• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lets see them hunting wagons

BiggBeans

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2017
Kansas
Post pics of your hunting wagons. Range wagons. Bug out wagons.

ill start. This is my 99 jeep cherokee. Shes old, but gets me everywhere i need to go.

8398104E-B023-4B3B-ABD5-680E6DD9FB0A.jpeg

Whatever truck I'm driving that day. 88, 00, 16, they've all been bloodied.

I do enjoy the Yukon for range trips in the cold. Leave the hatch up with the heater blasting and warm up. Not great for getting bloody because it'll stink eventually.

Man, that brings back some memories. I had an 86 the exact same color that I drove for well over 10 years as my main rig. High school all the way through when I started my career. It had well over 300k on it by the time it finally gave up the ghost. Pretty sure it had about 65hp, but it sure did get me into some trouble!

Man, that brings back some memories. I had an 86 the exact same color that I drove for well over 10 years as my main rig. High school all the way through when I started my career. It had well over 300k on it by the time it finally gave up the ghost. Pretty sure it had about 65hp, but it sure did get me into some trouble!
Seems I remember reading that the efi 22r developed 116 hp @ 3600 rpm.
The carburated version was around 105 hp and the earlier 20r was in the neighborhood of 95 hp.
I had a '79 4wd, an '82 2wd and an '85 sr5 4wd over the years.
The '79:
Screenshot_20210521-220247_Gallery.jpg

F250 Tremor with factory winch
That thing is my dream truck right now. I was angling hard for one as my company rig, but alas, I ended up with an F150 instead. Honestly, how does it ride down the highway? Shake your guts loose, or tolerable?

I’m liking the idea of getting an electric sxs. Would be awesome to be able to get around near silently

Mines a weird model. 88 sr5 with power everything and a sunroof. It was an auto, but has a 3.4 5spd swap out of a 96 tacoma. Scoots pretty good now!

Reactions: shields shtr
Facebook Marketplace.... Guy had it about 30 miles from where I lived. I did alot of the cosmetic fixing up and maintenance as well.
very nice. I plan to get one in the future. I've seen some decent deals on them. I think people buy them then realize the 'cool' isn't so 'cool' without the modern amenities lol

Reactions: Thumper580
20211112_074532.jpg
20201030_162231.jpg
20200307_143751.jpg

She's gone this year. This is my 4th F150 and might be my last. Just don't know what I'm going to replace it with yet.

Reactions: OLD18C
That thing is my dream truck right now. I was angling hard for one as my company rig, but alas, I ended up with an F150 instead. Honestly, how does it ride down the highway? Shake your guts loose, or tolerable?
Tolerable. Actually rides really nice for a Heavy Duty pickup. A lot better than my 2004 Dodge 3500. After changing the stock Duratracs to Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT tires, the ride improved even more.

IMG_2792.jpg

Deer fit in the trunk. I can sleep in the backseat. I can tow a trailer if I need to... never have, except for taking the motorcycle to the shop. And there ain't no hunting spot east of the Mississippi it can't get me close enough to. :)

Not mine but just like the one I had.

88 SR5
1988_toyota_pickup_2_dr_std_4wd_standard_cab_sb-pic-7896630196169219078-640x480.jpeg

Mine currently. 2014 TRD Sport with some mods. Have not owned another vehicle as long as this one, going on eight years currently. And I have no desire to get anything else at this point. Although being supercharged and 325hp/375tq doesn't hurt.🤠

IMG_4313.JPG

IMG_2092.JPG

IMG_2161.JPG

IMG_1953.JPG

IMG_1046.JPG

IMG_2010.JPG

IMG_2014.JPG

IMG_2036.JPG

But for when where you want to go is miles away or you have many miles to cover and you literally could not walk it in a night.
Yup. But don't forget this is an internet forum, so you must jump to conclusions immediately and declare your bad-assery by assuming everyone else is a mouth breather who just hunts from their vehicle.

I have utilized golf cars, mountain bikes, ye olde truck, 4 wheeler, snow shoes, skis, and of course, walking. The only thing I won't do any more is horses, fuck those things. My buddy won't hunt without his horses and every time we go it seems like there is some type of shenanigans. Not to mention you to have leave 2 hours earlier to account for the time to saddle everything. I digress though....

I am hoping to see some more modded golf cars.

Last edited:
Believe it or not, my economy sedan. The back seats fold down and I put my rifle and Eberlestock just one J34 pack there. 54 quart cooler in the trunk. I will skin and quarter in the field. Maybe even de-bone, too.

Attachments

• licensed-image.jpeg
    licensed-image.jpeg
    228.4 KB · Views: 32
I currently hunt whitetail, squirrel, and coyote very successfully less than 100-200 yards from my back door, depending on the stand/blind I sit. No vehicle technically necessary, but I’ve been thinking about getting a Ranger or Defender 1000 for property chores and food plot work. Owning some quality small acreage is the dream, and I’m living it.

Believe it or not, my economy sedan. The back seats fold down and I put my rifle and Eberlestock just one J34 pack there. 54 quart cooler in the trunk. I will skin and quarter in the field. Maybe even de-bone, too.
I hauled a rutty whitetail buck nearly 4 hours (field dressed, body cavity packed with ice) in my 2011 Ford Fusion a few years back. I went down to visit a college roommate for a weekend rut hunt when my own prospects weren’t looking so good at the properties I had access to. I intended to spend more time drinking beer than actually sitting in the stand, but underestimated my buddy’s commitment to hunting and lack of weakness to peer pressure. With no cooler to call my own, and my success being in the 11th hour before I had to be leaving for home anyways, I folded down the back seat, saran-wrapped my center console, tossed down a tarp in the back, and rode with the windows down.

The wife was none too pleased about the smell for the next week, but a quick detailing and some carpet deodorizer fixed it right up.