• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Lets see all the M1A/M14 in SAGE or TROY Srocks

1stIDvet

Non-sniper
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2009
Illinois
I would like to see who all has these stocks and what optics there running. Im sure some of you wont mind alittle show and tell.

Re: Lets see all the M1A/M14 in SAGE or TROY Srocks

Socom 16 in a Troy MCS. I run a Nightforce 2.5-10x32 but removed in pic.
img_1251.jpg

I like the tan, how does she shoot? What distance do you push her?

m1as.jpg

Here is mine and the wives Springfield M1As. Couldn't find a single shot of mine so I figured I'd show both. My M1A is a Standard, Sage EBR Chassis, Gen3 Scope Mount, Leupold Mark2 3-9x40 w/MilDot, SpecOps Master Blaster 2 point sling (tan), YHM bipod adapter and Haris bipod (not sure of model).
My wife's is a Loaded with Nat Match Medium Weight barrel, ARMS 18 Scope mount, Leupold Mk4 MRT 3-9x36 M1 w/MilDot, Haris #2adapter for her 9-13 Swivel LegNotch, and to get cheek weld proper a CoyoteM1A cheek Pad.
Both M1As have Sadlak National Match Operating Rod Guides. I semi-unitzed her gas system with the two extra shims from my Sage. And then of course the RX1 and Spotter, both Leupolds.

Awesome setup's there. Is there a noticeable difference in weight between the two? I understand that the SAGE EBR is heavier than the MOD 1 and MOD 0. Thanks for sharing!

The EBR and Mod 0 use the same stock.

ooooh ok. What is it that they did to the MOD 1 to lighten it up then? drill more holes?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1stIDvet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ooooh ok. What is it that they did to the MOD 1 to lighten it up then? drill more holes? </div></div>
All new production SAGE chassis are the same. The Mod 1 stock uses an AR style receiver extension tube that accepts a few different AR style butt stocks. The Mod 0/EBR uses the original, all metal butt stock with LOP adjustment and an adjustable cheek riser.

My setup as it sits right there weighs at just a tad over 16 pounds. My wifes (with a 1907 leather sling) is 14 and change. Not extermely bad humping it around SE Wyoming though. Took it Antelope hunting (before the chasis) and after instal have taking it coyote hunting. Not too bad walking around with it. I love the way it balances. My wife, not so keen on how heavy it is, hence getting her the 700 VTR for when I take her Antelope hunting.

Here are 2 troy setups, the FDE package I had just sold to a fellow hide member, minus the rifle which I just switched over to my black MCS. I will be purchasing the Sage from Clyde as soon as they come in, which is this month I was told.

IMG_1538.jpg

IMG_1152-1.jpg

My M21A5 EBR right before it shipped off to SEI for a few upgrades including a medium heavy Crazy Horse barrel.
The stock is an original Mod 1 and the scope is an FDE Leupold Mark 4 3.5-10x40mm LR/T M2 with illuminated TMR.

M21A5-CrazyHorse_Tour-De-Force.jpg

Those are some really nice rifles. Making me want to blow my savings to get my scout going.

Heres mine in a Sage EBR. Leupold 3.5X10 TMR Illum Ret, Harris Bipod.
100_5280.jpg

Can't start em too young.
100_6171.jpg

My MK14 SEI in a SAGE M14ALCS/CV with a Leupold Mark 4 1.5-5x20mm MR/T M2 with illuminated SPR.

Suppressed-MK14-Mod1.jpg

SAGEEBRw_SABERAdjustableButtStock.jpg

This is the SAGE EBR setup with the Ashbury SABER-FORSST side folder adjustable butt stock system. You'll see this and all the other commercial offerings at SHOT.

What does the Ashbury SABER-FORSST side folder adjustable butt stock system weigh?
What folding mechanism is used?
Do you have pictures from the side that actually show the product?

Hillybilly, did you just rattle can your M1A or did you go with Duracoat, Cerakote, Alumahyde??????? Love the color though, and good pic with your boy! How old is he?

Love the rifles guys.. CoryT that is an interesting butt stock you have there.

-Hillbilly your right you cannot start em too young! teaching em to shoot and they'll never go hungry.

Re: Lets see all the M1A/M14 in SAGE or TROY Srock

Looks like it'll fit current SAGE chassis' and hopefully without any machining involved
-tagged for updates

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoryT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
SAGEEBRw_SABERAdjustableButtStock.jpg

This is the SAGE EBR setup with the Ashbury SABER-FORSST side folder adjustable butt stock system. You'll see this and all the other commercial offerings at SHOT. </div></div>

Could we get any range reports with accuracy increasing after installing one of these stock?

Before installing my Socom in the Troy MCS I was shooting around 4 MOA. After the installation it groups around 1.5 - 2 MOA using 168g FGMM. I have shot better groups but the average of what I'm seeing now is around 1.5. The stock has improved the grouping greatly. Also like the monolithic rail for mounting my Nighforce.

edgewater- How are those TROY BUIS? what do you think of them compared to the M1A irons? the main reason I like the SAGE is that it uses the original iron sights.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: edgewater</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Before installing my Socom in the Troy MCS I was shooting around 4 MOA. After the installation it groups around 1.5 - 2 MOA using 168g FGMM. I have shot better groups but the average of what I'm seeing now is around 1.5. The stock has improved the grouping greatly. Also like the monolithic rail for mounting my Nighforce.</div></div>

-2.5MOA. I've had the same results with my SOCOM. Try the Hornady TAP 110gr if you haven't already.

My very 1st EBR. It has been updated back to SEI twice for updates and upgrades.
This Crazy Horse EBR is a sub MOA shooter.

MK14SEI-MOD0-RI-Tshirt.jpg

I am still searching for the perfect scope for this EBR, the one pictured is from my M21A5 EBR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1stIDvet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">edgewater- How are those TROY BUIS? what do you think of them compared to the M1A irons? the main reason I like the SAGE is that it uses the original iron sights. </div></div>

I love the Troy BUIS system. I also run them on my POF 415. There nice to have but the main point in moving to the Troy MCS was to mount a scope. I regularly shoot past 200 yards so rarely use the BUIS. I feel that the Troy offers the most stable scope mounting platforms of the EBR systems available today. The Troy BUIS are as good as the original SA sights, minus the tritium.

Mp5sdnk- your rifle looks tough!

edgewater- I see what your saying. Do you hunt with that rifle?

I have owned 5 TROY stocks, this was the last of them before I sold it and put the action in a SAGE.

H2O%27s-TROY-MCS.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have owned 5 TROY stocks, this was the last of them before I sold it and put the action in a SAGE.

H2O%27s-TROY-MCS.jpg
</div></div>

Thats saying alot about the sage if you have owned 5 troy's and got rid of them. what exactly do you not like about them? is it weight? over all feel? are they to big and clumsy?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1stIDvet</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have owned 5 TROY stocks, this was the last of them before I sold it and put the action in a SAGE.

H2O%27s-TROY-MCS.jpg
</div></div>

Thats saying alot about the sage if you have owned 5 troy's and got rid of them. what exactly do you not like about them? is it weight? over all feel? are they to big and clumsy? </div></div>

Weight, over all feel, and they are big and clumsy plus the ability to field strip the rifle
was hampered by the front band design. I understand this situation was recently made better.
I also didn't like totally giving up the original iron sights.

I do like the SOCOM in the TROY. It seems like the perfect combination.

Thanks again for all your information and input H20man.

H2O MAN, let me know if you are ever interested in parting with any of your EBR's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBoss0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">H2O MAN, let me know if you are ever interested in parting with any of your EBR's. </div></div>

My wife won't let me sell any of them
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My very 1st EBR. It has been updated back to SEI twice for updates and upgrades.
This Crazy Horse EBR is a sub MOA shooter.

MK14SEI-MOD0-RI-Tshirt.jpg

I am still searching for the perfect scope for this EBR, the one pictured is from my M21A5 EBR</div></div>

H2O,

You know what would look sweet on that? A NF NXS 2.5-10x32. Nice rings btw; I have the same ones. Wire EDM is the nuts.

Here is my M1A. I have a Sadlak custom steel mount with Smith wire EDM low rings. I really like the Sage stock very much, but we cannot install them here in NY unless the receiver is a pre-ban (state adopted AWB). If I end up leaving NY, should I do this up in a Sage, or should I leave it as is, and start another build?

DSCN0234.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palmik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[

H2O,

You know what would look sweet on that? A NF NXS 2.5-10x32. Nice rings btw; I have the same ones. Wire EDM is the nuts. </div></div>
Thanks!

That NF scope is on my short list, but I have been unable to find a great deal on one.
The wire EDM rings are the shit for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

H2O,

You know what would look sweet on that? A NF NXS 2.5-10x32. Nice rings btw; I have the same ones. Wire EDM is the nuts. </div></div>

Has anyone been able to compare the NXS 2.5-10x24 and the 32mm model? I Plan on installing one of these on my EBR MOD 1 clone. I was planning on the 24mm objective model b/c that seems to be what the SEALS use but I was wondering if the image quality and/or field of view is poor at 10x. I am sure the 32mm model is slightly better in this department but I really like the compact nature of the 24mm model. However, I have not been able to see the 24mm model in person.
Not trying to hijack this thread but this scope conversation got me to thinking again. I will try to pst a pic of my rifle too if that will help.
smile.gif

How precise are the Troy BUIS compared to A2 style sights?

Thanks,
P.B.Walsh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sgtbutt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hillybilly, did you just rattle can your M1A or did you go with Duracoat, Cerakote, Alumahyde??????? Love the color though, and good pic with your boy! How old is he?</div></div>

He was 9 months in that pic, and he just turned 1 on the First. I used Brownells Gun Kote on it in OD Green and Dark Earth. I didn't bake the scope obviously but it still holds on pretty good and it easy to touch up. The Baking really makes it hold a whole lot better though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1stIDvet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Love the rifles guys.. CoryT that is an interesting butt stock you have there.

-Hillbilly your right you cannot start em too young! teaching em to shoot and they'll never go hungry.</div></div>

Yep my thoughts exactly. Traditions are meant to be kept.

H20MAN, what's your average wait time from SEI on a full build for a MOD1? Thought I'd ask you since you have about 17 of them. I'm not jealous or anything. Just saying.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBoss0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">H20MAN, what's your average wait time from SEI on a full build for a MOD1?
Thought I'd ask you since you have about 17 of them. I'm not jealous or anything. Just saying.
smile.gif
</div></div>

grin.gif

It all depends on how busy they are, but plan on 6 to 8 weeks.
Of course you will want to discuss this with Ron Smith himself.

Ugh I harbor a nearly unspeakable hatred for you. Not really, I just want an EBR like yours. I sold mine awhile back and it is the biggest regret I have. Thanks for the response. Sent you a PM.

H20MAN Do you mind sending me a PM with your email? I'd like to talk to you about the process if I could.

Does anyone know of a Folding stock for the TROY MCS stock?

M1a Match 22" medium barrel w/SEAL Grey Sage EBR

Ar15_EBR_SFMB.jpg

There are some absolutly sick shooters in here. My M1A has been sitting and waiting for some upgrades for awhile now and thanks to this thread I will have to put myself in further debt once again lol. If anyone in here has a Troy chassis or EBR for sale or know some good places to purchase please drop me a PM, cheapest I found for the Troy was Brownells (I get discount there). Thanks for showing the toys guys now im inspired lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mp5sd/n/k</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just for fun.

Picture4372.jpg

Picture4371.jpg

</div></div>

did we ever find out any info on the ashbury saber merged onto the sage?