• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Lead times on March Genesis 6-60x56?

JzgUTXjWAdF8f627L5TZ

Private
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2022
USA
Just got my first rifle: AI AXSR .338 Norma Mag (also picked up .338 Lapua barrel and mags, no idea if the barrel is different between the two but a spare can't hurt, right?)

Does anyone know what the lead times are on backordered March Genesis scopes? I'm looking at the D60V56GFIML-FML-TR1 but it's out of stock everywhere (Longrangesupply/eurooptic etc).

Also if anyone knows how to mount this scope to the rifle or has bipod recommendations, that'd be great. I've shot plenty but never paid attention to the hardware or configuration of anything.

No idea about the lead times in the US, but please share a few pictures once you got the setup completed.

It sounds like the stuff of my dreams.

If you ask Eurooptic they'll tell you more or less how long it will take for them to get the scope you want. Last time I asked them about a March optic I think they quoted me around 2-3 months.

I have an AXSR. Atlas 5H, Accutac, and Elite Iron would all be good bipod choices.

The Genesis 6-60 has a built-in mount so you basically just slap in on the rifle. The fact that you seemed unaware of that would suggest to me you should do a bit more research before committing to a $6000 niche optic. If you go through the AI pic thread you’ll see that scope is not a popular choice for the kind of shooting most people are doing with their AIs. It’s also very telling that you bought a .338LM barrel but don’t know the difference between them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Earnhardt
March make all scopes by request: you order your scope and then they will make it specifically for you. Some retailers may stock some March scopes, but I do not think anyone ever stocked Genesys.
Longrangesupply says that the current wait time is 3 months: https://www.longrangesupply.com/store4/index.php?route=product/category&path=125 . Maybe they can make Genesys faster. I'd recommend contacting Don and asking him: he should know better than anyone else.
P.S. I'd highly recommend adding a focus wheel https://www.longrangesupply.com/store4/index.php?route=product/product&path=34&product_id=2592 because as pretty much every March scope, Genesys has parallax adjustment on a finicky side. For my Genesys I also added an ARD: https://www.longrangesupply.com/store4/index.php?route=product/product&path=34&product_id=2489 .

No idea about the lead times in the US, but please share a few pictures once you got the setup completed.

It sounds like the stuff of my dreams.
To save you 3 months while the OP will be waiting for the Genesys, here are both Genesys and 5-42x56 :)

Attachments

• g542.jpg
    g542.jpg
    999.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Love
Reactions: tangloppen
Talk with @MNTC he is a distributor for North America and a Hide Member, he can get you a more precise date and a great price