• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Left Handed Chassis...Which One?

Hunt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2005
Tennessee
I'm building a 6.5 Creedmoor on a LH Defiance Deviant (swept handle). The barrel is a Hawk Hill (26") in a Marksman contour. I'm dizzy with the array of selection and choices related to chassis systems. I've always been a fiberglass stock fan but thought I'd try a chassis. I've been looking at the following:

- XLR Envy
- MPA BA Competition Chassis
- Manners MCS-DBM
- JAE-700

For those of you that have been down this road, would you tell me what you prefer and offer any other options I haven't looked into? Also, what should I consider when looking into a chassis? I'd prefer to have easy access of bolt removal when cleaning as opposed to wrenching on a stock piece to gain access. If there is such a concern, I'd like to make sure no bedding compounds are needed to achieve optimal accuracy. This setup will be used for mainly target use and maybe some occasional local PRS matches.

I'm a lefty and went with the MPA Comp chassis. I asked the question on here not too long ago and responses towards the MPA chassis were overwhelmingly positive. It's reasonably priced and offers a ton of features and adjustability. My gunsmith recently had a chance to play around with one and he's by no means a chassis guy, he doesn't own one but he said the MPA whilst not pretty to look at, was the most comfortable chassis he has been behind.

I kind of hedged my bets a little bit as I have a Konohawk K2T coming to Australia, it will be the first one here and I'm dropping a Tikka action into that, but that rifle will be more of a do-it-all kind of rifle.

I'm a lefty also. All those options you listed will work really well. If you are going to be leaning toward more PRS the MPA offers the most bang for the buck. If you do go that route make sure you bug them to make the EVG grip left handed!
The JAE is really nice also - downsides are the weight (makes everything else feel light) and price.
XLR Envy is their newest and also has some of the newer gamer features for prs. I have an XLR element and really like the ergonomics on it a lot - may be my favorite for 'feel.' Keep in mind this is a very subjective quality.
Still have a manners T4, has an obvious different feel but cannot say there is anything about it I don't like. With Ingenuity Gunworks now making rails with Manners you can get these up to speed for any gaming as well. I am really excited about this, in fact mine is at Manners now waiting to get the rail fitted.

Another lefty here. out of the list you provided, I would vote for the MPA as it's has tons of features. No experience with the JAE unfortunately.

That said, I run the Killer Innovation Orias chassis. It requires no bedding and if you follow the torque sequence, zero POI shift after removing and reinstalling the barreled action in the chassis. I run them on both my match rifle and trainer.

39010601162_ae2886f8ba_k.jpg

i went from 'stock' stock to chassis a few months ago. got the mpa ba comp (lefty) and have no complaints. i looked at a couple of other brands and a few had flimsy looking cheek rests. the mpa is definitely robust all over. my barrelled action was a little diff than basic rem 700 so i had to dremel and even use an angle grinder a little to fit the different bolt release switch/lever. the accurate mags i got work perfectly but couldn't get the cheaper pmag mags to work.

I'm a newbie so....I have shot a few guns and started building my first selecting a Savage 10 FCP-SR in 6.5 CM. My chassis when I get it figured out:

https://mdttac.com/

I'm sick for an LSS XL Gen II. I shot a Savage 10 in .308 with a AccuStock and then shot it again with an MDT chassis and there was no comparison. This is how I'll roll for my first gun and I'll let everyone know how it works out. I'm a right handed/left eye dominant shooter that shoots right handed guns left handed but I'd still look at MDT and see what they have for a real lefty.

VooDoo

Last edited:
I have an AICS with viper skins on it, which is another option if you want something indestructible (not that any other chassises aren’t tough). I’ve shot other people’s manners T4As and I think those are one of the most comfortable stocks out there, that’s probably the only thing I’d switch to.

I am a lefty and I’ve owned a few. I’m surprised I haven’t seen KRG listed in this thread. I’ve owned two and absolutely loved them. They offer great options and are balanced perfectly. I always saw MPA and KRG as the top chassis options in my eyes.

I’ve since moved to an AI and I’m selling the KRG but I absolutely loved it. Might be worth a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk