LawH2 Delrin Spacer Fabrication 02.17.24 copy.jpg

Reactions: Xferbuckeye
Are there spacers stuck inside the tube still?

If you haven't messed with the gun, this clearance issue shouldn't be happening.

I think I finally figured it out and feel like a complete idiot. Slash tipped me off to check this and the screw for the PRS stock is the culprit.

Last edited:
Pic isn’t the best but the screw, buffer, and bcg together put the components exactly the length past the catch that I measured.
Time for a hacksaw and back to the range.

OMG.

....but I'm glad you figured it out :D it should run now is my guess.

Appreciate the help! For having its ass kicked by a dollar screw, this hoss of a rifle better run like a top!

Reactions: mettee
I was thinking to post and ask you to take a pic of everything laid out...are you going to cut some off the screw?

Shoot some groups for us next time your out.

Well it worked. I cut the screw with a hacksaw to about .6”. Gun ran great for about 75rnds then I had to swab gunk out of the chamber to keep it extracting. Not too disappointed I guess. Did a little load development and it likes 41.7gr and 42.6gr of Imr 4064. Good enough groups to work into a solid load.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    572.9 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: mettee
Just FYI, TBAC U7/9 CB suppressors work perfectly with the LaRue Tranquilo factory brake.

Reactions: Xferbuckeye