• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Less expensive Gun Kote....

The Mall Ninja

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2008
North Pole, AK
Is there anyone on the Hide willing to do a single color Duracoat, or Gun Kote job on a barreled action, bolt, rings, base, and scope for under $150.00? with all the right prep work. i know its alot to ask but the old lady just broke her leg and funds are kind of tight right now as she is gonna be out of work for at least a few month
these were taken about 6 hours after it happened, the swelling is still to bad to put a cast on it yet
P3160354.jpg
P3170358.jpg
P3170359.jpg

Re: Less expensive Gun Kote....

Acetone won't remove the half parkerized inside of the action. and i do not want to put more sandpaper down into the chamber. i realize that i was an idiot to do so in the first place. the whole assembly needs to be seriously media blasted and there really is not any place around here that i can do it. somewhere here on base there is a media blaster but i am unable to bring a firearm to work.

Firearm correct but a barreled action with the trigger and bolt removed probably wouldnt get a secons glance esp if put inside a mailing tube...just sayin

fully understandable but but carrying parts of firearms around on miltary installations, at least here can get me in deep shit. I only have 3 stripes right now and i would like to keep them, money is short as is, and losing a stripe would make me even worse off. They are extremely "picky" about the rules around here

Try a local Gunshop................that does repairs.
Any one of them worth their salt do Bluing........
And will have a Blast Cabinet.

What color are you looking for?

If it's a color I already have and you can send it to me ready to be blasted (trigger removed) I'll get it coated with DC and ship it back for $150.

i just want a matte black, nothing extravagent. as far as removing the trigger i really dont know how. i have a few ideas but really don't want to screw anthing up... i will look into how to remove it. and will get back to you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoldenRod</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not a good idea to get acetone on your glass.
cry.gif

GR</div></div>
Does USO use a different coating than the rest of the makers?
http://usoptics.com/video/cln1.wmv