• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lehigh Defense 121 Match solids

jambau

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2010
PA
Anyone know why the Lehigh Defense 121 gr. Match Solids are listed as to be for the 6.5 Creedmore only? I sent an email to Lehigh Defense but no response yet. I've used these in my 260 rem with excellent results.

Just a thought but it could be the drive bands and how the bullet is seated to benefit from the bands. The 6.5 has a longer neck than, for example, the 260, which could affect the location of the bands when seated. I believe Warner recommends (for their solids) at least 60% of the band be exposed.

So I heard back from Lehigh Defense:

Pete Vogel - LD (lehigh-defense)
Dec 22, 11:11 EST
Jim, this is Pete Vogel and I am reviewing your ticket. That's a good question, and I will check with the team to see what they have to say. One of the issues that we run into from time-to-time is that we may develop a bullet for one cartridge, but due to time constraints or a lack of available weapon platforms we do not qualify the bullet for other cartridges.

We do our best to publish data that we feel is accurate for our bullets, and until we have a chance to confirm the performance of our bullet in a particular cartridge we will not publish the data. Actually, there have been a number of instances when customers, such as yourself, will prove out a bullet in a particular cartridge and for that we would like to thank you for bringing this is our attention.

I will pass your note along to the team to see what they have to say. Again, thank you for the heads up.

I would like to mention that we are closed this week, so there might be a delay in getting back to you.

Thanks Again for helping to make Lehigh a better company.

V/R

Pete Vogel

So I've been working with this bullet and currently I'm loading it over 40.2 gr. of RL 15. Accuracy is just under MOA. I have other experimental loads that I'll be sending down range ASAP. I'll post them when I'm done but I need a new chrono first. Maybe Santa will come through for me.

Reactions: Defender3
So I finally settled on a recipe. Hornady Brass turned and neck sized only. CCI BR2 primers, 44.6 gr. of IMR4451. I did not measure the jump but I can tell you it is a long way. I mag feed everything so it has to fit. My SD is 11 fps. This round is moving at 3040 fps out of my 20" CTR with suppressor. It appears to be holding slightly less than 1/2 moa. Having said that, I have only shot this load to 300yds then ran out of rounds. I plan to make this my standard round for this particular gun so I will be loading up about 100rds and taking them to 1K as soon as I can.