• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Larue Siete available to order

That stock is what happens when brothers and sisters fuck.

Their stocks just work, arent flimsy like some from larger players in the industry and frankly just work.....I've misused and abused several of them for years......

Might not have been my first choice for a precision bolt action but it also provides folks with lots of options to change it out if they want to due to buffer tube mounting.

First post from an average shooter and a review of the Larue Siete (+ Leupold 5-25x56). (Zero affiliation)

Cons - I am not sure why the stock folds opposite the bolt, not a lot of adjustment to the not so pretty stock.

Pros - Once you get everything set for you it is a very comfortable rifle, makes me a better shooter than I actually am.

Broke in the barrel with 20 rounds (standardized on Hornady 140 ELDM 6.5 CM) had 2 groups just under 1/2 moa and 2 groups right at 1/4 moa.

Shot last weekend out to 1500 yards and very accurate. I cannot tell you the rifle moa accuracy at range as I am not that good, but 900-1000 yards 100% hits (after correction) on a 24” metal plate, 1500 yards 75% hits on a 48” plate. (12-15 mph winds at 7-7:30)

I am sure in competent hands it is a very nice rifle.

YMMV

Reactions: jh2785
First post from an average shooter and a review of the Larue Siete (+ Leupold 5-25x56). (Zero affiliation)

Cons - I am not sure why the stock folds opposite the bolt, not a lot of adjustment to the not so pretty stock.

Pros - Once you get everything set for you it is a very comfortable rifle, makes me a better shooter than I actually am.

Broke in the barrel with 20 rounds (standardized on Hornady 140 ELDM 6.5 CM) had 2 groups just under 1/2 moa and 2 groups right at 1/4 moa.

Shot last weekend out to 1500 yards and very accurate. I cannot tell you the rifle moa accuracy at range as I am not that good, but 900-1000 yards 100% hits (after correction) on a 24” metal plate, 1500 yards 75% hits on a 48” plate. (12-15 mph winds at 7-7:30)

I am sure in competent hands it is a very nice rifle.

YMMV
Dude the rifle is a joke. Period. It’s 10+ years behind basic advancements in bolt actions.

DvlDog - Getting consistent hits on a 2' plate at 1000 yards is good shooting, particularly in variable wind. I've shot out to 1000 about a dozen times and in my experience, once you get past about 7-800 yards, things can get challenging - particularly in less than ideal conditions. Never gone out to 1500, but I have to believe it gets even tougher.

And glad you like the LaRue. As I said in an earlier post, I have a couple of their uppers and a bunch of their triggers and am something of a fan boy. Waited patiently for years for the Siete, but decided to take a pass when they eventually released it. The ability to switch barrels really isn't a big feature for me. And I just couldn't see myself getting along with that stock. Lack of a LH option was a final deal breaker for me, particularly when there are solid LH options in the Siete's price range. While I have a couple of RH bolt guns, as a lefty a LH action just works better for me. But glad the Siete is working for you.