• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Night Vision LDI's DBAL I2's New Upcoming Features

Victor-TNVC

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 5, 2007
    USA
    www.tnvc.com
    DBALI2_C1_2_zps9045c752.jpg

Over the last year or so we've sold a great deal of Class 1 DBAL I2's and the response has been tremendous. This has been the #1 selling laser for good reason, and it's about to get better for you all.

One area that has been lacking is the hi/lo operational features of the IR pointer. Presently, the low setting is basically the high setting with no change in power. We have found (along with our LE folks), a great need to have a low output setting for indoor and close CQB work invaluable. Even at .7mW, there can be major doughnut bloom at close ranges.

We have worked very closely with LDI for the last several months getting the low setting operational.

At Shot Show LDI and TNVC is announcing units starting with “February 2013” manufacturing serial number labels, these DBAL-I2 units will have their IR power output on the Low setting between 0.1-0.2mW, and the High setting between 0.6-0.7mW.

Effective Range of the .1-.2mW setting is approx. 250m max, the same as our LAS-TAC exclusive LDI Pistol Laser seen here. http://tnvc.com/shop/category/class1-civilian-legal-infrared-lasers/

.6mW-.7mW will still maintain its 400-450 yard distances.

We're excited about the new upcoming I2 models. Thanks guys and gals.

Vic

Re: LDI's DBAL I2's New Upcoming Features

Man that is great news. The LAS-TAC really cuts down on the bloom and is plenty good out to 200 yards.

I wonder if there is a way to upgrade older models to this new improvement, probably not?

Also, this would be great for the DBAL-D2 as well.

No upgrades at this time is what we're told. The reason for this is how the internals are built to satisfy FDA agreements of a tamper proof Class 1. Disassembly basically crumbles the internals.

Vic

Vic, I am thinking about getting another DBAL-D2 for my new hog stick, any chance they will be upgrading these units too?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SkyPup</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vic, I am thinking about getting another DBAL-D2 for my new hog stick, any chance they will be upgrading these units too? </div></div>

Not sure on these, but I know who to talk with.
    smile.gif

Vic

We will definitely be interested in checking these out at SHOT.

LDI has been very responsive to our feedback from the field, and with each passing year, the NV and laser offerings are still getting better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HTR707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We will definitely be interested in checking these out at SHOT.

LDI has been very responsive to our feedback from the field, and with each passing year, the NV <span style="font-weight: bold">and laser offerings are still getting better.</span> </div></div>

Indeed, even more new LDI releases at Shot.
    smile.gif

Vic

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SkyPup</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man that is great news. <span style="font-weight: bold">The LAS-TAC really cuts down on the bloom and is plenty good out to 200 yards.</span>

I wonder if there is a way to upgrade older models to this new improvement, probably not?

Also, this would be great for the DBAL-D2 as well. </div></div>

Our entire staff here had many testing hours on several different diodes. The .7mW was too powerful for a handgun platform and the power had to be way down. A lot of debate went into the current .1 - .2mW for the Las Tac.