• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Let’s start a coyote thread.

Couple more turkey/fawn/calf eaters that won't be causing anymore problems. A friend had a calf get his back legs chewed a few weeks ago near this area, doubt we got the ones doing the chewing, but you never know
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

EE4D0066-8F52-42A5-95FE-C3892204B0F8.jpeg

KS. Also the worst blown up Coyote I’ve ever seen. The exit was larger than a basketball. 22-250@ 20yds is rough on a running coyote.

Reactions: 260284 and TACC
My god that is a gorgeous piece of wood on that rifle!!

Thanks Man! I bought it on gunbroker for 350 bucks. Its a 700 adl with a home finished Fajen. It looked like the guy finished sanded it with a dremel tool and finished it with shitty shellac. After much stripping, sanding, and 1 million coats of minwax antique oil it turned out great. Its also sub moa after a deep clean of the barrel and bedding/floating the action/barrel. Its posted in the bolt action thread.

Reactions: TACC and Alabusa
Helped a land owner with a coyote problems. Took this Male with the Howa 1500 .204 ruger at 80 yards.

Attachments

• 20200417_080428.jpg
    20200417_080428.jpg
    736.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 20200417_080708.jpg
    20200417_080708.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 63
Reactions: TACC
No coyote for us yet but I’d like to share a story that my son, who is a mentor youth, and I experienced. It’s turkey season in PA and on the first day of the season my son and I were set up just off of a quad trail. Our backs were against the same tree with his right shoulder and my left shoulder touching. I’m explaining our setup so you can get a mental picture. I start calling, making a few yelps every 5 minutes or so. I called twice and then heard a small rustling directly behind me. Thinking it was a mouse or a chipmunk, I didn’t move. Then I heard it again to my left. I look and 15 feet from us is a coyote. It sees my movement and takes off. I actually heard it’s foot falls as it ran away. That’s the closest I’ve ever been to a coyote. My son says to me, “It was right there! I mean right there!” He’s pointing to the quad path to his left. Wanna talk about excitement? That got his heart beating REALLY fast. He made me feel his heart beating out of his chest. Haha. About 20 minutes later a hen saw me and took a tom with her when she left. When we got up to leave our spot I looked on the quad path and sure enough there were paw prints no more than 5 feet from where he was sitting. He says the reason he didn’t shoot it was because he’s never seen a coyote before and wasn’t sure if it was a fox, a dog or what. He wanted to check with me before he shot. That right there is a good, ethical hunter. I’m proud of him.

Guess I should not have deleted my coyote pictures. I ran out of space on my phone. Had over 2500 dead coyote pics. Sort of grim. I just take pictures to keep count by years.

Where are you?
They just keep coming in. Apparently no danger of running out. I shoot a lot and also trap.

We have a lot of cats but I don’t seem to focus on them much. Need to do a mass removal this fall.

What where the buyers giving for yotes in Kansas? 50 seemed to be the average here for good dogs. Anything after the first of December was a little lower . They where bringing 85-90 in early November though. That’s whole carcasses.

I get excuses. Simply grew tired of listening to the bullshit the fur buyers spout. Rather spend my time hunting and trapping than fooling with them.

I remember when we where lucky to get 15 a dog ,when they where prime! Seemed like in those days... 5-8 bucks was average. Also in those times though..... I sold a cat for 195.00!

I get excuses. Simply grew tired of listening to the bullshit the fur buyers spout. Rather spend my time hunting and trapping than fooling with them.

I would sell them for you no charge, if we could find a way to get them down here. I know the real payoff is being in the woods. But at least it would pay for your gas, bullets, and maybe another toy for the range.

Reactions: TACC and 260284
I got a big alpha male out on the Rapp. Co. VA farm.

430 yds with a 6.5CM. That is big man holding this guy - 6'4", 250lbs, to give you idea how big this yote was.

1589299185224.png

If you are getting 100-200 a year, you should definitely sell them. Even if you don't want to skin them, you could have pocketed around $2000.

I take mine to a skinner and he gives me half. Pays for gas and bullets. Some brought $100, most averaged $50-60.

This vid has my favorite coyote hunt, my first triple. It starts at about 1:00 minute into the video. A fourth coyote was taken later than evening along with a couple boars.

Great video
Love the narration
Love the subtitles information

The subtitles were little quick so maybe I missed it, are you shooting suppressed?

Shoot straight, shoot often

Keep the videos coming

Reactions: Double Naught Spy
A few of the nicer ones from last year, and a derby photo from a two day hunt. Prices were good last year for prime coyotes. Averaged $96 for the last lot I sold. Fleshed stretched and brushed. These were prime adult hides shot in early december, with minimal damage.

Attachments

• 20181202_141335.jpg
    20181202_141335.jpg
    587.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 20191212_081821.jpg
    20191212_081821.jpg
    760.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 20191126_114042.jpg
    20191126_114042.jpg
    828.2 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Reactions: SDBguy95 and TACC
Just make sure that this is a Coyote thread and not a Koyote thread.

Well driving out in Spanish Springs, I spotted a 'yote come out of the desert brush, cross the street in front of me and go into the brush on the other side. First one I have ever seen in 77 years of being on this planet. Fascinating...

Popped this little guy at about 10-15 yards on Saturday night. A little overkill, 3in 15 pellet 00 buck.

Attachments

• IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    838.5 KB · Views: 54
This guy came running into my icotec within 10 minutes of calling.. Stood there and looked at me a second too long. I always forget how violent rage broadheads are.. Maybe I don’t shoot enough animals.
3AFE4043-882A-4973-BB8E-F378ED15C9C0.jpeg

This guy came running into my icotec within 10 minutes of calling.. Stood there and looked at me a second too long. I always forget how violent rage broadheads are.. Maybe I don’t shoot enough animals. View attachment 7461752
Fur looks a little weird, or is it just the picture?