• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Law enforcement disrespect

Re: Law enforcement disrespect

Had a Sgt Major in the Alaska National Guard. He was wearing Master Blaster Wings, CIB and bunch ribbons.

He pissed off a young young paratrooper in my unit who was dating a girl who worked in G1, enlisted records. Upon checking found this idot was a rigger, never left the country when he was on active duty.

This was our group SGM. He hung around until he was shamed in leaving the AK NG. But on his way out, he ripped off the Unit Fund.

So along the same lines of this Cop Bashing Topic, All SGMs are bad.

Nope, the boy had marks on his wrist the rest of the night just as she did, and both were scruffed up from the concrete. That venom has tried to go away for a long time, but there are there are always things that remind me of it.
As to 'more than meets the eye': 'Joe's' OL was 50 pounds heavier and had short red hair, and no kids. 'Billy' was to joe a friend of a friend who knew a guy. 'Joe', me, and five others hung out, shot together and two of us were NG together. Before that single incident, I had no beef with cops. My brother on the other hand, was the one who ripped throttle in the rain, and shot Albritten(then a bike cop) in the face with a bored out V Dub stinger pipe full of black shit. My entire history with LEO prior to that, was speeding tickets...no big deal
When YOU see the only family you have, scruffed up and locked up for something they have nothing to do with, you would get really pissed too.

The court case for 'Joe', regarding the 'offer for sale of a full auto(illegal) assault rifle':
As I was the Marksmanship coordinator for my unit, knew firearms, specifically these firearms, I was called as expert to offer testimony to show the differences between Model B, Model A, and aftermarket parts. The case was stopped the first day in the second hour when witness statements showed that not only was Albritten lieing through his teeth, and that the DEA was misled by Abritten(we were desiring meth for a dozen 1200rpm converted Uzi's), but it was stopped because the local LEO involved had not only behaved very badly, they had done nothing short of manufacture a crime. It was thrown out, and Joe, me, and the rest of us received our Uzi's back from local PD within two days(5 total, not the dozen of full auto conversions). Apparantly this billy dude had told one hell of a story because someone told him that joe had an uzi for sale and could get a lot more where that came from.(the five of us had taken a weekend and gone to a gun show in Oakland at the Cow Palace and bought our's there a few month's before the ban was passed. Investments in the future was our thoughts). In all, 5 Uzi Model B's, semi automatic, not converted, were found. These five were also volutarilly handed over with nothing more than the asking, we had nothing to hide. Somehow, between Albritten and this billy dude there came some huge conspiracy to buy meth with a shitpot full of uzis. Joe was just a kid who lost his job trying to pay the rent while his OL cut hair. Me and Mike were NG types that loved to shoot. Chris and Alex were gun nuts Mike hung out with. We all hunted together and just hung out. None of us did anything illegal, well except speeding, but that's different, it wasn't a major crime to us back then. It WAS for me, joe, his OL, and Mike and Chris, a life defining moment in our history where we witnessed the worst in what local cops can be capable of. It is not easy to forget the events that ran the course of two months right before Desert Storm.
Everytime I see my #1 Son, I see the scar on his face from that day and venom fills me all over again. I know god damn well there are really great guys in uniform, and my bet is many of them are here. If you have ever had to look at your family and see damage from shit like this, you too would not let it go so easily. I wish one day I could forget about all that, but the next time I hug my boy, look in his face, then see that scar, it will all come back. The fact that they harrassed my wife for weeks made it even worse after the fact. Somehow from that one day, we were tied to this miscreant Billy and the rest of the shit that he flowed with only because she returned a hi(she was always nice like that) We were made to look like a group of rebels selling hot full auto Uzi's to whoever wanted them. According to Albritten, we had a 'shitpot full of Uzi's stashed somewhere and were selling them for $1200'.
All I am saying is clean house, get rid of the shitheads who deserve that disrespect and have earned nothing more. Shoot, I cannot even look at an Uzi and NOT think about that shit. I won't own another one, and never will. I traded that one off for an FN/FAL C1A1 from Canada through an FFL and never looked back.

Switch... I can't disagree that I would be equally pissed seeing my family in handcuffs. But, if you spend your entire life judging people by their title or the uniform they wear in relation to a past experience you'll miss out on a LOT of opportunities and good relationships with good people. Just sayin man...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When so many cops lie in reports, lie on the stand, throw women and kids onto the street with guns at their heads because they don;t bother to find out this is NOT who they are looking for, harrass women and kids while their husband is gone, so many infractions on civilians by civilians who wear badges and carry guns.
The way I see it, until each and every single individual cop stands up and does the righ tthing, stops lieing on reports or making up shit to get a conviction, they will continue to be more than worthy to get every amount of disrespect they get.

Why do <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">I</span></span> think like this? Personal experience. When I was in the National Guard I had a few friends over cutting up a couple lambs that we butchered. Now all of us had gone to a gun show a few months earlier, bought nice little Model B Uzi's and had them as investment guns, never shooting them. When Cali said register them, we complied. What I didn't know was that one of my other friends was down the street trying to sell his fo rrent money. The buyer was a dirty cop named Albritten who had a history harassing my younger brother for vehicle stuff, but was now undercover. He was trying to get 'Joe' to TRADE his Uzi for Meth. Not going to happen, Joe needed rent money and would not budge. 'Billy' was with Joe, hanging out. Billy was a street kid who always found trouble or 'knew' people. Joe needed someone to buy a collector Uzi for rent money, Billy 'knew a guy'. Well Panty 6 and #1 left the house to go down the street to the store. They got candy and soda. Panty 6 as she passed Billy said Hi when he said Hi(Who the fuck is this guy saying hi to me she wondered), you know, two strangers just being amicable. Well Joe's Panty 6 was maybe 50 pounds heavier than mine, had short red hair(mine had long black Hawaiian hair, darker skin). Well Albritten could not trade his dope to Joe, so he instead initiated the arrest and LEO jumped out from trucks, out from behind garbage cans and came from everywhere to bust this kid with the big bad Uzi. OH wait! His ol lady was on look out and spoke to the other guy Billy, BAM on the ground both Panty 6 and #1(4 years old), guns to their heads, shoved into the concrete candy and soda kicked and stepped, faces scrubbed on the cement because some douche bag enema nozzle cop said she was Joe's ol lady. They ask Panty 6 about the guns. Not knowing wtf is goin gon or anything, she says we have a ruger 9mm, and a carbine uzi. Next thing I know, I got four suits at my door asking about my guns. I show the papers, and they one walks in and says, we need to take this so we can inspect it to see if it is fully auto(Dipshit motherfucker douche bag, it';s a fucking Model B, semi automatic carbine). Now, four uniforms walk up with first my four year old in cuffs, facce all scraped up, then I see my beautiful wife, face all scraped up, cuffed, and I see nothing but grey..of fuck, not now, please,"Motherfuckers, you get those goddamned cuffs off my family before I kick all your fucking asses!" I took a stance, got ready for close personal combat and was about to lay a serious ass whooping on four leo's and a pair of uni's. I already knew who was gettin ghit in what ballsac or knee and how fast in what order to rescue my wife and kid.
DEA suit says,"We got nothing here but a registered assault rifle, get those two out of the cuffs NOW" I was shaking so hard from anger, the grey was turning red and I was so close to unloading. DEA steps in front of me and says,"Stand down Soldier, we made a mistake" That was it, I yelled untielligeble USMC standard insults at him, yelled at the other's for scraping up my family for no reason, and for what? Mistaken Identity because a woman said hi to some miscreant who said hi first?
Fast forward three weeks later: I am off at the Utah Special Forces Military Academy with 10th Group Reservists training for desert shield deployment, then another two weeks for PLDC. I get to call Panty 6 each night, adn each night I hear the same story. "Every time I go out of th ehouse, a cop is following me, they keep driving by all slow and shit, what the fuck did we do???" We did nothing wrong. I let my CO and 1SG know, but they can do nothing about it. So I finally get home. The very next fucking day, fat ass uniform rolls by all slow giving us the evil eye. I wait because I still have to know. He is almost to the end of the block. I turn my back, hand behind me and give him the bird. Brake lights, and a full speed run right to my driveway, jumping out,"You got a problem son!?!?!"
"Fuck you pig, yeah I got a problem, what they fuck you doinhg hassling my fucking ol lady while I am off at military school, get your goddamned supervisor or sergeant over here now before I fuck you up you fuckin gpiece of shit!"
"You want to get arrested"
"Bring it bitch, come onto my property if you dare, I'll kick your fucking ass so bad you will wonder what truck fucked you up motherfucker!" So there we are, standing ther at a slight impass. He knows he fucked up, has no valid reason to come onto my property and we wait for th esupervisor. I tell Panty 6 to go inside and talk to my Mom(she is dating the chief of police at the time). Sarg shows up, asls what the problem is, and I try to explain quietly and peacefully that I do not like my wife being harrassed while I am away on military duty. Then his radio goes off. He talks quietly with rolled up wiondows for about five minutes. Then he comes out. He tells fat ass that we are not a problem and to leave. He apologises and tells us we will not be harrassed further. After that, no more issues.

As a cop, you demand respect. Fuck that. You get jack shit until you fucking earn it civilian. You come rolling up on me with attitude, you get it back ten times worse, but remember, I can outfight you, and outkickass you any day of the week because I am better trained than you. I have 40 years of training in martial arts, hand ot hand combat, and more subdue training than you do. You demand respect??? Mother fucker, YOU OWE MY FAMILY. You fucking owe my wife and kid a HUGE debt. WHen that is paid back in full, ya badge wearing civilian, you might get respect.

To those of you who I know, adn to who I have a very good relationship with, those of you who wear those badges the right way, adn work damned hard to overcome the shitbags you work with, you have the respect and admiration of this family because it is you who have stopped by while I was away to make sure everything was fine. It is you who lives down my street and asks how things are going when we walk by. You gents are teh good guys and you know damn well by the fact that you do shit right all the time you earn the respect you deserve. To the local detective who saw me go down, drove his SUV to block two lanes, and stopped me from getting hit by oncoming traffic, your rapid thinging and action get nothing short of the awe, respect, and admiration of my entire family for saving my ass that day when some fucktard hit my bike.
To the rest of you who weear a badge adn think you rate: Earn it. Do the right thing and keep clean. DOn;t fuck yourself like that college professor is telling you by liein gon the stand and making illegal searches look legal on paper and with 'little white lies'. That's just one more shithead teaching you how to be a bad cop and just one more piece of shit civilian with a badge.
Yeah, I earned my attitude. It was your fault I got this way too, so remember that. You made me. As I said, when my family gets that apology from 1989 I might just change my attitude on the rank and file, but not yet, I ain't done hating you for the fact that I got to see my beautiful wife and first son all cuffed up with scraped up faces for no reason </div></div>

Hey Switch, I retired after 25 years as a cop. How did I ever treat you wrong?

Funny thing is once we lump any group into a bad pot we dig a hole for ourselves. Just like because you dont like cops does not mean all NG's dont like cops. Hey out here many NGs are cops

Your 4 year old must have really large wrists to have cuffs make leave a mark on them. In my 25 years cuffs did not fit on anyone with small wrists without falling off, let alone leaving a mark. Usually around 100 lbs is as small a person as they wil work on without just falling off.

Not sure which state the guy attempted to sell the Uzi, but if it was a Registered Assault Weapon in Ca and he tried selling on street it would be a Felony. It would have to be sent out of state to be a legal sale

Wow Switch, that is some really horrible stuff you went through.

Using drugs as their favourite excuse for brazen evil, even when there never were any or any talk of any (except from their vile stooge).

I'm very glad you and your family survived as some have not been so lucky.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Hey Switch, I retired after 25 years as a cop. How did I ever treat you wrong?

Funny thing is once we lump any group into a bad pot we dig a hole for ourselves. Just like because you dont like cops does not mean all NG's dont like cops. Hey out here many NGs are cops

<span style="color: #FF0000">Your 4 year old must have really large wrists to have cuffs make leave a mark on them. In my 25 years cuffs did not fit on anyone with small wrists without falling off, let alone leaving a mark. Usually around 100 lbs is as small a person as they wil work on without just falling off.</span>

Not sure which state the guy attempted to sell the Uzi, but if it was a Registered Assault Weapon in Ca and he tried selling on street it would be a Felony. It would have to be sent out of state to be a legal sale </div></div>

That's the very same part of the story I had issue with. I just can't see that happening to being with and as I was reading his post, I was examining a pair of my cuffs and there is just no way they'd fit, let alone be tight enough to leave marks.

But it's on the internet so it must be true.

Wow. Haven't seen a gem of a post like this in a while. I didn't even start this one.

OP, when/if you end up putting on the badge, you will be hanging hate and discontent from a majority of the people in the country. Its ok though. See its cool to hate the police, and its mostly ignorant and stupid folks with the "all cops harass" mentality, or "all cops are dirty" (didn't read to see if EventHorizon chimed in on this). Most of the people that talk of police in a negative light here rarely ever leave their moms basements enough to see what its really like, and they just want to get a rise out of you. Dont take it personally.

I will never accuse ALL National Guardsmen of forming run-on sentences.

Switchblade with that logic we should not respect any military unless all step up to and never commit another war crime.....We should hold all in contempt for the acts of a few.....

I have had a somewhat terrible history with officers, but I still respect them and what they do. I live in South L.A., as many of you know its one of the most worst communities in the United States to live in, and I feel this has given me a unique view and respect for law enforcement.

Let me begin with some of my experiences:

When I was very young, I want to say about age 6, there was a custody issue in my neighborhood. I remember the police forcing themselves into a womans home, dragging her out, screaming, in handcuffs. This wasn't the worst part, the most traumatic issue with this was that the daughter, who was my age, was also dragged out screaming. She was yelling, crying for her mother and the police threw her in the back of a patrol car and drove off with her. As a child, this was very traumatic for me to watch, and I feel this contributed to my initial fear and loathing that I had for law enforcement growing up.

Then there was an incident where my father was arrested and had his prized pistol, a Colt .38 Super custom "El Jefe" model, taken from him. Let me tell you that he did nothing illegal, open carry of an unloaded firearm was legal in California at this time, and he complied with everything the police demanded, yet he was still taken in and arrested. They released him a short while later, but when we tried to get the pistol back from the LAPD, they said that the pistol wasn't in their evidence locker and was never put into record. Basically the officer saw the gun and used his power to steal it from my father. My father wasn't a legal citizen at the time (he is now), so trying to do something would have amounted to nothing. This event happened about 2 years after the custody incident and only added to my loathing.

My loathing for officers continued up until I was about 13, and I witnessed a police related shooting involving one of my neighbors. This event occurred directly in front of my residence, police answered to a shooting nearby, and stop my neighbor in front of my house. My neighbor drew his firearm as the police showed up, and a standoff ensued. The police repeatedly warned him to put down his firearm, he had every chance to comply, but after about the 6th warning, the police opened fire and killed the neighbor. Afterwards, a large number of my neighbors came out and began talking all sorts of crap to the officers, one woman kept saying that they had no right to shoot him, I mean, this guy was armed and was not responding to the police, and the police are wrong? Something didn't feel right here, and I began to see that maybe things are changing with the PD.

Then another police related shooting occurred. this one was at the street corner from my house, and it involved someone else I knew. This guy was seen with a loaded firearm in his car and also refused to comply with the officers orders, so they opened fire. I began to see at this point the kind of crap officers have to put up with, and realized that they were just people, not perfect sentinels of the law, and were right and wrong as much as any other person.

Afterwards I began to see how much respect can impact a confrontation with an officer. In one case, I was camping with my family and some officers came in responding to a call about people shooting in the campground. My family had at least 30 firearms at the time (its a large family), I told everyone in my family to shut up and let me handle it, since most of them were drunk anyway. I talked as respectfully as I can, allowed the officers to inspect some of our firearms, and told them that the shots weren't done by any of us since none of us were carrying any large caliber pistols, only 22's, and the shell casings found were 9mm shells. He left us alone after that, and even stayed around a bit while to joke around with us.

Moral of all these stories, some officers are pricks, that much is true, but they have a very difficult job and it is inevitable that they will rub someone the wrong way eventually. Most officers are great guys who aren't looking to cause any trouble with people.

I do not paint the entire group with that broad brush filled with venmom, only those who deserve it.
Mike, you know damn well you have never been painted with anything less than the respect and admiration you have earned by me and everyone else here. I have not gone a day without remembering the conversations we had in the latter part of 2003 and early 2004 after my Mom passed. It is that same respect and admiration I give to those I have met from here and elsewhere as a group whole. Men like Cory, Lobo, Slapchop, and so many others have far more than earned nothing short of total respect for the job they do. For those who do things like beat women against cars(the latest internet video) and do things that are just wrong, I still paint with that venom filled brush.
I, like everyone else here, knows that one asshole makes the lot appear to stink, but not be covered in the same shit. Same goes for military and every other job for that matter.
Do I disrespect any and every LEO I come in contact with? NO. DO I look with disdain upon the fat ass female flat top with the badge and gun on campus who gets winded climbing ten stairs? Yup, fat ass couldn't catch a cold without assistance, but she does her job right which grants that respect we accord to good cops.
AS I said, I meet a ton of really great guys, have five within rock throwing distance who are not only really great people, but deployable reservists(not counting Barney, the court security guy who can't even have a gun and weighs more than a yearling steer)who are my neighbors. There are also quite a few here who know the levels of trust I have with them, as well as a large group down in Nawlins that received a big box of uniforms, socks, t-shirts, and other items they needed when they were in need during the big flood. THAT is how I feel about the larger body of LEO's.
Those four assholes back in NorCal, and the others I see on TV and in the news? They deserve every ounce of venom I hold for them with the most contemptuous looks of disdain and earned disrespect.
I long for the day I can write about what we went through without getting the hurt and anger all over again. I look my boy in the face and eye with nothing short of a father's pride. He works hard at a very upscale liquor shop, does his thing for their internet and shelf spaces in his department, has a really hot thing for a girl. Then each time I see that scarred part by his hairline, that's when I feel the hurt, then the anger all over again. I made a promise then, and keep to it. No one, no body, will ever do anything like that to bring harm to my family. I will go far and wide to wreak havoc upon those who do, and will not rest until they have been given every ounce of what they have earned.

"couldn't catch a cold without assistance"

Great line.

Was there ever any doubt that the law enforcement system, like any other system, has an inescapable human component?

Switch! All I can say is "Wow" bro. I saw this yesterday afternoon after the 2nd Funeral this week of burying 2 young LE brothers who were brutally ambushed and murdered. I too am angry and wanted to unleash after some of my reading in here.

I'm a little calmer today so here it is. I certainly understand your anger if the incident occurred as you state which I have no reason to believe it didn't.

I've been in Law Enforcement a long time and worked some mighty ugly areas over time. I've never seen another officer in my years do to a peaceful woman and a child what happened to your family. And I can assure you we have been in some Dogfights.

Obviously there is no excuse or justification for the actions that took place with your wife and son.

I see in the post right above you did clarify how widely your "brush" painted, as your first post was pretty broad, actually pretty painful to the majority of us who don't fit into that category.

Assholes are assholes no matter what profession they are, LE, Military whatever. However I haven't soured to the point of thinking that "everyone" is an asshole. Wounds heal but scars are reminders of unpleasant encounters. I sincerely hope that you never have to encounter the same type of "assholes" again professing to represent our profession.

Sincerely bro!

Dag

Switch, I thank you for clarification.

The net once again is often misunderstood.

I enjoyed those conversation and wish I could have done more.

You have always been a good man and I have seen officers behave badly but I took action when I did see it.

No man and no profession is perfect but its not a job for everyone to do or understand.

Very good topic and I have enjoyed it.
I have been around LEOs at work for a lot of years and have seen some really bad wrong doing. I do not base my thoughts on any one incident, it is a thing that has taken years to develop.
There used to be some really fine Cops in my area and I had no problem with them. I would call them with any concerns I had and was always treated fairly and with respect. Now most but not all are dead or retired, unfortunately, and the new ones coming on seem to have attitude problems and are what the Old Guys would call Badge Heavy.
Respect seems to be out even with the Old Gray citizens in my area who were raised to honor and respect the PO.
Lying and twisting the truth seem to be acceptable to this newer generation of LEOs. Just make an arrest and collect a bonus or something. I don't know?
It is not good and I wish the LEOs would police their own ranks and make it the honorable profession it once was. It used to happen that way, so why not now. If one is bad, the rest take him out to protect their own integrity!! Does not happen, they band up and support the officer, right or wrong.
To clean this up I feel it must come from within the ranks. If a bad thing goes down, take care of it within, and they ALL know when some garbage stinks it is probably garbage. Don't protect it, throw it out, things will smell much better.
Respect is not something you automatically get when you put on a badge and a sidearm with all of your other weapons, [OC, tazer etc.] You earn it!!! and once that is lost, either by you or someone who makes ASS and you support that, your respect is gone by supporting the bad officer and not easily regained, if ever.
Just my thoughts, Regards, FM
I do hope that the ranks will police themselves and clean this shit up.
If you are a LEO and had a stop going that was going bad for you would you want a civilian to stop and help you or drive on by? If you were getting the shit beat out of you would you want the help?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Foul Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very good topic and I have enjoyed it.
I have been around LEOs at work for a lot of years and have seen some really bad wrong doing.
</div></div>

Yea, sure, of course you have. You and everyone else. Of all the atrocities that you've witnessed being perpetrated by cops, what did you do about it?

I wouldn't call them atrocities, more like illegals searches etc.
What could I do? Call the cops?
What would you suggest?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Foul Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldn't call them atrocities, more like illegals searches etc.
What would you suggest? </div></div>

Sigh... define your idea of an "illegal search" please. I have to ask because IMO 99% of the time people scream they've been searched illegally when they really haven't. Everybody also seems to be under the impression that an Officer needs a warrant to do anything...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Foul Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldn't call them atrocities, more like illegals searches etc.

Sigh... define your idea of an "illegal search" please. I have to ask because IMO 99% of the time people scream they've been searched illegally when they really haven't. Everybody also seems to be under the impression that an Officer needs a warrant to do anything...</div></div>

[Initiate SARCASM tone] Oh come on Broker. It's a very well known fact. No one will ever tell their dentist how to operate on their mouth, nor would they tell their mechanic how to fix their vehicle, but EVERYONE can tell a cop exactly how they should be doing their job. You need to get with the program.[End SARCASM tone]

I start the rare LEO encounters the same...assume they are a good guy just doing their job...from there it is up to the LEO how it goes.

The first time I had the cops show up on private property was just a shooting day for me and friends. Sheriff's deputy shows up (former bully that graduated with one of they guys there) oozing attitude from the get-go. I asked him what crime we were committing, he tells me to shut up or he will cuff me and sit me in the back of the car right then. Proceeds to run serials on all of our weapons with no cause. Confiscates a video we were shooting of the day. It took a year of phone calls and complaining to the department, finally he leaves me a VM that if I ever ask for the return of the video he will have charges filed for resisting an officer (huh?). All because some neighbor called us in for legally shooting on farm property in BFE.

The second I had a state firearms instructor shooting on my range with a full-auto state-owned M16. Two different agencies show up. One was a decent guy, tells me they got a call of someone shooting a gun. I reply "that is legal here officer, why did you bother coming out?" Other officer starts yelling at me to control myself while the first looks at him like he's an idiot. I calmly inform the second that the only one raising his voice is him, and all I was requesting was a reason they had to think some crime may be committed giving them reason to be on my property. First guy clarifies that full-auto fire was reported, so I simply explained the situation and it turned out that he knew the guy doing the shooting.

The best was when I called out police to report a theft and as required by law in that state informed them that I was CCW. I was disarmed with a full pat-down (OK, whatever) but when it came time to return my gun the officer didn't want to give my my shells back because "I might reload before he could drive away and shoot him). And here I'm the law-abiding victim that called them out. The only way I got my shells back was to lock my gun in the trunk while he drove away.

I could detail the handful of other encounters I've had, but basically I've been about 50/50 on good guy/bad guy with police (which is a very disappointing ratio) and the department where I grew up is now staffed 80% with officers who were either bullies or bigtime lawbreakers themselves in high school.

So I start encounters hoping for the best but not surprised if I am disappointed. At least where I live now the local dept has been 100% good experiences so far.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Foul Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldn't call them atrocities, more like illegals searches etc.

Sigh... define your idea of an "illegal search" please. I have to ask because IMO 99% of the time people scream they've been searched illegally when they really haven't. Everybody also seems to be under the impression that an Officer needs a warrant to do anything...</div></div>

[Initiate SARCASM tone] Oh come on Broker. It's a very well known fact. No one will ever tell their dentist how to operate on their mouth, nor would they tell their mechanic how to fix their vehicle, but EVERYONE can tell a cop exactly how they should be doing their job. You need to get with the program.[End SARCASM tone] </div></div>

LMAO !! Fucking Perfect !! Couldn't have said it better. I'll remember this one for life. The phrase "ya don't like it, join up and go save the world" comes to thought also. Let's just say people are fucked up, REALLY.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Foul Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldn't call them atrocities, more like illegals searches etc.

Sigh... define your idea of an "illegal search" please. I have to ask because IMO 99% of the time people scream they've been searched illegally when they really haven't. Everybody also seems to be under the impression that an Officer needs a warrant to do anything... </div></div>

Sigh.......................

Tell that to the <span style="font-weight: bold">HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS</span> of NYers who're currently suing the City for doing EXACTLY what you suggest are isolated incidents.

Judge Clears Stop-Frisk Class Action

"Judge Scheindlin reserved her sharpest criticisms for the city's claim that a court order against the stop-and-frisk policy couldn't guarantee an end to what the city described as "suspicionless stops."

"First, suspicionless stops should never occur," the judge wrote. "Defendants' cavalier attitude towards the prospect of a 'widespread practice of suspicionless stops' displays a deeply troubling apathy towards New Yorkers' most fundamental constitutional rights."

Stop and frisk is bullshit, but then, it is New York. With the gun control laws that they have, what reasonable suspicion for a frisk could they articulate?

Yes, bullies do show up in law enforcement, they get off on the authority.
Folks that were picked on a lot in youth also show up, seeking the authority and power over their bullies.
You also end up with stat hungry dumbasses that write numerous citations on a single stop just to pad their stats. Admittedly, sometimes these numerous citations are well deserved, many times not.
You have many in supervisory positions that feel that if an officer is not writing citations, he isn't working.
This is a top down problem, the culture should and must change.
Many times, the city government plays a role (city council, manager/mayor etc...)
They will frequently press for more citations as a revenue generator, also pressing that "if an officer isn't writing tickets, what the hell are we paying them for?"

This topic is never a good topic. It sucks balls.

About two month's ago, I came home from school to eat lunch. On the way in some kid on a loud nasty jap race bike in street colors ripped past me, then redlined 1st and 2nd through the neighborhood to his home a street above mine. I am eating a sandwich, not paying much attention and there is a knock on my door. Two wet behind the ears rookies in Tac clothing are standing there. I look, set my lunch down with a wtf in my mind, open the door and ask,"can I help you?" I am really curious why they are there. They inform me that 'someone on a sport bike was speeding through the neighborhood'. I told them on my way out and in, no one was outside adn it was not me. I also told them that they should look for a black japanese bike a few streets up. The answer to my question of 'Why did you stop here?' was,"we saw the bike and had to ask"
No problem, everyone was cordial and no attitudes. Shoot, I even got a laugh when I said,'damn ain't it a bit hot for all that tommy tactical stuff?' The biggest thing I got from that? Holy fuck those were freakin KIDS! Skinny, tac'd out kids looking like they were playing cops and robbers. Walked back into the house, finished my sandwich then went back to school. Funny thing, on the way out I had this huge desire to really rev out my bike, but didn't...don't want Barney's FAOL calling me in, besides, I roll slow on surface streets and neighborhoood streets...the kid who runs out after a ball just might be one of mine!

Rat or Broker, Define illegal search. OK here is the long version and by no means the only things I saw.
Years ago I drove a wrecker in a small eastern Colo. town.
We had secure inside storage in a large warehouse so were called when the cops had a vehicle they wanted secured for one reason or another.
We hauled for the local PD, the Co. Sheriff, and Colo. State Patrol.
When a vehicle was impounded we would tow it into the shop and the LEOs would"inventory " it.
I had no problem with that as it covered my ass if someone said something was missing, refer to the inventory and go from there.
It was usually the practice of the PD and SO to take a suitcase or bag and look inside, not disturb anything, close it up and write down 1 suitcase, brown etc, list everything in the vehicle, have me sign the sheet and all was done.
The CSP however would open bags, rifle through everything, list it and sometimes go as far as pull back doorliners to look inside doors. They would list things and I would sign.
I didn't like that as people would accuse us of having gone through their belongings and damaging their cars.
Many times the CSP would have to come in and help us and a few times there were legal problems that stemmed from this practice.
If they found contraband in a vehicle they would THEN get a warrant and take it.
I was under the impression that the warrant came first, not the other way around. This was quite a few years ago, may be different now.
After a piece of jewelery came up missing from a ladies suitcase I thought I was going to hang for that until one of the patrolmen told the investigator that it wasn't me who took it and told them who did, another patrolman who left the force shortly after that.
After that we insisted that they use a security tamper tape on everything to keep us in the clear.
I hope that clears it up for you some now. Sigh, FM

After I moved from that area to another town, I found things to be different, the warrants came first. Sigh, FM

Im sorry to hear so many bad run ins with the law! I didnt know this was gonna start such a huge thing. I understand cops have a thankless job and I understand it only takes one bad apple to ruin the bunch. Maybe if I become a cop, and im lucky, I can make a difference. If I take the step maybe I can explore different options like an armorer or something. I want to be a good guy. Thanks guys for all the responces. If there is more to be said by all means keep it coming. This is all good insight

DA I hope you do become a cop.
As you have seen, there are a lot of bad apples out there that do not Man up and do what is right nor admit if something is wrong.
If you do enter into LE and maintain an honest set of rules of conduct and how to treat people with respect, you will probably be in charge of many others because of your ethics.
I wish you well, but hope you are smart enough to know the row will be tough to hoe as there are way too many in the ranks that have never made a mistake other than to think they may have made a mistake, but after looking back on that, they discover that they were right all along as well as anyone else involved with a badge on their shirt. Good Luck, FM

I witnessed law enforcement "disrespect" this past Sunday

Wife and were driving to pick up mom-in-law. We were on a 4 lane road. Up ahead a large Church was letting out. The police were there to direct traffic. As we approach the Officer signaled to stop, we stopped, and he began to let the church traffic out. After a while he signals the church traffic to stop so that regular traffic can resume. He put his hand palm out signalling for them to stop. After a couple of seconds he begins backing toward the center of the road to get out of the way, and begins signaling for the regular traffic to resume. Before we could even start moving a SUV with some lady driving zooms out of the church lot ignoring the officer. He was pissed!! I was as well. He again signals to the Church traffic to remain stopped, and finally allowed us to move along.

To me what I saw was not only disrespect towards police, but that lady has no respect for anyone else. Her actions show that she thinks she is the most important and that other should move around her. An attitude all to common these days. So maybe <span style="font-style: italic">some not all</span> of this law-enforcement disrespect comes from the fact that people do not respect anyone else, why should police be an exception?

I think you are right jcm...society is coarser than it used to be our values have been in decline for a while. So more disrespectful and selfish people are around to be rude to officers, and more disrespectful and rude people are around to become officers themselves.

I'm not a cop, but I am a correctional officer. From my experience in my chosen profession there are some things that I can guarantee will happen. (assuming you aren't a dirty officer)

Your life and your family's will be threatened and probably more than once.

The general public has no idea what you do or what you go through on a daily basis. You will receive no gratitude from them but more likely scorn. (to them all co's are dirty, seen any movies about prison where they were portrayed in a positive light)

You will have human waste and bodily fluids thrown at you. It's gross and I hate when that happens.

You will have to deal with dirty officers from time to time. You can't just tell your supervisor they are dirty, you have to have proof. Your word on what you saw happen ain't enough. Luckily I know that most officers (either on the street or in the cell block) are good people who just wanna do the right thing and provide for their families. The dirty ones always get found out and get shit canned and/or go to prison themselves.

Some dirt bag will accuse you of being dirty and/or violating their constitutional rights. Just remember to always follow your policy and cover your ass. Document everything. Your personal notes about any incident can be used as evidence.

Always be prepared because the people you see on the inside will see you on the outside eventually. I can tell you from personal experience. Just make sure you and your family are ready. My wife and son already know what to do when that situation comes to pass.

I think some of this could apply to LEO's on the street.

Well I think a lot of those posts should about sum it up for you. No matter how good of a person you are, how ethical you are, how many sacrifices you make, how many times you risk your life, or how many lives you save, when you put the uniform on, people will hate you. It's a great career, but if you don't love it, it's definately not worth it. If you choose that path, make sure and remember your morals and surround yourslf with good officers. You'll quickly learn to listen to stories like a lot of these and not let them affect you at all. The only thing most "common" people will have to associate you with is traffic related crap, which is good I guess, but it still gets a little annoying. I can't stress enough the part about having to love it though. You'll see some shit you can't unsee, and you'll get very few "thank you"'s. Best of luck to ya.

I find it ironic that when someones feet are held to the fire, they STFU. No LEO was ever wrong.?? Let's just be LEO sheeple and go with it.
That is the problem.

Man up, admit mistakes and don't protect wrong doers that make things worse and undo what a good PO does.
It is in deed a fine profession to be in if you have the right mindset.
Unfortunately, there are others that precede you that will not admit wrong doing, but will even protect those who do wrong even when the evidence is against them. The Blue Line.
It ends up hurting them, hence, a disrespect from the people, the general populace and you wonder why???
The clean up needs to come from within the rank and file.
No one likes what is going on now and therefore, clean your own room before you ask to come out of having your nose stuck in the corner.
I do and will continue to support my local police.
I guess it all comes down to. Be Honest, don't tell nor write lies. and the people will be behind you.
Honesty is the main thing. Never say something that you cannot go to your parents and say"I did the right thing."
Regards, FM

Navy vet shot by deputy in own backyard—family seeks answers

The brother of a Navy veteran shot by a deputy in her own backyard wants the sheriff's department to admit its mistake and take responsibility for the incident.

Jennifer Orey, 36, was shot Sunday in a surprise encounter with two sheriff's deputies who were searching for a man reportedly in the area wearing a ski mask, the San Diego Union-Tribune reports. Orey was in her pajamas in her yard around 10:30 p.m. because she heard noises and thought it was her ex-husband, the newspaper reports.

Orey and Deputy Luke Berhalter came in contact and the officer's firearm discharged at point-blank range, her brother James Morgan told local Fox 5 News.

"He fired without warning, saying freeze, or anything. Then just as she saw the black smoke coming out the barrel she turned her body," Morgan said. "The bullet went through her chest and her left nipple, into her shoulder and out her pinkie."

The deputy reportedly told her, "I'm sorry, you startled me," Morgan told the television station.

San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore told local 10News the deputies thought Orey's open gate looked suspicious, so they entered the backyard. When deputies ran into the woman, Berhalter had a "spontaneous reaction."

Berhalter, a San Diego County deputy for 21 months after seven years with the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department, has been placed on leave. The case has been handed over to the local prosecuting attorney for review.

Orey, whose family told the newspaper she was the first woman in the Navy to earn her wings of gold as a search and rescue swimmer, was released from hospital.

But still her brother wants answers.

"I feel they are trying to cover up their mistakes," Morgan told Fox 5 News. "They know the truth. They just don't want to admit it. All we want is for them to own up to their mistake and be responsible just like anybody else."

Costco shooting victim's family drops lawsuit against Las Vegas police

Erik Scott was shot to death by Las Vegas police outside a Costco store in July 2010.

Family members of Erik Scott, who was shot and killed by officers outside a Costco store in 2010, dropped their lawsuit against the Metropolitan Police Department on Tuesday, ending one of the most controversial chapters in the agency's history.

The lawsuit wasn't strong enough to withstand the appeals process, family members said.

"It's not the slam-dunk case that everybody thought it was when we started," said Bill Scott, Erik Scott's father. "If there was a different appeals court involved, I think we could have pressed ahead."

The family also was going up against stiff resistance from Las Vegas police. Sheriff Doug Gillespie said Tuesday that he would not settle the case.

"No matter how you look at it, the Scott family lost a loved one," he said. "I, as a sheriff, understand that the best I can. But I also have to support the process and support our officers when they make appropriate decisions."

The news surprised Chris Collins, executive director of the Las Vegas Police Protective Association, which represents roughly 2,800 officers, including the three officers involved in Scott's shooting.

"They (Scott's family) kept telling people they had a case and they were never going to let it go," Collins said. "They let it go. ... Someone convinced them otherwise."

Bill Scott said they didn't drop the case because they didn't believe in it.

"I believe, as do many, that Erik was murdered, crime scene corrupted, critical evidence destroyed," he said.

LEGAL BARRIERS

Scott family attorney Ross Goodman said the decision came down to what was one of the most controversial aspects of the case: the lack of surveillance video of the incident.

Goodman said that without the video, he didn't feel he could overcome a qualified immunity defense for police officers, which the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals recently has bolstered. The appeals court recently ruled that even when excessive force is used by police, officers are entitled to an affirmative defense of "qualified immunity," Goodman said.

Under federal law, qualified immunity is a defense given to government agents protecting them against civil lawsuits if they act within the established law. Regarding a law enforcement agent's use of excessive force, a plaintiff must show the officer acted wrongfully to overcome the qualified immunity defense.

Goodman and the Scott family had hoped that security footage of the incident would prove the officers acted wrongfully. But the footage does not exist.

"We believe had the Costco video existed it would have unequivocally shown that Erik was wrongfully shot and it would have negated qualified immunity as an affirmative defense," Goodman said.

Allen Lichtenstein, general counsel for the American Civil Liberties Union of Nevada, said winning a judgment against police is difficult in any appeals court circuit.

"I don't think the 9th Circuit is any different," he said.

The Scott family agreed to drop the lawsuit if police did not pursue legal fees.

SHOOTING AND CONSEQUENCES

Gillespie said Tuesday that controversy over the Scott shooting was an example of people jumping to conclusions.

"As sheriff of a police department this size, a lot of things go on and people question what it is you do as an organization," he said. "I personally don't mind people questioning what we do and why. What frustrated me with the Scott case is people jumped to conclusions before facts came out. We should all learn something from that."

But Las Vegas police released little information about the case in the weeks after it happened, allowing what was an unusual police shooting to generate both controversy and conspiracy theories.

On July 10, 2010, Scott, 38, was shopping with his girlfriend at a Costco store in Summerlin when he drew the attention of store employees. He was tearing open packages of water bottles and seeing whether they would fit in a cooler, employees later testified.

One employee noticed Scott was carrying a gun in his waistband. Although Scott had a legal permit to carry the weapon when concealed, the employee told him the store did not allow weapons inside.

When Scott refused to leave, employees called police, setting off a chain of events that would end with Scott's death.

Police arrived and told an employee to evacuate the Costco. As hundreds of customers were spilling out of the store's exit, officers Thomas Mendiola, Joshua Stark and William Mosher were waiting outside.

Scott and his girlfriend were among the customers. An employee pointed out Scott to police, and the officers gave him commands to either get down or drop the weapon -- testimony and evidence has differed.

Scott pulled the holstered weapon out of his waistband and turned around. Officers fired seven times, striking him seven times.

There were dozens of witnesses, many of them doctors and lawyers, and in the days that followed, some of them doubted whether Scott pulled out a gun. Others said they did see him pull out a gun.

That confusion, combined with Scott's profile -- attractive, white, a successful medical device salesman and graduate of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point -- created a potent combination that touched a nerve in Las Vegas, which had seen years of controversial police shootings, including one just the month before.

Scott's family led an aggressive campaign to bring the case to light, paying for billboard advertisements, hosting vigils and casting doubt about the police investigation. The news media seized on the case as Las Vegas police released few details, including refusing to address the most burning question: Was the incident caught on store cameras?

Privately, police believed the shooting was justified. Scott, it was later found, had potentially fatal levels of the painkiller morphine and the anti-anxiety drug Xanax in his system. He was acting strangely inside the store. And he was carrying two guns -- the second was found as paramedics took him to the hospital.

The Scott case reached fever pitch by the time of the inquest more than two months later, when it was revealed that the store's cameras were not working that day. After an inquest jury unanimously ruled the shooting justified, the family members said they would file a lawsuit.

THE END?

In the months that followed, the Scott case would help prompt changes to the coroner's inquest process and launch a yearlong Review-Journal investigation into officer-involved shootings.

The investigation found that Las Vegas police officers have more shootings than officers at many other jurisdictions and that the agency did little to learn from the incidents.

Las Vegas police recently paid a $1.7 million settlement in 2010's other controversial shooting, the death of Trevon Cole. Cole was shot in the head by officer Bryan Yant during a botched drug raid on Cole's east valley apartment about a month before Scott's death.

Collins said he is happy to put this chapter in Las Vegas police history to bed.

"I'm glad it's over," he said. "I'm sure the families of everyone involved are glad it's over."

It might not be finished, however. Bill Scott, a former journalist, said dropping the lawsuit was "liberating" because he can turn his attention to other issues of police accountability.

"It allows us to pursue the launch of other initiatives that have been on the books for a while," he said.

He wouldn't disclose what he is planning, but said, "The battlefield, as I see it, now moves from Vegas to Washington, California and New York."

He added, "We're not going to go away."

I would just guess that Scott's family will be RICH after this is all said and done and it will be hush hush.
Not saying that everything was done right. FM

'Qualified Immunity' and during a case which states there was wrong doing? wow. Am I the only one who sees major wrong with ANY immunity being given to anyone on the receiveing end of this? That just does not seem to indicate a fair system of justice at all. In point of fact, it reeks of injustice all the way to the top.
I also see that they are quick to pay off a racially biased claim but do not yield to one involving a West Point Graduate who is the epitomy of whiteness. I think I am going to have to declare myself done with this thread because I do not need to get pissed off everytime I come here...man I miss the days of only four or six forums and 3500 members

Ok, after waiting for a little while here are my thoughts on why LEO get disrespect:

1. Media - without personal experinece individuals hear/see stories about sensationalized incidents. From this they form opinions and feelings. Very much like the view of masses of people towards gun ownsership. Since by far the majority of these stories are negative, peoples opionions form negatively.

2. Personal esperiences. My guess is that most (for certainly mine) of peoples personal exposure to LEO is negative. They are getting stopped in traffic, arrested for something, or in some way involved in a negative encounter. This assists #1 in creating the individuals negative opition.

3. I really agree with the point on that one of the early poster made about invasive government. We have far too many laws for stupid shit that are either enforced by LEO (making the LEO as bad for enforcing bad laws) or not enforces equally (making LEO bad for not providing consistent enforcement). A good example are speeding laws (or infractions). A person passing a traffic sop doing 56 in a 55mph zone isn't given a ticket. The next person doing 60mph in a 55 zone is sometimes given a ticket, and usually the 70mph person get a ticket. Which are breaking the "law"?

4. LEO's are seen as tax collectors. Many of peoples personal experience with law enforcment is money collection for laws that seem either arbitrary, unequally enforced or just outright needless. The result of the broken law is punishment which results in a fine which is seen as the only need for the law in the first place. If parking in a particular place doesn't harm anyone, why is it against the law - other than to generate revenue which is just another tax?

anyway, my .02 but until we really reform our country and start to significantly limit our governing bodies, this is just going to get worse

"Qualified Immunity" from Switch

I totally agree with you. I don't feel that immunity should be given to governing bodies in any form. They should be forced to defend their actions in court just as any citizen has to. I think that governemnt should be required to operate within the same exact laws that citized are required to operate against. Murder, Theft and Assault should apply regardless of the entity - there should not be differeing laws for different people (and every government entitiy is composed of just that people).

When the policemen break the law, then there is no law, only a fight for survival..
Police officers are human beings, they fuck up like we all do.
The problem is they are dealing with peoples lives and freedom which results in small matters of over zealous behavior reaching a much higher level of distrust among those who witness or are in the fray.
Dont get me wrong, the job is a tough one, BUT its not for everyone.
If the pressure of being in the public eye, having cameras on you, people yelling at you, and you not being a "cool" guy anymore cause you to stress, then quit.
Police officers are civilians, not military, they can resign anytime, no contract, no obligation to fulfill.

Treat the people who are obviously NOT criminals, (lady on cell phone) with respect and handle the perps the old fashioned way. ;)screen test anyone?
I think emotion gets the better of most of these young cops and they snap!.These guys should be standing post at home depot, not dealing with the public in the streets.

The job always required a cool head and a even temper.
what happened?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opshin556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When the policemen break the law, then there is no law, only a fight for survival..
Police officers are human beings, they fuck up like we all do.
The problem is they are dealing with peoples lives and freedom which results in small matters of over zealous behavior reaching a much higher level of distrust among those who witness or are in the fray.
Dont get me wrong, the job is a tough one, BUT its not for everyone.
If the pressure of being in the public eye, having cameras on you, people yelling at you, and you not being a "cool" guy anymore cause you to stress, then quit.
Police officers are civilians, not military, they can resign anytime, no contract, no obligation to fulfill.

Treat the people who are obviously NOT criminals, (lady on cell phone) with respect and handle the perps the old fashioned way. ;)screen test anyone?
I think emotion gets the better of most of these young cops and they snap!.These guys should be standing post at home depot, not dealing with the public in the streets.

The job always required a cool head and a even temper.
what happened?
</div></div>
Did I mis something where the cops were disrespectful torwards the lady with the cell phone? Last I heard, the whole incident stemmed from her conduct torwards the police. Not saying my mind has been made up on the incident as a whole. But if we are going to rely on media and media alone as a source of information, then you might want to get some facts straight.

not sure, but I think opshin556 likely means the assault the officers have alledgedly committed, and the high five/ fist bump they alledgedly had after the assault were the disrespectul parts... I think he is talking about the other thread where the LAPD are reported as having assaulted a women on a cell phone?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opshin556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The job always required a cool head and a even temper.
what happened? </div></div>

This:

095aef115af0a818190f6a7067005cbb.jpg

militarized-police-puppetgov.jpg

This is just a guess, but I'm assuming none of these posts were written by LEO's.

Unless you have carried a badge and a gun you cannot begin to understand what goes through an officer’s mind when dealing with the public.

Last time I checked the bad guys were not wearing stickers stating "Hello, my name is bad guy" Granted if an officer wanted to "profile" (which is illegal) they could possibly say that person looks good or bad.

Plenty of innocent looking people have done bad things, and went our officers get complacent they die, that is why they react the way they do.

I spend the majority of my time around cows. Those things are far less predictable than people. I don't sell everyone of them just because I think they want to kill me. When they do try to kill me, they get a one way ticket to the stockyard. Perhaps you should look into a different line of work if isolated incidents have such a negative impact on your ability to differentiate one situation from another.

Just because you are aware of a potential danger doesn't always mean that you have the right to impose your will on a citizen. There are certain dangers that must be accepted with every job. If you aren't willing to perform the job, in accordance with the law, in spite of the risks..... seek employment elsewhere.

It always cracks me up when I see the "you need a badge to understand" whining. I don't have a badge, but I've been interacting with the public my entire life. I've learned that there are good people, bad people, and good people who do bad things. I've interacted with many a shit head of all colors, creeds, and financial standing. What is it about a badge that gives so much more insight to the human psyche? If it does have magic powers, do they have one that works for the bovine psyche?

I spend the majority of my time around guns, in some state of disrepair. Some of those things can blow up in my face.

All firearms must be too dangerous to deal with. Even firearms in good repair can be used to hurt people.

you should all sell your guns

I'll trade you cows for guns. Please estimate cow trade value according to the average prices in the middle of June....
laugh.gif