• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Law enforcement disrespect

Re: Law enforcement disrespect

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you ever had to fight a cow that had been snorting coke or smoking crack all day?

Or a cow that just beat the shit out of his old lady, the old lady then refuses to press charges and tells everyone that the cops won't do anything?

Going out and finding a dead 15 month old cow is probably a little different than going to a call in reference to an unresponsive 15 month old baby.

Yeah, you're probably right.
Cows and people are the same.</div></div>

You are a fucking illiterate dumbass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: athhud</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Police are not in the buisness of making people happy. </div></div>

Yes, they are.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If they do thier job right, in many cases, someone will not be happy.</div></div>

But society as a whole will be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Thats not the imposing of ones will. Thats the will of society. </div></div>

When the job is done according to the law this is absolutely true. I've never said otherwise.

Someone voted for the laws, which means somone wanted them. Dont want them? Find a way to get the majority on your side and get rid of them. </div></div>

The law isn't the issue for most. It is the fact that the enforcers of the law do not follow it, that brings this entire issue to realm.

I really feel like a broken record saying that). </div></div>

I thought it was just me. I'm not even sure who you are arguing these points with. I haven't noticed anyone here complain about a LEO upholding the law in a professional manner.

Furthermore, none of the officers on here (or anywhere) are in anyway shape or form accountable for wrong doing another officer does. We get just as frustrated if we see them walk or get off easy. We have just as much authority over the issue as a guy selling cows.</div></div>

This couldn't be further from the truth. While you are not accountable for the actions of others, you do have the authority to uphold the law. Technically I am suppose to have a certain degree of authority, but I get the feeling that the attempted citizen's arrest of a LEO would prove otherwise. </div></div>

athhud, your right, LEO's are corrupt. You should flee the country immediately and go to Mexico while you have a chance, where the cartels keep those pesky police in check.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What you are seeing in that specific instance is the result of poor parenting - and has little to do with your career field.

You have picked up on the larger issue though...and that is that law enforcement is not held in the esteem that it once was. I think there are two main reasons why this is happening.

1. The minor reason is that there is more media scrutiny of police corruption, so bad cops are more likely to be outed. Youtube, cell phone cameras, and an media insatiable for scandal create plenty of opportunity to expose the small percentage of officers who are in it for the wrong reasons. They may also be a few more of those than there used to be since our entire society seems to be in moral decline.

2. The major reason is that cops, being the literal face of government force, are experiencing pushback from citizens who are sick and tired of countless government intrusions and offenses against liberty.

-We are tired of ridiculous rules concerning every asinine detail of our lives.

-We are tired of getting wrung out for every dollar and cent so that a bureaucrat can empower himself by spending my own money against me

-We are tired of the near continuous stream of rules and regulations that have become so thick we can hardly even see the Constitution anymore.

-We are tired of a government that, by ignoring the Constitution, has taken the freest and most prosperous people on the planet to bankruptcy, corruption, and eventual tyranny.

Cops, other than being voters like the rest of us, had little to do with any of that, but the thing is they signed up to enforce the will of that very same government so unpopular right now. That is not a recipe for being well liked. The military also executes government power but mostly escapes criticism because it's force is wielded against others (though that is already changing).

Police officers by job description execute force against us, and are enforcing increasingly unpopular and un-Constitutional law. I think this will get worse before it gets better, IF it gets better. I believe there will soon come a time for police officers when the law will become so un-American that they will have to choose whether they will maintain their oath by resigning or refusing orders, or whether they will subjugate liberty to their own self interest. Our legislature has already chosen the latter, therefore this crisis of conscience looms on the horizon for all law enforcement officers of integrity. If we are to preserve liberty without violence in this country, we need our best and most upright men and women in law enforcement. There are tough choices and rough seas ahead. Godspeed to you sir, there is a lot riding on your career and your choices.
</div></div>

Well said my KY brother.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: klf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What you are seeing in that specific instance is the result of poor parenting - and has little to do with your career field.

You have picked up on the larger issue though...and that is that law enforcement is not held in the esteem that it once was. I think there are two main reasons why this is happening.

1. The minor reason is that there is more media scrutiny of police corruption, so bad cops are more likely to be outed. Youtube, cell phone cameras, and an media insatiable for scandal create plenty of opportunity to expose the small percentage of officers who are in it for the wrong reasons. They may also be a few more of those than there used to be since our entire society seems to be in moral decline.

2. The major reason is that cops, being the literal face of government force, are experiencing pushback from citizens who are sick and tired of countless government intrusions and offenses against liberty.

-We are tired of ridiculous rules concerning every asinine detail of our lives.

-We are tired of getting wrung out for every dollar and cent so that a bureaucrat can empower himself by spending my own money against me

-We are tired of the near continuous stream of rules and regulations that have become so thick we can hardly even see the Constitution anymore.

-We are tired of a government that, by ignoring the Constitution, has taken the freest and most prosperous people on the planet to bankruptcy, corruption, and eventual tyranny.

Cops, other than being voters like the rest of us, had little to do with any of that, but the thing is they signed up to enforce the will of that very same government so unpopular right now. That is not a recipe for being well liked. The military also executes government power but mostly escapes criticism because it's force is wielded against others (though that is already changing).

Police officers by job description execute force against us, and are enforcing increasingly unpopular and un-Constitutional law. I think this will get worse before it gets better, IF it gets better. I believe there will soon come a time for police officers when the law will become so un-American that they will have to choose whether they will maintain their oath by resigning or refusing orders, or whether they will subjugate liberty to their own self interest. Our legislature has already chosen the latter, therefore this crisis of conscience looms on the horizon for all law enforcement officers of integrity. If we are to preserve liberty without violence in this country, we need our best and most upright men and women in law enforcement. There are tough choices and rough seas ahead. Godspeed to you sir, there is a lot riding on your career and your choices.
</div></div>

Well said my KY brother. </div></div>

OUTSTANDING SUMMARIZATION!!!!

To the LEO's out there...

I was driving one day, no one on the road except me and I approached a vehicle that was oncoming (2 lane road.)

It happened to be a state police vehicle, and like I always do, I waved at the guy as I passed him. As he passed I looked in my rear view mirror and the LEO flicked his pursuit lights on for about 2 seconds and continued on his way.

I got a good hearty laugh out of the situation; but, is that normal? Do LEO's normally do stuff like that as a joke?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aur0ra145</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do LEO's normally do stuff like that as a joke? </div></div>No. It's usually prohibited by department policy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: athhud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You are a fucking illiterate dumbass. </div></div>

Words of wisdom from the cow whisperer

F<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aur0ra145</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To the LEO's out there...

I was driving one day, no one on the road except me and I approached a vehicle that was oncoming (2 lane road.)

It happened to be a state police vehicle, and like I always do, I waved at the guy as I passed him. As he passed I looked in my rear view mirror and the LEO flicked his pursuit lights on for about 2 seconds and continued on his way.

I got a good hearty laugh out of the situation; but, is that normal? Do LEO's normally do stuff like that as a joke? </div></div>

Probably his way of waving back/returning your greeting. A chirp of the siren or a flicker of the overheads acknowledging that he saw your wave and is returning the gesture. Simple. No need to read into it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">F<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aur0ra145</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To the LEO's out there...

I got a good hearty laugh out of the situation; but, is that normal? Do LEO's normally do stuff like that as a joke? </div></div>

Probably his way of waving back/returning your greeting. A chirp of the siren or a flicker of the overheads acknowledging that he saw your wave and is returning the gesture. Simple. No need to read into it. </div></div>

+1... It's like a Trucker flashing his lights to say thank you... You should feel complimented by it...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">F<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aur0ra145</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To the LEO's out there...

Probably his way of waving back/returning your greeting. A chirp of the siren or a flicker of the overheads acknowledging that he saw your wave and is returning the gesture. Simple. No need to read into it. </div></div>

+1... It's like a Trucker flashing his lights to say thank you... You should feel complimented by it... </div></div>

A Double Tap on the Brake Lights is another way of communication as a "Hi" or "Acknowledgement". And you should accept it as a compliment, not because "they're" so damn special, or anyone else for that matter, it's just not an all too common gesture, yet appreciated by all.

This has been a good thread that both sides weigh in on,[and no I am not speaking of "Power Rings."
It is getting "Long in the Tooth."
I hope someone besides me opens a "New" thread and carries it forth.
Too many pages to look at as to how things are going.
Regards, FM

Too many things are copied over and that makes the thread hard to look at, although, some things need to be brought up again, and that is good.
I hate reading the same-same over and over again.
Regards, FM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Too many things are copied over and that makes the thread hard to look at,</div></div>

Spoken by the one paragraph man.

Man, today was Fuckin A priceless! Rolling out the neighborhood at a nice sedate, legally posted 20MPH on the Sporty. She was blipping a nice 2300rpm cam idle as one of my LEO neighbors passed. I nod, and he looks out the window and asks,"Will it wheelie?" I couldn't resist, so I dumped it and whacked first real hard. Yeah, she wheelies. AS I looked back I saw a huge smile looking back.
He rides a big white bagger. I dont think it wheelies
laugh.gif

I hope none of the neighbor ladies saw it either because we will both be in trouble

The 'system' is not just imperfect...it is corrupt through and through.

its so funny how all the folks who say fuck the police ect are the very first ones who call them like lil girls when the boogers at there door.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: donniedee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its so funny how all the folks who say fuck the police ect are the very first ones who call them like lil girls when the boogers at there door. </div></div>

LMAO
smile.gif
Armed or not, when you think you're "ALL THAT" and you're out numbered 20-1, 50-1, hell even 3-1 and you're getting your ass handed to you whose GONNA be your back-up? Some guy with his wife in the parking lot pushing the shopping cart? Nope. Nobody. Just the fucking Cops. Sad they'd take one for a Douche they don't even know. Hmmmmmm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1J04</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: donniedee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its so funny how all the folks who say fuck the police ect are the very first ones who call them like lil girls when the boogers at there door. </div></div>

LMAO
smile.gif
Armed or not, when you think you're "ALL THAT" and you're out numbered 20-1, 50-1, hell even 3-1 and you're getting your ass handed to you whose GONNA be your back-up? Some guy with his wife in the parking lot pushing the shopping cart? Nope. Nobody. Just the fucking Cops. Sad they'd take one for a Douche they don't even know. Hmmmmmm </div></div>

Nah, they won't have anyone's back, they will only be there to enforce the law and thereby do their job. The sad thing is that many LEO are true men who WOULD place themselves in harms way to protect an enema nozzle.
Around here, many of the 'people' are Soldiers, and Vet's. Funny thing is, We DO have each others backs. Some asshole/s decide to cause mayhem, well, there are always more regulation cuts and 'longhairs' that will step right in and do what needs to be done AND some will even wait for the cops to get there...yeah, others leave after the fun and just fade away into the crowd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1J04</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: donniedee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its so funny how all the folks who say fuck the police ect are the very first ones who call them like lil girls when the boogers at there door. </div></div>

LMAO
smile.gif
Armed or not, when you think you're "ALL THAT" and you're out numbered 20-1, 50-1, hell even 3-1 and you're getting your ass handed to you whose GONNA be your back-up? Some guy with his wife in the parking lot pushing the shopping cart? Nope. Nobody. Just the fucking Cops. Sad they'd take one for a Douche they don't even know. Hmmmmmm </div></div>

Nah, they won't have anyone's back, they will only be there to enforce the law and thereby do their job. The sad thing is that many LEO are true men who WOULD place themselves in harms way to protect an enema nozzle.
Around here, many of the 'people' are Soldiers, and Vet's. Funny thing is, We DO have each others backs. Some asshole/s decide to cause mayhem, well, there are always more regulation cuts and 'longhairs' that will step right in and do what needs to be done AND some will even wait for the cops to get there...yeah, others leave after the fun and just fade away into the crowd</div></div>

Isn't that crazy? Military, LEO, and just good ole Bob from down the street willing to do what's right. Then have some #6 Douche Nozzle talk'm down and make'm the blunt of their pathetic life. Sickening. Well, we'll just keep on serving so these idiots can keep on spouting off with no reprisal. Must be a hellavu life being perfect, I'm jealous.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: donniedee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its so funny how <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">all</span></span> the folks who say fuck the police ect are the very first ones who call them like lil girls when the boogers at there door. </div></div>

That's a pretty big brush you're painting with.

People who think cops are here to protect them are wrong. No one has a constitutional right to police protection. THAT is upon yourself. Enforce the law. THAT is a policeman's job. WE, however, know that there are many who wear the bronze who will do the right thing when it needs to be done, give their lives to protect others not because of badge or job, but because we, WE, ALL share that same noble spirit of selfless service to others. It is in that one respect that LEO, Military, and Veteran alike are the same(this does extend to aa few other civilians as well, but not many). I am certain there are a few other behaviors that we all share, but that is the one that appears to me to be the highest on the list.
As to calling cops, not me. Panty 6 on the other hand, no problem. Me, I would prefer to handle my own affairs and take care of my own business. If I get my ass kicked in the process, so be it, I still ain't callin. It's not about the cops, it IS about doing it myself and doing it alone with no help