• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LEO SNIPER SCHOOL FREEEE!!!!

gumball

Private
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2008
wv
Guys I was just informed by the instructor at Jacksonville NC on the dates of his upcoming sniper course. I went to this course and it is very good. It is a tuition free course but for law enforcement only. the instructor is Devon Bryan and Ray Gellar Ray used to instruct at Blackwater as a Sniper instructor. If you are interested or have any questions you can email me at [email protected] or you can contact Lt bryan and Jacksonville PD

Sniper I October 12-16
Sniper II October 19-23

Re: LEO SNIPER SCHOOL FREEEE!!!!

I may try for Sniper II, if I can get the time off. E-mail inbound.

Awww, I guess its time for me to join the force.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GCMxVeGeTa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...its time for me to join the force.</div></div>
star-wars-the-clone-wars-2008090-5.jpg

guys i passed along the emails to the instructor he should be in contact with you with details

I would be interested in more information regarding Sniper-1 for LEO. Can you point me in the direction of what the course covers, required equipment, and required experience.

Shooters

The Jacksonville Police Department is planning on holding a Sniper I October 12-16 and Sniper II 19-23, 2009. Sniper I will be 52 hours long and Sniper II will be 50 hours long. The class is FREE to in-state law enforcement officers. For out of state law enforcement officers the cost will be somewhere around $65. The course is run through Coastal Carolina Community College so that you can receive points toward your law enforcement certificates. I try and limit the class size to about 20-25 and it fills up fast. Also if you know of an agency that could utilize this training please feel free to send them this information.

If you have any questions please feel free to email me.

“Within a Minute”

Lt. Devon Bryan

Jacksonville Police Department

[email protected]

(910) 455-1472 (work)

(910) 548-3372 (work cell)

The school is 52 hours long and covers several different areas of a Law Enforcement Sniper which include but not limited to:

Equipment Selection and Maintenance
Scope Adjustments
Data Book / Gun Book
Sniper Selection
Range Estimation
Ballistics
Effects of Weather
Shooting Positions
Camouflage, Cover, Concealment
Communications
Sniper Team Organization and Mission
Shooting Through Glass
Angle Shooting
Deadly Force

Some of the practical exercises will include but not limited to:

Setting up Rifles
Rapid Bolt Manipulation
Glass Shooting
Setting up Urban Hides
Hostage Scenario
Woodland Movement
Sniper Initiated Shots
Command Fire
Stress Fire
Firing Positions
Movers and Bobbers
Egg Shoot
Mil-Dot Exercises
KIM Games
Observation Exercises
FINAL EXAM (WRITTEN AND PRACTICAL)

The following is a list of things that are essential:

Rifle w/ scope
Bullets (200 just to be sure)
Hearing protection
Cleaning equipment
Shooting pack, bean bag, sand bag,
Cold weather gear
Water!!!!!!!!!!!
Rain gear (because you never know)
Binoculars
Writing utensils
Food (power bars, trail mix, etc.)
Tactical Uniform
Medication (allergic reaction medication)
Calculator

The following is a list of things that are nice to have:

Shooting Mat
Spotting scope
Colored lens light
Sun screen
Ghillie suit
Camo BDU’s

A few motels in the area:

Sleep Inn
(910) 478-0099

Holiday Inn Express
(910) 347-1900

Comfort Suites
(910) 346-8900

Hampton Inn
(910) 347-6500

Fairfield Inn
(910) 938-4499

Microtel
(910) 455-4142

For out-of-state law enforcement officers the class will be approximately $65 (tuition for all colleges just went up so it may be a little more) per student and it is FREE for law enforcement officers in the state of North Carolina. Make checks payable to Coastal Carolina Community College.

Contacts:
Lt. Devon Bryan [email protected]
Paul Buchanan [email protected] (Coastal Carolina Community College)

Class will begin at the Jacksonville Police Department at 0730 on October 12, 2009
206 Marine Blvd.
Jacksonville, NC
(910) 455-1472

Thanks for that. A few questions if I may:

1. What are the distances students shoot at on Sniper II?

2. Is there any UKD, and if so is it on a UKD range?

3. Is October hurricaine season down there?

4. Is there camping/showers available on site?

Damn, and I was hoping to qualify in a 90mph full-value wind.
laugh.gif

Graham

I put Devo's contact info at the bottom if you want to send it to him. I do know that the range is the Hathcock range on the marine base and you will have to get you a hotel room for showers and such I dont know anything about the range I havent been there Im hoping to get to go to sniper II myself

Damn.....I would love to shoot on Hathcock at Stone Bay again. Maybe see the schoolhouse again. Hurricanes and the Carolina coast just go together. Nothing like waking up and finding every window in the parking lot blown out.

Just got back from the Sniper I course.

Excellent training, got soaked the entire time. Temps were from 50-80 degrees (and very evident ballistic changes during those temp swings). I'll try to put together a short write up soon.

Please tell me they are going to do this again. Looking forward to the write up on it, are you going to post it here or start a new thread?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn.....I would love to shoot on Hathcock at Stone Bay again. Maybe see the schoolhouse again. </div></div>

You got that right!!! Doesn't anyone in the area offer a good refresher program for the former military now civilian precision shooters? I don't even mind paying... Hint, Hint.

Any of you guys going to Sniper II let me know if you stay for the weekend, id be interested in meeting some of you guys and shooting with you on the weekend if you stick around

Deadly, sorry I couldn't catch up with you when I was down there. The Sniper I course ran 0730 til 2200 each day! Next year I'm going to try to do them both back to back.

guys
just talked to devo on the phone and he said that he will let me know when the next school will be. I will be sure to post it up as soon as I get the info.

Ok guys
Ive had a few emails regarding the next class. I emailed Devo and he replied that they are looking around march or april for the next set of classes. I dont have any specific dates yet but ill keep you posted as I get it.

Ok Guys it appears that things have changed a little but its still a good deal. I just received this from the instructor.
The dates for Sniper I will be March 28 through April 1 and Sniper II will be April 4-8. If you have officers that would like to attend please send me an email with the names of who will be attending. For North Carolina Law Enforcement Officer the course is FREE! For out-of-state law enforcement officers the tuition rate is approximately $125.

Good deal.

I will see if work will send me and my team.

Thanks

The school is 52 hours long and covers several different areas of a Law Enforcement Sniper which include but not limited to:

Equipment Selection and Maintenance
Scope Adjustments
Data Book / Gun Book
Sniper Selection
Range Estimation
Ballistics
Effects of Weather
Shooting Positions
Camouflage, Cover, Concealment
Communications
Sniper Team Organization and Mission
Shooting Through Glass
Angle Shooting
Deadly Force

Some of the practical exercises will include but not limited to:

Setting up Rifles
Rapid Bolt Manipulation
Glass Shooting
Setting up Urban Hides
Hostage Scenario
Woodland Movement
Sniper Initiated Shots
Command Fire
Stress Fire
Firing Positions
Movers and Bobbers
Egg Shoot
Mil-Dot Exercises
KIM Games
Observation Exercises
FINAL EXAM (WRITTEN AND PRACTICAL)

The following is a list of things that are essential:

Rifle w/ scope
Bullets (200 just to be sure)
Hearing protection
Cleaning equipment
Shooting pack, bean bag, sand bag,
Cold weather gear
Water!!!!!!!!!!!
Rain gear (because you never know)
Binoculars
Writing utensils
Food (power bars, trail mix, etc.)
Tactical Uniform
Medication (allergic reaction medication)
Calculator

The following is a list of things that are nice to have:

Shooting Mat
Spotting scope
Colored lens light
Sun screen
Ghillie suit
Camo BDU’s

A few motels in the area:

Sleep Inn
(910) 478-0099

Holiday Inn Express
(910) 347-1900

Comfort Suites
(910) 346-8900

Hampton Inn
(910) 347-6500

Fairfield Inn
(910) 938-4499

Microtel
(910) 455-4142

For out-of-state law enforcement officers the class will be approximately $125 (tuition for all colleges just went up so it may be a little more) per student and it is FREE for law enforcement officers in the state of North Carolina. Make checks payable to Coastal Carolina Community College.

Contacts:
Lt. Devon Bryan [email protected]
Paul Buchanan [email protected] (Coastal Carolina Community College)

Class will begin at the Jacksonville Police Department at 0730 on March 28, 2011
206 Marine Blvd.
Jacksonville, NC
(910) 455-1472

Shooters

The Jacksonville Police Department will be holding a Basic Sniper Course (Sniper I) on March 28, 2011 through April 1, 2011. The Advanced Sniper Course (Sniper II) will be held the following week on April 4-8, 2011. There is no prerequisite to attend Sniper II but it has been my experience in the past that having a basic sniper course is extremely beneficial. For North Carolina sworn law enforcement officers the courses are FREE. For outside sworn law enforcement officer the cost will be $125. Officers who successfully complete the course will receive training points which can be used toward your Advanced Certificate. I have attached a document which gives a breakdown of the courses and what you will need to bring. If you are interested in attending please send me the name(s) of the officers who will be coming. If you know of an agency that would benefit from this training please feel free to pass it along to them.

Guys,
The last couple of posts are copys of emails that Devo sent me today. Just thought I would post them for you guys that are interested.

I went to Sniper I in Oct. 2008. I just got Department approval and sent Devo a confirmation for Sniper II! Anybody on her go thru Sniper I in Oct. 08?
For anyone considering this training, you won't regret it.

No catch. Just great training, pretty laid back and a lot of good information. Sniper II usually goes to Stone Bay and gets a little 1000 yard shooting.

I have been there several times, great school, great place to see gear and learn which ones are strugling. You can train with all branches of military as well as LE from across the country. It used to fill up fast. Shooting the grand at Stonebay is limited due to time.

I will be coming from Boston and attending both Basic Sniper 1 and 2.Does anyone know which motel most of the PO's will be staying at that will be attending this course? Can anyone reccomend a decent place at a good price rate.

Callahan, I'm not sure where most are staying but myself and Stag15m4 will be staying at the Comfort Suites. We have never stayed there and we don't know it it is a decent place. We got a rate of $65.90 a night.

Hope this helps a little...

Comfort Suites
(910) 346-8900

Engineer Deputy, Thank you for your reply.

I will be coming from SC, looking for a hotel as well. When I checked online most were above 90$.

I called Comfort Suites they wanted 90.00 per night. Just went through Tripple A and booked six nights at Day's Inn for 67.90 per night includes Micro, Refrig, Wi fi and Continental Breakfast. Hope this helps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael Callahan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I called Comfort Suites they wanted 90.00 per night. Just went through Tripple A and booked six nights at Day's Inn for 67.90 per night includes Micro, Refrig, Wi fi and Continental Breakfast. Hope this helps. </div></div>

may i ask why did you book six nights?

ill be getting there today around 7 if anyone would like to grab something to eat or shoot the breeze send me an IM