• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Led lighting for your safe!

everyreggie

Private
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2009
I don't know if this company has been talked about in here before, sorry if this is old news for most.

I just installed a LED kit in my safe from the guys over at <span style="font-weight: bold">lite tech auto</span>.

It is exactly as advertised and went in very easy, I went with batteries as I don't have a spare plug near my safe, also I went with the large safe option even though I don't really have what i would call a large safe! (27"x24") I did this because you get a additional strip for across the top f the safe, not just down the sides!

Easy purchase, they use Paypal, got it in 3 days and took 10 minutes to install.

<span style="font-weight: bold">I have no affiliation to the company,just thought I would pass on the heads up</span>!!!!

Lite tech auto

Re: Led lighting for your safe!

Thanks for the link. My wife & I have been to the local hardware stores and their selections are bleak at best. Many more options at LiteTech.

She wants under cabinet lights and I want reloading bench illumination. Now I think I'll follow your suit & spruce up the safe as well.

If I could figure out how to post a picture for you I would!!

We just redid our kitchen, our electrician ran plain LED tape attached to a peice of aluminum stocok as a mount and wired it to low voltage wire. it rocks!!

This stuff is easy to use:

http://www.amazon.com/Flexible-LED-Ribbo...0915&sr=8-2

I deal a lot with it as I fly remote control airplanes at night a lot and I use different colors of those strips for orientation. I also lit up the inside of my car with a strip in the floorboards and made a light suit for halloween. There are tons of uses for those strips and they are cheap. As long as you can solder two wires to a batter lead you are good to go since the strips are self adhesive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gathert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This stuff is easy to use:

http://www.amazon.com/Flexible-LED-Ribbo...0915&sr=8-2

I deal a lot with it as I fly remote control airplanes at night a lot and I use different colors of those strips for orientation. I also lit up the inside of my car with a strip in the floorboards and made a light suit for halloween. There are tons of uses for those strips and they are cheap. As long as you can solder two wires to a batter lead you are good to go since the strips are self adhesive. </div></div>

Wow, 5 meters for $11.50? Thanks for the link!

I actually have had a set of that LED tape from amazon but this kit is better IMHO!

I cant get the Picture right so here is the link!!
Just so you know this is NOT my safe...wish it was though!!!

Picture 1

so how does one install this in their vault? pressure switch on the door to know when it is closed? it is powered by battery? or outlet?

It comes with velcro attached on the sleeve of the lights. So it can stick directly to the carpeting or in my case I used the other side of velcro that came with it and stuck it to the metal.

I usedape on the switch to find the right spot then I super glued the pressure switch at the bottom of the safe.

You can hear the switch click when it engages, or you can put a video camera in it to see if turns off!!
grin.gif

It comes with either a battery pack or an outlet setup!

I have a strand of decorative indoor outdoor rope LED lights installed in the safe right inside and around the whole door jam. It is bright enough and will not blind you. Also low heat and reliable. I got mine from Home Depot

I used the LED battery operated motion detector lights from costco. Works great cause i never forget to turn it off.

That's a he'll of a deal, I'm going to order a set. Thanks for sharing.

Received the light kit already and installed it. it is awesome! Really glad to have it. I was sick of using a flashlight to find stuff. This kit makes everything very visible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ckfishdive</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used the LED battery operated motion detector lights from costco. Works great cause i never forget to turn it off. </div></div>

I'm using the same setup. Good and cheap - although it looks like the setup shown here would do a better job of lighting the whole safe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: everyreggie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="font-weight: bold">I have no affiliation to the company,just thought I would pass on the heads up</span>!!!!

</div></div>

I'm morbidly curious to know what your enthusiasm would be like if you WERE affiliated with the company.

Ordered my kit and had it 3 days later. Installed it today and I am very happy. Thanks for the heads up.