• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Let’s help Terry Cross!

Rob01

Staff member
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2001
NC
Terry had some bad damage from the hurricane and could use some help from the SH community. We all know Terry and I am sure he has helped out almost everyone at one time or another. Now we can help him.

Can we do a GGWG thing here and bypass the GFM stuff? I can volunteer to collect but I'm not that well known here.

The Go Fund Me is already set up and has donations but if you wanted to set up another one I am sure the more help the better.

Done. Just not a fan of GFM. Be careful or you'll end up "tipping" GFM a percentage.

Yup not sure where the goal number came from but I am sure with a large tree through the house Terry can use as much help as we can give so let’s keep it going.

Reactions: Average guy
Done.

Mr. Cross was always helpful and available to a new guy with stupid questions. He is, IMO, a total class act.

I'm sorry that he and his business was impacted by this hurricane and I wish them all a speedy recovery back to normal life.

Done. Don’t know the guy, and I doubt anyone here knows me, and that’s ok. 99.9% of the people here are great people, there are the exceptions as there are in any community. I find myself in these times trying to see the good in humanity and I see it here. I hope he and his own get through this. Thanks SH

Reactions: jackinfl and lash
I’ve never met Terry, but I dealt with him in a minor way regarding his hardware. There’s no doubt in my mind, based on my time here and my personal dealings, that he is the epitome of a solid human being. One who stands out as an example for us all.

Worth a few shekels to me to help him in a time of trial.

I'm merely a customer of Terry's, don't know him personally, but he has repeatedly made an impression on me as pure integrity and class. He represents the best of this community.

Thanks for setting this up.

Reactions: Slowroll
In with a Benjamin.
Terry's always been here for Us! Time for some good Karma in return!

Hi,

I spoke to Terry for a few minutes yesterday evening.

He was at the shop pushing water out and setting up fans to help dry it out faster. Shop was running on generator.

He has a huge pecan tree sitting in his house. Good news is the removal crew might be able to get to it in next couple days instead of couple weeks.

He was in the normal TC good spirits!! The guy is dealing with all that shit yet asked me about how I was doing, how my businesses were going and industry in general. CLASS ACT all the way.

Sincerely,
Theis

Another Clarke trying to help. I don’t know Terry either but his reputation deserves respect. Done.

Been through several lifetimes’ worth of hurricanes, can totally relate..donation sent.

Saw Mr. Short Shorts about 2 weeks ago. He has a lot on his plate right now. He was super busy but doing well before the storm hit. The tree on the house is just one issue of a few he's going to have to fix. He's being his typical self, and downplaying any problems when asked about them. I know he'd be the last person to want a GFM set up for him, but I also know he will be genuinely super appreciative of everyone that helped.

Done. Never done business with him but he’s pm’d me with answers to questions in the past. Helpful dude. Happy to return the favor.

I won't use go fund me because of the shit with Kyle. If someone will PM me an address, I'm in.

Reactions: NiteQwill
As if you needed another reason to donate to help Terry but this was posted on the GFM page as an update.:
“Vu Pham has donated a Gene Ingram custom knife to raffle off. Every $10 donated to this GFM will get you an entry, including those that have already contributed! Let’s keep it going! I will post pictures of the blade on Facebook for those that are interested.”

Good afternoon my SH friends. Update as of 8-31-2020 16:46 CST.

I have not had much access to internet since last Thursday.
Most of the land lines and internet services in the area are down. Initially even the cell systems were spotty or unavailable. The crews are working in and around the airpark where KMW is so I may have business comms back up way sooner than expected.

Due to very limited communication options and staying kinda busy with residence and shop for the last few days, I did not know about the GFM thing until yesterday. A couple of buds that got through to me mentioned something about it but I totally figured they were fucking with me (because I would totally do that to them).

Ditto about this SH thread. I was just pointed to it.

I really don't know what to say about this thread and your effort. I'm very humbled, flabbergasted and appreciative of your support.

I initially wanted to bitch and moan about the GFM thing. Then some of my close buds crawled my ass about being so independent that I might come across as unappreciative or a dick. I would rather cut off an arm that come across like that.

Last night, I was able to make a hotspot with my cell phone and get my laptop on the internet long enough to post update/storm damage messages to the KMW web site and the KMW FaceBook page.

Was able to also get a message to Logan at the OPPS (found out the damned Okies are the ones that did the GFM thing) with an update to post.

So......after finding this thread, I felt that I should do the same thing here to say THANK YOU and give you an update.

Two positive things have happened at my residence now that were originally forecast to take another 7 to 14 days.
1 is that we somehow have power restored. To put this in context, everybody around us is pretty much still without and tons of people West and SW of me will definitely be 4 weeks or more. So with temps hitting around 100 and heat index hitting the 108-114 mark, getting power was a blessing. We may
lose it again tonight but have it solid right now.

2 is that somehow the crew I contracted to bring a crane and saws in, made it to the house this AM and finished a few hours ago!

There was a total of 9 holes in the roof where the tree breached through. Water came into 6 out of 9 rooms in the house. Several walls compromised from
the tree impact. I just finished re-covering the newly reopened holes and trying to weather in the roof against rain for now.
Could be a while before we can get the contractor to inspect and report on the structural integrity of the house.

Prolly be quite a while before any repairs / rebuilding can begin because there are hundreds of houses in the state with similar damage and thousands
with still substantial damage. Just have to wait our turn.

As we get into the cooler months, I will be looking at weeks and weeks of running saws to cut up and move a couple dozen large oaks and hickories on the property. Gonna be sick of wienie roasts...

Bottom Line is that We are fine. We are going to stay in the house for now since we have power and it is weathered in again. KMW is intact and will be back in full swing within 24-48 hours I think.
Nobody was injured. We are fortunate and blessed. Don't have to look far to the West and SW to be reminded of that.

Here are some pics of them getting the large pecan tree with a lot of large limbs already removed, sectioned and lifted off the house this AM.

20200831_095606.jpg

20200831_101136.jpg

20200831_103719.jpg

I appreciate the kind words above and the very generous assistance with something I would have never considered asking for.

I would like to ask you and all of those in your circles for one more thing. Pray for our country, be good citizens and be active in communicating with your elected officials on all levels. We have a incredibly important election coming in November. We must not open the door for this country to slide further into the wrong hands.

Thank you all.
Be safe.

Terry

./